Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 12-17-2006, 03:37 AM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
WinZip pulls the ol' corrupted message. I'm sure it's not.

There is no emoticon to express my disgruntlement.
I downloaded the most recent version of WinZip and it extracted fine. I love the HQ videos! Do you have vol. 2 Seapaddler?
Old 12-17-2006, 05:18 AM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
WinZip pulls the ol' corrupted message. I'm sure it's not.
There is no emoticon to express my disgruntlement.
Let me create an md5 hash list for you then you can check to see if indeed any of the files got corrupted during your download. At least you'll know which if any got corrupted. I'm on my laptop away from home, I'll have to wait until mid afternoon Sunday to make the hash list.

I don't have volume 2 yet. Volume 2 consists of 3 DVD's too. Strange he didn't label them Vol 2, 3 and 4, but instead Vol 2 disk 1, disk 2, and disk 3.

Last edited by Seapaddler; 12-17-2006 at 05:22 AM..
Old 12-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

I guess that'd be great, no rush though, thanks for the effort!
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 AM

Extract the program md5summer.exe to anywhere you prefer on your system, it doesn't install you just run it. Upon first run, it will add a registry entry that will associate all .md5 files to the md5summer.exe application. So you could put the program in it's own directory in Program Files and create a Start menu shortcut for convenience.

1) Place the file AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.txt file in the same directory as the 8 files you downloaded. It's just an ASCII text file that has the checksum hash strings in them. (usually these files end in .md5 but I can't attach .md5 to this post so .txt works)

1) Open md5summer.exe. In the directory window, Navigate to and select the folder where you placed the above files then click the Verify button. Then double click the AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.txt file that appears. It will start the verify process. Green bullets next to the files mean they are authentic and exact duplicates of the originals. Red bullets mean they are not and had some packet loss during the download and thus are corrupted.

If you get green for all files then there must be something else wrong but the files would be good.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.txt (608 Bytes, 18 views)
File Type: zip md5v12011.zip (452.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Seapaddler; 12-20-2006 at 11:00 AM..
Old 12-23-2006, 04:50 PM

Mr Bond is on a distinguished road

Ah noo missed out I have tried to download this via utorrent before but it would fail after a day or so heartbreaking I hope the links are still good I really want this dvd.

Last edited by Mr Bond; 12-23-2006 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Just a semi-lurker putting his toe in the water here... I first saw this fantastic performer on Google and proceeded to buy both of the albums. I then found this website. Very nice.. But, in this particular thread there is a link to MediaFire with a number of files to dl. I got them all, then I verified them with the attachment utility. The question I have is, what do I do with them? I have an .iso and a number of files with a .0Z suffix. Sorry, some of us are not as savvy as others. Besides, at 54 I am learning a new thing every day and forgetting 2 others. Sigh...

Terry
Old 12-29-2006, 03:33 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Hi,

Just a semi-lurker putting his toe in the water here... I first saw this fantastic performer on Google and proceeded to buy both of the albums. I then found this website. Very nice.. But, in this particular thread there is a link to MediaFire with a number of files to dl. I got them all, then I verified them with the attachment utility. The question I have is, what do I do with them? I have an .iso and a number of files with a .0Z suffix. Sorry, some of us are not as savvy as others. Besides, at 54 I am learning a new thing every day and forgetting 2 others. Sigh...

Terry
Hi Terry welcome to the website.

The iso file is an image of a CD or DVD. If you have a DVD burner you can use the iso to create a new dvd. You can use a lot of programs to do this, like nero or a good free one is cd burner pro

if you don't have a dvd burner you can still watch it on your computer by mounting the iso as a virtual drive. you can use a lot of programs to do this like daemon tools or alcohol 120%
Old 12-29-2006, 04:10 PM

Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I did use the .iso with my burner program and created a dvd that works well. Only problem is that there is no sound. Hmm... Also, what do the other files like AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.z02 do? I have 5 or 6 of those...

Also, a quick question - so is an .iso file a complete dvd disk in one file that you convert to dvd again? Am I close?

Terry
Old 12-29-2006, 04:16 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, what do the other files like AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.z02 do? I have 5 or 6 of those...
Those are the archive files, once you have the .iso you do not need those anymore.

Quote:
Also, a quick question - so is an .iso file a complete dvd disk in one file that you convert to dvd again? Am I close?
Terry
yes, an iso file is a complete image of a DVD or CD all in one file. it will create an exact copy of the dvd/cd everytime.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:12 PM

If you have no dvd audio then you likely may not have the AC3/DirectShow codec used to decode DVD audio tracks or there is something wrong with it if you do have it or the player you are using to watch the dvd with is deficient in some way.

Install this free codec package. http://www.xpcodecpack.com/ Reboot, see if it solves your audio.

Install this free player. It's nothing special to look at but is very robust and never seems to fail at playing anything you throw at it. Even if installing the package above solves your problem you should still have this player in your repertoire http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The sequential files starting with AlizeeFanDVD-MerciVol-1.z01 is called spanning. A technique used when you have one large file that you need to break up into smaller bits for ease of downloading or storing. The 1st file of the bunch (.zip) contains the coded instructions that gather the info from the other files to re-create your single file from the spanned files. As Brad mentioned once you have the extracted single file you can delete the multiple files, unless you want them for a future back up.

Last edited by Seapaddler; 12-29-2006 at 08:19 PM..