Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Alizée has as much control over her own operation as she chooses to exert, and Jérémy as much as she chooses to give him. My impression is that both of those fall into the "too much" category. The point is that she needs to find an experienced, competent manager and allow that person to be the boss, as Lefty put it.
Hence why I said she didn't follow the best management. Maybe it was there for her, maybe not, I don't know. I know she's gone through a number of managers at Sony, I meet one at the autograph session, but they seem to come and go.

It's a catch-22 because one reason for leaving Mylene was so she could be her own boss. Yet now it seems she needs one. According to rumor, this most recent delay is because Alizée and Jive can't agree on a single. Should Lili do her own thing, or listen to the supposed experts? Again, I don't know.

Though I do know Jérémy sees his role for Alizée and other artists as that of a music producer, not a business man. So while I'm sure he puts his opinion in, I don't think he gets involved in management/promotion much more than any concerned husband would.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Alizée's former success was under Mylène Farmer's management and Jérémy wasn't all that successful. She needs help from a real pro, it seems to me. I hope she's figured that out.
I couldn't agree more. But let's not forget Laurent Boutonnat. MF and LB had a huge amount of talent and what might have been even more important, experience in the music industry.

[QUOTE=Deepwaters;141861] This is make-or-break point. Psychédélices flopped in France, although the global sales (especially in Mexico) kept it from being a complete commercial failure. She can't afford to have the same thing happen with the 4th album. If it does, this could be the end of her musical career. QUOTE]

Once again I agree. If this album flops, who will stick around another 2+ years to find out if she can come up with a better one. Unfortunately her success in Mexico, I think gave her a false sense of security. Maybe she thought the fans in France were just mad at her for taking a long break when in reality they knew what she was capable of and were not willing to put up with the mediocrity of Psych. Because of her success in Mexico, she didn't realize that. She didn't know the true reason why her music wasn't selling in France. Didn't realize changes needed to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
deep and lefty are right, but could it be that this is jeremy's secret plan to make lili a housewife and end her musical career?
This may be a very good point. Some husbands, when they land such a rare gem as Alizée, like to keep their wives barefoot and pregnant. I've often said since her comeback that she's looked like a housewife on stage and looked awesome off stage. Maybe he doesn't want her looking too good for her fans. But to be perfectly honest, if the music is good, it wouldn't really matter how she appeared on stage.

To get back on topic though. It's very disappointing to hear some record companies are unwilling to promote her new album. I guess this is understandable after her recent lack of success in France. They don't want to invest money unless they have a sure thing. Record companies have been wrong many times in the past and that's why I'm staying optimistic and will wait as long as it takes. This is coming from someone who was one of her biggest and harshest critics after her Moscow concert. I was critical back then because I thought she might be listening, thought there was still time to change. My methods sucked. I was new to forums. Never really cared to belong to one for any length of time until I found out about Alizée. I've learned a lot since then. I've tried to be a better forum member, more sensitive to other peoples feelings and views.I haven't been critical lately, if I thought it wouldn't do any good. But when this new album is released. I will give my honest opinion. I wont pull any punches, because I think that's the way it should be.

But apparently the new album is done, the die is cast, the water is under the bridge, the scallop is out of it's shell ( I made that one up) so let's be optimistic. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and look forward to a great album.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-08-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Old 10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
lol...Actually, I've often wondered if it was just the opposite - that Jeremy told Alizée to get off the couch and go sing and bring some money into the household.
you may be right that she's a little too attached to her couch. i mean she insisted on bringing the couch to several of her MJ performances.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Of course my last few posts were part serious, part joking. Seriously though, I doubt Jeremy has acted as a manager in any way for Alizée and they probably are well aware it’s not the best role for him anyway.

What I was thinking about is the role MF/LB played other than creating the music. My guess is they got Alizée to do what was needed, but also looked out for her interests at the record company. I hope she has someone doing that for her now. Whereas I think she is up to the task for part of it, I still believe there is a role to be played for someone providing her with professional advice – not just a manager, and definitely not a record company employee. Sometimes you need a knowledgeable mediator.

If we are truly seeing delays in the release date of this album, I hope it’s because they are trying to do it right this time, and not a symptom of a disorganized and poorly promoted release. I don’t mind waiting for something if it will be done right.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

My god, I agree, lets hope the Jive/Epic have their collective heads pulled from their fourth point of contact and get this young lady one hell of a promotion!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

my goodness.. it's been nearly a month since it was to have come out and still not a single word on it's official release date! seriously, i do believe that anticipation is what makes things intresting, but anticipation with no end in sight is just killing me!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 AM
LiL T

Well I've seen on my twitter sony mexico made 2 posts on their facebook about Alizee, one basically said she is working with The Institubes on the new album and to visit the youtube page to watch the videos in the mean time and to be patient. So now the youtube videos are no longer blocked to the UK at least, that's a good start, then the second post links to itunes to buy the music videos again that's cool.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Recently I cooled down a little with her music, I wasn't listening to it for some time. And now I'm hungry of that new album when I realise that only few weeks (hope so) separates us from hearing it...
I hope that it will be good work, not only from music side, which is obvious but also that promotional and marketing stuff will be great.
We couldn't wait forever Lily, have mercy for us!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

News from Twitter!
psychalizee: /!\ Alizée vue ce matin ! Elle confirme nouvel album + concerts pour l'année prochaine ... /!\ @Jive_Epic @mellealizee ...

Translation: /! \ Alizée seen this morning! She confirms new album plus concerts for the next year…/! \ @Jive_Epic @mellealizee…
Old 10-13-2009, 04:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
News from Twitter!
psychalizee: /!\ Alizée vue ce matin ! Elle confirme nouvel album + concerts pour l'année prochaine ... /!\ @Jive_Epic @mellealizee ...

Translation: /! \ Alizée seen this morning! She confirms new album plus concerts for the next year…/! \ @Jive_Epic @mellealizee…
Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaa..........I hope this is true........God I hope this is true!

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont