Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 02:10 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road
Cool The songs you think are about Alizée

Quite often, a song expresses a thought better than a thousand words. I'm starting this thread for all of the people here to put songs in different languages that could be thought of as songs about Alizée (sung by another singers/groups, of course), describing the attitude towards her (her personality, life, career or anything else that is discussed on this site) or just expressing the current state of things. As the majority of songs throughout the world is in one way or another about love, this could be a large list. It is therefore necessary to put additional criteria for listing here, so here they are.
  1. The main criterion is meaning of the lyrics (though meaning of the video sequence is also acceptable in exceptional cases). This should reflect your own feelings, thoughts and opinions about Alizée as if you sing the song by yourself. The song doesn't have to be in your native language or in one you're speaking well. Just make sure you understand the meaning. One of lyrics translation sites, Google Translate or something like that will be enough.
  2. The musical value of the song matters. Don't include songs you don't like or don't want to listen more than once.
  3. If several videos are available for the song, select the best (in your opinion) of them, no matter if it is official or not.

I'll start by three songs so underrated that there are no even official videos to them.

David Lowe, most known for his work with Touch and Go

Rework, a German group with a French vocalist

Ukrainian synthpop, represented by Руся

Now let's move on to Dressed In Black by Depeche Mode. Check out the lyrics, and especially the beginning:

Quote:
She's dressed in black again
And I'm falling down again
Down to the floor again
I'm begging for more again
The color of the dressing mentioned becomes clear if you recall the live TV version of J'en Ai Marre, although, frankly, I prefer Gourmandises among all Alizée's performances on TV. Dressed In Black doesn't have an official video either, but I've found this great remix with an amazing video:

Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Silencio. This seems to be a very interesting thread.
Anyway I don't know if the song I'm thinking about is appropriate: I usually don't focus too much on the lyrics and don't listen too many love songs, so I don't have many choices for this kind of questions about music.

Anyway, this is one of my favourite songs:

This video has the best audio, but I prefer the live version

And this is a good translation:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ad...lation/english

I said that I don't know if it is appropriate because, if you read the lyrics, it is dedicated to a woman that he loves and is close to him. Obviously I'm not in this particular situation with Alizée, but a couple of nights ago I was listening to this song and I found me thinking about her.
This song gives me the idea of unconditional love and real feelings, so I feel as though, even though I'm so far from her, I have her by my side and can always count on her. I think I could dedicate it to her (maybe with some modifications for the reasons I said).
But, yes, if I'm thinking about Alizée, I can totally agree with some of its phares:
''It takes my breath away
if you're here it is too bright''

''My soul get expanded
like music in the summer'' [when I listen to her music or see her smiling]

''separed we are lost
we feel almost nothing
we are bound inside
by a love that gives us
the very strong conviction
that nothing will get us apart''

As you can see the song uses a lot of time ''we''. I can't use it with Alizée, but I like to think that I will always be there for her, despite the distance. Because she is always here to support me and I will always trust her.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 AM

Hi, Aragorn97. I suspect that hardly anyone on this site had some relationships with Alizée or at least knows her personally. Therefore, some discrepancy in lyrics is allowed. The main thing here is an overall impression from the song. As an example, I could have proposed the following song:

despite the fact that the lines "Che ne hai fatto del nostro amore", "Che ne hai fatto del nostro bene" and "le nostre cene" has very little to do with Alizée and me. However, this song has a very relevant refrain
Quote:
Ma perché!... tu sei un'altra donna
ma perché!... tu non sei più tu!...
and the overall impression from it is very close to what I feel when I look, for example, at photos (especially wedding ones) where Alizée is side by side with Grégoire. This song is thus quite acceptable for this thread.

Moreover, a song anyone presents here doesn't have to be a love song at all (I will include one more example from myself in a couple of days). Maybe I should have clarified this at the introduction. The reason I've mentioned the word "love" at the beginning is that I supposed this is the most frequent feeling an average forum member is experiencing about Alizée. I could be wrong. I addition, love often coexist with other feelings such as astonishment, impatience, confusion, misunderstanding, sadness, regret and so on. So let them be expressed in the form of songs! Besides feelings, some news about Alizée may appear in the future. Why not include dedicated songs to acknowledge them here?

Last edited by Silencio; 09-12-2019 at 08:03 AM..
Old 09-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post

Moreover, a song anyone presents here doesn't have to be a love song at all (I will include one more example from myself in a couple of days). Maybe I should have clarified this at the introduction.
Yeah, I know. I mentioned love songs because the topic they are about represents the type of feelings that I have towards Alizée. So I would have chose L'emozione non ha voce anyway.

Quote:
As an example, I could have proposed the following song:

despite the fact that the lines "Che ne hai fatto del nostro amore", "Che ne hai fatto del nostro bene" and "le nostre cene" has very little to do with Alizée and me. However, this song has a very relevant refrain

and the overall impression from it is very close to what I feel when I look, for example, at photos (especially wedding ones) where Alizée is side by side with Grégoire. This song is thus quite acceptable for this thread.
First of all, great song of Adriano lol
But, even though I like it as a song, why would you choose it to describe your feelings towards Alizée?
I mean, it is a song about betrayal! There is this woman who cheated on "her" man and never said nothing about it.
The lyrics you mentioned means "you are another woman, you're no longer yourself".
I don't know, I find it unfair to compare such a sad (and angry) song and what is probably the happiest day of Alizée's life (or anyway her happy moments with the man she loves). She's still herself!
I know many fans of her might have felt bad when she got married, probably because she became another man's woman, but feeling betrayed by her seems a bit selfish to me. I hope you're not feeling this way and it is just an example.

(obviously I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying that, as far as I'm concerned, it is impossible to find something common between Alizée and this song and to imagine that Alizée could be the cause of the feelings this song shows)
Old 09-12-2019, 01:44 PM

First of all, I must confess I don't speak Italian. I've used a lyrics translation site for the song, but I permitted this possibility from the very beginning. The reason for this is that many people in the world, and on this site especially, listen to music in languages they don't understand. Not only they listen to such a music but also find it sometimes more interesting than a music in their native languages. That's why I'm here and consider Alizée my favorite singer though my French isn't much better than my Italian. Having said that, there is concern of erroneous interpretation of some part of Celentano's song, but I think the main message it bears is right.

Alizée has changed. She betrayed, not me as a person but the whole world of music and all of her music fans in favor of Danse avec les stars. Do you realize that we've lost the singer Alizée because of this stupid reality show? Following that, she is gradually disappearing as a public person. Her fan sites throughout the world are closing because people don't believe in her anymore. She is so overwhelmed by her husband that doesn't even notice that. I would like to see her on top again but don't know how to help considering she doesn't want to help herself. Why did she say that she doesn't want to record a new album anymore? Is she going to perform alongside Grégoire onstage until the end of time? DALS is over for a long time but life continues. I was embarrassed at the time of watching this strange performance:

for which "Grégoire and his Lolita" is the best name. Isn't it detrimental to her career (in case she wants to pursue it, of course)? Do you remember the promising actor Roberto Benigni who used to put her wife in any movie he starred? Where is he now? People has forgotten him. I didn't closely monitor Madonna and Jennifer Lopez during their concert tours but I don't remember seeing them alongside their (more famous than Grégoire, by the way) husbands onstage.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Alizée has changed. She betrayed, not me as a person but the whole world of music and all of her music fans in favor of Danse avec les stars. Do you realize that we've lost the singer Alizée because of this stupid reality show? Following that, she is gradually disappearing as a public person. Her fan sites throughout the world are closing because people don't believe in her anymore. She is so overwhelmed by her husband that doesn't even notice that. I would like to see her on top again but don't know how to help considering she doesn't want to help herself. Why did she say that she doesn't want to record a new album anymore? Is she going to perform alongside Grégoire onstage until the end of time? DALS is over for a long time but life continues. I was embarrassed at the time of watching this strange performance:

for which "Grégoire and his Lolita" is the best name. Isn't it detrimental to her career (in case she wants to pursue it, of course)?
I understand your feelings but I can't agree with them.
I think you are missing the point: yes, Alizée is a singer (some say "was"), but first of all she is a person. As a person she has her own dreams and passions like everyone else. She is not pursuing any kind of career: she decided what is important in her life and it is love for her family and her dream of dancing. That's a fact. It's her life, her choices and they can't be judged. I think that every single person on Earth wants to be happy in their life. This is her happiness, she doesn't care about popularity and other business stuff.
I'm the first of her fans that wants her to come back to music. I've said it other times, I'm sure she will come back. But there can only be hope. The first thing is her happiness and now she is happy, so everything else doesn't matter.
It wasn't DALS that put an end to her singer career. It was the 3 album flops in a row and a canceled tour. She might even say that her fans betrayed her... Or maybe it was just the fact that she was no longer a good artist. Who knows?
But one thing is sure: for now she wants to perform alongside Greg on a stage called life.
So, if you are just a fan of her, I could understand your feelings, it's normal: there are thousands of singers/actors/artists who says "stop!". So, to answer your question: she doesn't want to record a new album because, for now, it wouldn't make her happy. And if Alizée is more than just a performer to you, you can do nothing but accepting it. Like everyone else.

Quote:
Do you remember the promising actor Roberto Benigni who used to put her wife in any movie he starred? Where is he now? People has forgotten him. I didn't closely monitor Madonna and Jennifer Lopez during their concert tours but I don't remember seeing them alongside their (more famous than Grégoire, by the way) husbands onstage.
So, these examples aren't appropriate, because she is not working with her husband in order to become more famous or gain more success; she works with him because she is happy this way.

