Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-17-2018, 04:47 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I looked at the other names on the menu for that day as far as musicians, it looks like one is Lady Pank, a Polish rock group that's been around since 1981. One of thier videos has had over 22 million views. So I guess they are fairly successful.

Another name is Jacek Kawaleck. From what I've seen, it looks like he does JoeCocker songs.

That looks like that is it for musical entertainment. So not a star star studded lineup and I think the crows will be expecting, or at least hoping for a lot from Alizée.

Also if you look at the times, they have Jacek Kawaleck scheduled to go on at 16:30
They have Alizée scheduled for 18:30
Then they have Lady Pank on at 20:30

From looking at it, there will be some other non musical stuff going on to help fill in at spots but I can't help but think the organizers too, will be hoping for more than a couple of songs out of Alizée.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:11 AM

Ghislain Rossi of AIFC told me of an article in Charts in France about this event.

A quote from this article "But this first step towards a comeback in due form has left its French community in turmoil, which is now dreaming of a date in France. We cross fingers !"

French community????....more like world community!

and turmoil is an understatement!

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-107743.html

charts in france poland.jpg'

Alizée announces her return to the stage for a festival in Poland
A year after announcing a break in her musical career, Alizée quietly begins her return. The singer will perform soon at a festival in Warsaw, Poland. Good news for her fans!
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/style/...1534412685.png

Photo Credits: Bestimage

Between Alizée and the music, the page seemed turned. A year ago, the interpreter of "Alkaline" confided to take an indefinite break in his career after losing the desire to practice this profession. "Since my last album [" Blonde "in 2014, ed] I especially enjoyed dancing with Greg. It's also a job that makes me earn money. For the moment, I do not feel like going back to record a disc "revealed the winner of" Dance with the stars 4 ", fulfilled in her activities as a dancer with her husband Grégoire Lyonnet:" I came back to my first passion, dancing. When I was little and was asked what I wanted to do, I answered something related to dance (...) I do not want to make album anymore. Statements that have obviously caused the sadness of her fans, who fell in love with Alizée in the year 2000 thanks to the cult "Moi ... Lolita" and who have since seen her grow to become an accomplished mother.

In recent weeks, however, Alizée multiplies the clues on a musical return potential. At the beginning of July, the 33-year-old surprised her fans by unveiling a surprise for the 18 years of her unforgettable hit: her first two albums concocted with Mylène Farmer, "Gourmandises" (2000) and "My electric currents" "(2003), are now available in remastered version on streaming platforms. In addition, Alizée launched its official YouTube channel to allow nostalgics to re-discover all its clips. A beautiful gift that precedes another: his return on stage! The singer has just announced on its social networks, she will perform in concert on September 8th. For the moment, it is only an appearance in a festival in Warsaw, Poland, where Alizée enjoys since its inception a high popularity. But this first step towards a comeback in due form has left its French community in turmoil, which is now dreaming of a date in France. We cross fingers !

Read more at http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee...OGMGSwR5Ia5.99

Edit:

It's interesting in her video she says 'concert'. Two songs is not a concert!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-17-2018 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-17-2018, 11:30 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I looked at the other names on the menu for that day as far as musicians, it looks like one is Lady Pank, a Polish rock group that's been around since 1981. One of thier videos has had over 22 million views. So I guess they are fairly successful.

Another name is Jacek Kawaleck. From what I've seen, it looks like he does JoeCocker songs.

That looks like that is it for musical entertainment. So not a star star studded lineup and I think the crows will be expecting, or at least hoping for a lot from Alizée.

Also if you look at the times, they have Jacek Kawaleck scheduled to go on at 16:30
They have Alizée scheduled for 18:30
Then they have Lady Pank on at 20:30

From looking at it, there will be some other non musical stuff going on to help fill in at spots but I can't help but think the organizers too, will be hoping for more than a couple of songs out of Alizée.
Very exciting news!
You can watch ( youtube) a live concert from Jacek Kawaleck with his band, background singers., trumpets.. Lady Pank looks like a serious live band too, so both with a lot experience on the stage. I dont know what do expect from Alizee and will she also play with a live band?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:47 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's interesting in her video she says 'concert'. Two songs is not a concert!
I can't find it right now but if the "she will only perform 2 songs" refers to a post from the organisers it was probably more like "Alizée's going to perform. Her most famous songs are JEAM and ML." I saw it somewhere on facebook. The actual concert will be about an hour. It would be ridiculous to invite her for only 2 songs.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 08-17-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Old 08-17-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
I can't find it right now but if the "she will only perform 2 songs" refers to a post from the organisers it was probably more like "Alizée's going to perform. Her most famous songs are JEAM and ML." I saw it somewhere on facebook. The actual concert will be about an hour. It would be ridiculous to invite her for only 2 songs.
Good to hear from you Jenny. Is there any chance you might go to this show?
Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Good to hear from you Jenny. Is there any chance you might go to this show?
Luckily one of the former AF members is going to Warsaw and there's still some space left for me in his car. And from where we live Poland is much closer than France and who knows if she's ever doing a gig again?

We (or better he because I can't drive anymore) will have a over 7 hrs long drive but I'm sure it will be worth it. Even if Alizée would just stand there and look pretty.

Tho I'm sure I can't beat Ske Leton's HD videos - who's also going - with my Nikon I'll try to record sth and if it's only just for myself.

Edit:

Proof that the concert will last 1 h:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180818_014709.jpg (73.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 08-17-2018 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Added Screenshot
Old 08-18-2018, 06:14 AM

Wow!.....1 hour of Alizée.....in concert.....that's hard to believe.

I hope she takes the necessary steps to put on a good show.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:16 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Hope a lot HD cameras around that day!
Old 08-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Well it sounds like we'll have at least 2 of her fans there and I have a feeling there will be more.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Well it sounds like we'll have at least 2 of her fans there and I have a feeling there will be more.
RMJ and Ske Leton are coming too and I'm sure there are still a lot of Polish fans left. I don't know how many there are but at AF there used to be a Polish forum and the fans there seemed to be quite loyal.

In addition - and she really should consider this - there might be also a lot of non-fans in the audience that will be waiting for the third act so it would be a good idea if she performs several of her greatest hits because this part of the audience won't know her new songs. La isla bonita might be a good choice as well. We'll see.

And she should practice a lot before the concert because yeah - her voice might be a bit rusty. Even if I don't agree with Scruffy - I really liked her performance in Mexico.