Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-21-2021, 04:36 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post

By literally every few shops / kiosks / street vendors Moi... Lolita was being played, with a person next to it actively approaching all tourists who walked by, telling them they had to buy the Moi... Lolita CD single then and there
I would have loved to be there. The magic of Paris and Alizée combined together...

Quote:

it was the greatest French invention ever
No lies detected.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:35 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Since it shows Alizée En Concert it must be more recent (2003 or later).
Found it, it has Dutch subtitles, but it's from Belgium and not from The Netherlands.

It's recorded at the "Vorst Nationaal" ("Forest National") at Alizée's concert on October 12, 2003 by VRT Eén's TV show "De Rode Loper" ("The Red Carpet").

With English translations:

Old 04-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

Well, how I found her is already in quite a few threads.

But I have to wonder how record-breaking Alizée is now!

Her greatest successes are almost 20 years old, and yet it seems that almost every day some new ones just find her now!

And I mostly only watch comments in English on YouTube.

Russians, South Americans, etc. write in languages ​​I don't observe regularly ...

It would be nice to know how YouTube's algorithms work, because it seems that only now in the next few years has it started offering Alizée videos properly to a large number of people...

And hopefully it will continue to provide this delicious for many!

Alizée 💜
Old 04-05-2021, 10:54 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
Well, how I found her is already in quite a few threads.

But I have to wonder how record-breaking Alizée is now!

Her greatest successes are almost 20 years old, and yet it seems that almost every day some new ones just find her now!

And I mostly only watch comments in English on YouTube.

Russians, South Americans, etc. write in languages ​​I don't observe regularly ...

It would be nice to know how YouTube's algorithms work, because it seems that only now in the next few years has it started offering Alizée videos properly to a large number of people...

And hopefully it will continue to provide this delicious for many!
Well, no one person knows everything about how the algorithm operates, but Alizee's videos for one reason or another happen to do very well.

I don't think it's a new thing though, I'm pretty sure people have been getting her videos randomly recommended for many years. If you read through threads like this you see similar stories, YouTube is probably the reason for the majority of fans (at least those outside of France) having discovered Alizee.

And I think that will continue to be the case. It's something I've mentioned a few times, there will always be new people who catch the Lilibug and join the fanbase mostly thanks to YouTube, though other websites like Reddit/Instagram/Facebook help as well.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:04 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Well, no one person knows everything about how the algorithm operates, but Alizee's videos for one reason or another happen to do very well.

I don't think it's a new thing though, I'm pretty sure people have been getting her videos randomly recommended for many years. If you read through threads like this you see similar stories, YouTube is probably the reason for the majority of fans (at least those outside of France) having discovered Alizee.

And I think that will continue to be the case. It's something I've mentioned a few times, there will always be new people who catch the Lilibug and join the fanbase mostly thanks to YouTube, though other websites like Reddit/Instagram/Facebook help as well.
Yep, that's probably true, too.

On the other hand.... Now also in recent years there have been many more new videos. Among other things, all the "official videos" have only come in recent years.

Algorithms have also certainly evolved to be "smarter" over the years.

I compare it to the successful La Isla Bonita video, for example. Now that it gets an average of more than a million new viewers a week, it has once again started the (latest) wild rise compared to the video start date.

But of course then there are old videos with different viewer development.

Perhaps the most interesting thing I’m thinking about here is that videos sometimes seem to be “dormant” or “sleepy”. Just like La Isla Bonita.

Let's take an example. When I found Alizée, there were two videos of J’en Ai Marre in a “horrible blow”. Both videos probably garnered a million new views once a week. The video I first found is now again popular with the general public, but the second video is not. Maybe because it’s Russian, it still gets big numbers. Then another video uploaded by an English-speaking user will now only receive 10,000 to 100,000 per week.

At the same time, videos also play a role. For example, if youtube would now start proposing to everyone, eg Parler tout bas's official video, there may not be many more new fans, but when it proposes JEAM, the flood of new fans is a fact!

Personally, I think that if YouTube had recommended to me first, e.g., even LIB, so maybe I would never have even found Alizée. I know a little about Madonna, I’ve never listened to her before, now I listened because of Alizeé, I don’t like it. Today, of course, I really like the LIB version of Alizée!

But JEAM was something completely different - a perfect blow! Something that is hard to imagine, let alone the experience itself, which may be completely impossible to imitate...!

Alizée 💜

Last edited by AlizéeSuperFanFIN; 04-06-2021 at 05:14 PM..
Old 06-03-2021, 11:11 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

I have some intermediate level of French and one day I was practising by reading a French discussion about someone forced to apologise for breaking rules (details not important). One commenter mused that in France people would not accept responsibility in the same way, it reminded him of the line 'C'est pas ma faute à moi !' with a link to the Moi... Lolita video. I watched that and was instantly hooked by her beauty, her voice, everything.

What stands out to me just thinking about this is that music does not play such a huge role in my life - normally I do not try to find so much about a new singer and discover everything about their personal life, much less would I be motivated to join a forum. For Alizée, since my discovery (only a couple of months ago) I've searched for every nugget of information related to her. Proof, if it were needed, that she is special.

So a strange way to discover Alizée probably but something I am infinitely happy about and that has brought me joy. I still have loads more Alizée songs to work through...
Old 06-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
I have some intermediate level of French and one day I was practising by reading a French discussion about someone forced to apologise for breaking rules (details not important). One commenter mused that in France people would not accept responsibility in the same way, it reminded him of the line 'C'est pas ma faute à moi !' with a link to the Moi... Lolita video. I watched that and was instantly hooked by her beauty, her voice, everything.

What stands out to me just thinking about this is that music does not play such a huge role in my life - normally I do not try to find so much about a new singer and discover everything about their personal life, much less would I be motivated to join a forum. For Alizée, since my discovery (only a couple of months ago) I've searched for every nugget of information related to her. Proof, if it were needed, that she is special.

So a strange way to discover Alizée probably but something I am infinitely happy about and that has brought me joy. I still have loads more Alizée songs to work through...
Thank you for sharing Elise, and welcome to the forum! And what an interesting way to discover her, quite unique to anything I've heard. That feeling of being instantly 'hooked' however is much more common, she just has that much of an impact upon first viewing.

What you said about not previously being particularly keen on pursuing new music, you're also not alone. It's the same case for myself, Alizée is the first and still only artist I've paid real close attention to. And this forum is the only one (of it's kind) I've joined.

And on the topic of the forum, there's ~15 years worth of threads to dig through if you're keen, though most just focus on the newly posted stuff of course. But if you want to go searching there's plenty of interesting discussions and information to come across.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:23 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Yeah it’s weird. Most of the time I prefer to stick to the music I already know and it takes a while to discover something new. And when that happens it is more commonly quite random from the YouTube suggestions, so it is unusual for this discovery to come the way it did.

Previously I only ever listened to music for free on YouTube or radio. This is the first time I am considering buying Alizée items.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Thumbs up

Quote:

Welcome again Elise!

Nice to have new active fans!

Your story was also nice!

Alizée 💜
Old 06-03-2021, 01:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am a music lover with my collection being easily over 15,000 songs, but I am like you that I don't really care to know about the musician other than their music... until Alizee came along. This is the first celebrity forum I joined, and I lurked here for a number of years before actually registering.

I discovered her 15 years ago, and I held off wanting to know much about her outside of her music. The reason? Many if not most in the music industry that reach some level of success lead pretty destructive lives in some way or another. I knew Alizee was special but I did not want anything to interfere with the level of perfection that I had mentally formed for her.

Then I decided to take the plunge and know as much about her as I could. AAm was a big part of that, even though I wasn't a registered user yet. I was not disappointed. In fact, it made me a bigger fan. Learning about her imperfections made her more perfect, if that makes sense. I could identify with her youthful mistakes because they were of the type that any one of us could make at her age. But most important of all, I find her to be a very decent human being with many great qualities.

Anyway, great story and welcome aboard!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-03-2021 at 02:23 PM..