And by the way Roberto Benigni won an Oscar by acting together with her wife. Ten years ago he got a nomination for the Nobel prize in Literature and he is one of the most influential intellectuals of Italian culture. And few years ago I think Dan Brown wanted him for the adaptation of one of his latest books: Inferno. So, yeah, he's a good boy.

So, that's it. I hope your feeling of being betrayed could become a feeling of happiness for her

Last edited by Aragorn97; 09-12-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

What Dals did to her singing career is kind of a complicated subject. After leaving MF/LB, she had 3 failures. That may have very well been the end of her singing career, but Dals came along and made Alizee a household name again. The big mistake they made after Dals was to rush out an album to take advantage of her new found popularity. They couldn't get it right in 3 tries before, what made them think they could rush out an album? They should have taken their time, first to figure out what went wrong and then simply what changes they needed to make to get it right.

Now unfortunately with her Dals success, in the 2 following years there were the Tournées, which kept her away from pursuing another album and kept her away from Les Enfoires where she might have met up with other names in the music industry and seeds for an album might have been sown, but she probably never would have been in that position to pursue her singing career, if it wasn't for her Dals success.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Dals came along and made Alizee a household name again.
I think its DALS who gained in popularity because Alizée took part in it and not vice versa. Most people outside France didn't even know that such a show exist. They have watched it just for one purpose: to see Alizée, an internationally acclaimed artist. She didn't need to participate in it to obtain a popularity outside France. And, with regard to France, had the victory at DALS helped to sell tickets to the Blonde tour?

Quote:
They should have taken their time, first to figure out what went wrong and then simply what changes they needed to make to get it right.
The change is simple: find the right long-term producer. It's not Alizée business to compose music, write lyrics, overview the process of recording the albums and control the process of their promotion (including all concerts and TV appearances).

Quote:
kept her away from Les Enfoires where she might have met up with other names in the music industry and seeds for an album might have been sown
No, Les Enfoires isn't the right place for this. Who do you hope for her to meet there, swindlers like Pascal Obispo and Laurent Konrad who screwed up the last album? It is my strong belief that there are no producers and no composers appropriate to Alizée's style and voice currently in France. Boutonnat could be the only exception but I'm not even sure if he is capable to write the appropriate music for her today. I was disappointed by "Monkey Me", the album he wrote after the return to Mylène Farmer. You cannot step into the same river twice! Alizée should definitely search abroad, if she ever decides to leave her corner of heaven at Corsica. UK, USA, Sweden, Germany (in that order) are the right countries for this.

Quote:
Now unfortunately with her Dals success, in the 2 following years there were the Tournées
Not only DALS took her valuable time but, what's even worse, made her thinking that dancing is the only talent of her. Would we have known her if she had won Graines de Star as a dancer and not as singer? I seriously doubt that. Besides that, DALS made a dishonest reality show from Alizée's personal life (is she Kim Kardashian, after all?) benefiting from her painful divorce and planting a longtime admirer to her as a partner for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I hope your feeling of being betrayed could become a feeling of happiness for her
I happy that she is happy. Is this happiness eternal?

Last edited by Silencio; 09-13-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 09-13-2019, 02:01 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée should definitely search abroad, if she ever decides to leave her corner of heaven at Corsica. UK, USA, Sweden, Germany (in that order) are the right countries for this.
Its too bad she wasn't born in America in the first place. As an American performer--- speaking English and singing in English--- she would have been bigger than Britney Spears.

Edit:

Quote:
It is my strong belief that there are no producers and no composers appropriate to Alizée's style and voice currently in France.
The best songwriters are in the English-speaking countries, such as England or America. Boudennat is an exception to this, but he's close to 60 years old-- most songwriters are finished after their mid-40's.

Edit:

Quote:
The change is simple: find the right long-term producer. It's not Alizée business to compose music, write lyrics, overview the process of recording the albums and control the process of their promotion (including all concerts and TV appearances).
The problem is that Alizee has lost interest in being a performer. She's happy being a mother and running a dance studio.

I don't think Alizee ever wanted to be a pop star in the first place. She accepted Mylene's offer in 1999 more as a challenge than anything else. After she left Mylene in 2004, I don't think Alizee knew what she wanted.

Come 2014, her musical career was going nowhere and she turned 30; and so she decided to abandon singing and devote herself to her lifelong passion, dance.

Its too bad she hadn't been born in America rather than Corsica, she would have had a more sustained career; possibly movies, too. She would have made a fantastic actress.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-13-2019 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-13-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Is this happiness eternal?
I hope so. If she had the secret to find eternal happiness, she would be the most famous and rich person of the world lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Its too bad she hadn't been born in America rather than Corsica, she would have had a more sustained career; possibly movies, too. She would have made a fantastic actress.
Alizée as actress is interesting.
I don't know if it would have been the same if she had been born in US or UK... She wouldn't have met Mylene, who made her the artist we love. Moreover I think that the fact she is French is something that made her more interesting and charming for the international market. What do you think?

Last edited by Aragorn97; 09-13-2019 at 03:17 PM..