Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 03-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation NEW MEMBERS - Read This First

If you have registered with this forum and noticed that you cannot post messages or see attachments, AAm has implemented our version of "two factor authentication" to receive full membership rights. This was done to stop member accounts from being activated for the sole purpose of inundating our forum with spam posts.

If you have registered, or intend to register, please follow these steps to become a full member:
  1. After registration, please confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email sent to you by AAm.
  2. In the forum ChatBox, post a message saying that you would like to have your account activated. One of the forum moderators will respond to let you know we received your request.
  3. You will be notified by one of our moderators when your account has been activated with full membership rights, either by the ChatBox or private message. Please allow 24 hours as the site administrator can only do this and does not monitor this site around the clock. During weekends and holidays, the wait may be a little longer.

This is totally optional, but we encourage new members to make their first post in the thread "How did you discover Alizee?". Everybody has their own unique story and is the perfect place to introduce yourself.

You can find that thread here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4611
Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I assuming this all came about because of hard work on your part CleverCowboy. Great job if it is. Of course it will cut down on spammers, but also make it easier for new members to join. I'll bet we've lost a few people in recent years because of the process we had in place.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I assuming this all came about because of hard work on your part CleverCowboy. Great job if it is. Of course it will cut down on spammers, but also make it easier for new members to join. I'll bet we've lost a few people in recent years because of the process we had in place.
We had a recent new member that could not understand why he could not view attachments. He registered and didn't think he had to do anything else. He posted in chat, and from there I saw he was not activated yet. Several days later I put a message in chat for new members highlighted in red, and a recently registered member responded, and he got activated as well.

I thought it was a good idea to create a sticky so new members are aware there is a second step to the process, and hopefully nobody will slip through the cracks.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I thought it was a good idea to create a sticky so new members are aware there is a second step to the process, and hopefully nobody will slip through the cracks.
Good idea, CleverCowboy! I hope this helps make things smoother for new members.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:32 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Great idea.

When I use to mod on other boards I hated the spammers. My ban hammer was very quick.

I never want that job again.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Giving this thread a bump so it can stay among recent posts and be seen by people
Old 03-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Another Bump
Old 04-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Bumping this again
Old 01-10-2020, 07:25 AM
Administrator

bumping yet again.