Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2020, 02:49 AM

zingy is on a distinguished road
Default Dance Lessons with Alizee and/or Gregoire

The price for dance lessons at Gregoire and Alizee's studio is quite reasonable. From what I see in videos taken in the studio, Gregoire is the main teacher and Alizee seems to help out mostly in the front. I did see a few videos of other teachers in the summer program, but I imagine the two of them are around, so you might want to request Gregoire.

For a big fan, if you happen to be in Europe anyway, stopping by to take a few lessons might be a good idea. Beats just asking for an autograph. For the price of a few private lessons over a few days, you would actually personally know them.

Private Lesson - 36 €
Trial Lesson - 10 €
2 Lessons per week for a year - 266 €

http://www.danselyonnet.fr/tarifs.php
Old 01-04-2020, 04:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingy View Post
The price for dance lessons at Gregoire and Alizee's studio is quite reasonable. From what I see in videos taken in the studio, Gregoire is the main teacher and Alizee seems to help out mostly in the front. I did see a few videos of other teachers in the summer program, but I imagine the two of them are around, so you might want to request Gregoire.

For a big fan, if you happen to be in Europe anyway, stopping by to take a few lessons might be a good idea. Beats just asking for an autograph. For the price of a few private lessons over a few days, you would actually personally know them.

Private Lesson - 36 €
Trial Lesson - 10 €

Good info to know zingy! I'll have to make sure I bring my credit card with me next time I go.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Good info to know zingy! I'll have to make sure I bring my credit card with me next time I go.
This is actually a common technique of social climbers. Find an interest of a celebrity or nobleman/old money and use that to know the person. That is one of the reasons charities try to get famous patrons. If a celebrity has an interest in saving the red tailed snail darter of Cucamonga, he would do expensive fundraisers, and the social climbers would buy the tickets for access. They would also know to discuss the snail darter or whatever else interested the celebrity.

Lady (NOT Princess!) Diana raised many, many millions for charity with this method. She was the ultimate person "to know."

Social climbing is a skill, one that women are the best at. There are many books written about it. Can't push too hard, need to do it just right.

Social climbing can be an expensive hobby, but "I know" (quotes intentional, this is about "who you know") social climbers that actually became friends of celebrities and old money people, as in even getting invited to their houses for dinner.

Last edited by zingy; 01-04-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Old 01-04-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
This is actually a common technique of social climbers. Find an interest of a celebrity or nobleman/old money and use that to know the person. That is one of the reasons charities try to get famous patrons. If a celebrity has an interest in saving the red tailed snail darter of Cucamonga, he would do expensive fundraisers, and the social climbers would buy the tickets for access. They would also know to discuss the snail darter or whatever else interested the celebrity.

Lady (NOT Princess!) Diana raised many, many millions for charity with this method. She was the ultimate person "to know."

Social climbing is a skill, one that women are the best at. There are many books written about it. Can't push too hard, need to do it just right.

Social climbing can be an expensive hobby, but "I know" (quotes intentional, this is about "who you know") social climbers that actually became friends of celebrities and old money people, as in even getting invited to their houses for dinner.

I think this is a subject that Bamagirl may know a few things about but she's on a trip and might not be able to respond for a few days.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Private Lesson - 36 €
Trial Lesson - 10 €

Interesting bit of information. I'm surprised the cost is so modest.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:01 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

i can see them doing this because they wanted to most of all and Alizee's previous fortune would keep them comfortable. It wouldn't surprise me if they're hardly making any money at all after all expenses are considered. Bot a bad deal for all, given both one day wanted to have a dance school one day. Looks like everyone wins!
Old 01-04-2020, 07:50 PM

Her financial situation has always been a big puzzle to us. We think she should have made plenty of money from her early years (1999-2004), but one of the interesting rumors and I do stress rumors of what happened in her life is that Jeremy came along and told her she wasn't making as much money as she should be. So how much money did she make?

She's always seemed to like expensive accessories, yet we've never seen her in an expensive car.

I think she could have had her own place built in Ajaccio, after she moved back there, yet she chose to move into an apartment/condo that had a great view of the Blood Islands, a view she treasured so much. Was that view from that apartment/condo, more important to her than owning a place of her own?

We see today, more and more new fans come along, listening to her music, but in today's world, does that generate any serious money for her or is most of that lost due to pirating?

We saw from one of her early interviews that though we see she certainly wasn't surrounded in luxury, she never wanted. A woman who except for her expensive accessories, many of which she receives money for endorsing, she's never sought out luxury.

She could be set for life financially, or she may need that money from the studio.

I tend to think she's in very good financial shape, but I certainly can't say that for sure. She is a very hard person to figure out.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:39 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Her financial situation has always been a big puzzle to us. We think she should have made plenty of money from her early years (1999-2004), but one of the interesting rumors and I do stress rumors of what happened in her life is that Jeremy came along and told her she wasn't making as much money as she should be. So how much money did she make?

She's always seemed to like expensive accessories, yet we've never seen her in an expensive car.

I think she could have had her own place built in Ajaccio, after she moved back there, yet she chose to move into an apartment/condo that had a great view of the Blood Islands, a view she treasured so much. Was that view from that apartment/condo, more important to her than owning a place of her own?
Well, this website says:
The French singer has an estimated net worth of $ 215 million. It owes its money to some smart equity investments, a substantial number of properties, and lucrative sponsorship deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. She also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Alizée Burger” chain) in Paris, a soccer team (the “Ajaccio Angels”), has launched her own vodka brand (Pure Wonderalizée - France) and is now trying to reach a younger target group with its well-selling perfume line ("From Alizée with love") and the fashion line "Seduction by Alizée".

The apartment offered enough room for 2 people and the view is really beautiful. I think owning your own property also requires a certain amount of maintenance, even when you are not at home.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:17 AM

Some suggestions.

If you go there for dance lessons, go before a holiday. Dance schools often have a party before a holiday, and thus a higher chance to meet and talk to the owners.

If you take private lessons, say you are taking lessons for an upcoming wedding and a cruise.

If you take a private lesson and are male, you would likely take the lesson with the female employee. Maybe higher odds to get Gregoire if you take a group lesson or two.

They might be away on a trip for a week, you might want to stay 3 weeks in Ajaccio to make sure you see them. However, it could be costly, hotels in Ajaccio start at $73 a night, hostel with breakfast $37.

Avoid making a faux pas by talking about dancing, and have a list of good questions to ask about dancing. Maybe ask about thing like what are the best places to visit in Paris, general things. Small talk.

Something am not sure about. Should you call in advance to see if they will be there the week you would visit? Even this cannot guarantee they will be there because there might be a sickness, etc.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:31 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you go there for dance lessons, go before a holiday. Dance schools often have a party before a holiday, and thus a higher chance to meet and talk to the owners.

If you take private lessons, say you are taking lessons for an upcoming wedding and a cruise.

If you take a private lesson and are male, you would likely take the lesson with the female employee. Maybe higher odds to get Gregoire if you take a group lesson or two.
Does Greg speak English? How about the other teachers?

Edit:

Quote:

Private Lesson - 36 €
Trial Lesson - 10 €

Wait a sec...

http://www.danselyonnet.fr/index.php

I think the above urls are Greg's father's studio in mainland France ????

This seems to be A&G's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/studiodedanselyonnet/

I thought A&G had a website? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 01-06-2020 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts