Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-12-2020, 11:13 AM

stephan is on a distinguished road
Default Jaka to melodia

Alizée was once again invited to Poland.

If I'm not mistaken, the programme is going to be aired in just 20 mins!!!

Somebody needs to record it. I can try, but it was a bit unexpected, so I'm not sure.

It seems that you can watch it live here:

https://tvpstream.vod.tvp.pl/
Old 02-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I tried the link about 15 minutes after you posted, and nothing was playing. Maybe too late?
Old 02-12-2020, 12:00 PM

Bad news: it was the wrong channel, I switched to TVP 1 5 minutes later and I'm not sure if I missed her or not.

Good news: this programme keeps their recording on the web-site in a rather good quality anyway, so there should be no worries: https://vod.tvp.pl/website/jaka-to-m...38763833/video
Old 02-12-2020, 01:25 PM
Administrator

This looks to be what can be a very significant event.

On IG, ske_leton posted a picture:

Then a short video clip of Alizee singing with the message:

[BREAKING NEWS] Alizée sings in Poland today for the recording of the program Jaka to melodia.

I was able to download the clip.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wz...q9-fyuwT7aTpmE

She is singing Ella Elle L'a. I have to keep an eye on Ske's YouTube account because there is a good chance he will post the whole performance.

I have to admit, she sounds pretty rusty, but she looks great... and most importantly, it is obvious she is continuing her singing career to some extent.

This again gives me a glimmer of hope for more of her in the future.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:04 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

Quote:
I have to keep an eye on Ske's YouTube account because there is a good chance he will post the whole performance.

I have to admit, she sounds pretty rusty, but she looks great...
You're right. I hope there is something bigger behind the scenes.
Last time she went to Warsaw, she had posted a photo where she had let us know that she was going to sing. Now this one is totally unexpected and, as you said, she seems quite rusty... I don't know what to think but I look forward to watching the full performance
Old 02-12-2020, 03:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post

You're right. I hope there is something bigger behind the scenes.
Last time she went to Warsaw, she had posted a photo where she had let us know that she was going to sing. Now this one is totally unexpected and, as you said, she seems quite rusty... I don't know what to think but I look forward to watching the full performance
A couple of days ago we had nothing, not knowing if a new addition to the family would make her call it quits. Now there is hope. At least we know she is willing to continue.

As far as Ella Ella, back when she first sang it in 2003, I'm sure she was lip syncing because of all the moving she was doing and the studio version sounded great. In 2007, maybe later, she sang it live on some show and it did not sound good. This kind of goes back to what I've said a million times about her lack of success since leaving MF. She needs someone to manage her career, someone to tell her she's rusty and needs to practice or to tell her sing theses songs, but not those songs. These little appearances could really help her, if she chose the right songs.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Ella Ella, back when she first sang it in 2003, I'm sure she was lip syncing because of all the moving she was doing and the studio version sounded great. In 2007, maybe later, she sang it live on some show and it did not sound good. This kind of goes back to what I've said a million times about her lack of success since leaving MF. She needs someone to manage her career, someone to tell her she's rusty and needs to practice or to tell her sing theses songs, but not those songs. These little appearances could really help her, if she chose the right songs.
Alizee sounded great in Les Enfoires 2013. Since then, she has only had a handful of singing engagements. She has invested a lot of time in dancing since then, but if she wants to do more singing, it would be wise of her to invest in her singing skills. No professional singer is above working with a voice coach.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Well, she just had a child, so it's logical she is not in her best shape at the moment.

Glad she was on TV though.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who could have seen this coming???
Definitely not me…

I’m still trying to put all of this into some kind of “overall context”, and so far I have not got enough “info” to do so…

Kind of “perplexing”, but also pretty darn “cool”…

Will need a lot more “intel” before I can come to any “definintive” decision about this one…

But, it was SO GOOD to see her “out and about”, doing her “thing”….

Quote:
I have to admit, she sounds pretty rusty, but she looks great... and most importantly, it is obvious she is continuing her singing career to some extent.

For someone who has just had her second child, she DOES look GREAT, but to me, she always has done, regardless…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This kind of goes back to what I've said a million times about her lack of success since leaving MF. She needs someone to manage her career, someone to tell her she's rusty and needs to practice or to tell her sing theses songs, but not those songs. These little appearances could really help her, if she chose the right songs.
Yeps, Scruffy, absolutely, she does need a "manager", and a good one at that, regardless of her future career path. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that they would have to be pretty “special”, in several “key” ways. They would have to be “strong” enough, to provide appropriate “direction”, but suitably “tactful” in their application of said “direction”. “Compassion”, a “sense of humour” and a “thick skin”, so to speak, would also be helpful, desirable qualities also, methinks, for, there are times that they would have to say “No”.

So, we need to find Alizée a “manager” with the: “heart of an Angel”; “the “eye” of a Great Artist; and; the temperament of a “Drill Instructor”…

This… could maybe take a “wee while”…

With regard to selection of the appropriate material/songs, again, Scruffy, you are “spot on”. The right songs, at the right places, at the right times, would boost her public “visibility”, and “standing”, immensely, not to mention giving her a welcome “morale” and “confidence” boost…

She really does need that "somebody" at her side, who has the "balls", so to speak, to tell her what is working and what is not...

Quote:
Alizee sounded great in Les Enfoires 2013. Since then, she has only had a handful of singing engagements. She has invested a lot of time in dancing since then, but if she wants to do more singing, it would be wise of her to invest in her singing skills. No professional singer is above working with a voice coach.
To me, a good “voice” is like an “exotic” weapon, say, for example, a "relic"sword…

To be effective, it has to be kept “cleaned”, “honed”, and regularly “tended”, to keep it in “optimal” condition. And, even then, no matter if it is the best, most well tended sword in the world, if you do not know how to use it, it is just a very fancy “paperweight”…

Every “Swordsman” needs a “master” to help maintain their skill level, “perfect” their “form”, and teach them new “arts”…

As does every "professional" singer, who is serious about their career…

In the end, it is all down to what Alizee’s plans for the future are, with regard to this area, if, indeed, there are any plans…

To be honest, I would have to see the whole of her TV appearance, and get the whole “backstory” behind it, before I could even make any kind of guess with regard to what is happening…

Anyhow…

She looked great, and, it was really cool to see her “on stage” again…

<sigh>

Who knows, what the future may bring…
Old 02-13-2020, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Apparently she sang five titles. Ella Elle L'a and JPVA are the only ones I know of for sure. She is already back in Ajaccio, so this was a very quick trip, probably solo. The background dancers knew what to do already, so maybe this has been planned for a while, and just waited until Alizee felt comfortable enough to make the trip.

So was this just a paycheck or a hint of bigger things to come? I don't think she would say no to continue singing on a freelance basis.