Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

The true HD videos that have been shot originally are very nice. Nothing tops those. As for the upconverted ones the quality depends on who actually did the upconverting and the quality of the source files. There some that are out there whose quality which I think is as good as if not better than the source files, there are some out there whose quality who I would consider not better than the source files. I actually have some of Alizee originally videos but I just don't have the time go search and download all those videos, with Youtube's new HD feature I could watch HD or upconverted HD videos instantly. That's why it would be nice to have this thread where people can come and post all of Alizee's HD videos. The future is HD after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post

All of this so called "YouPoop HD" actually has nothing to do with HD.
It's not even close to native PAL/NTSC quality.
That's not entirely true some of her newer video's Alizee (from 2008) are in fact in HD because they have been shot in native HD. Although, Youtube down sized the video to fit their screen I believe. If you are talking about some of the upconverted videos then you may have an argument. If look at videos of not just Alizee in true HD or the other HD videos on Youtube that are true HD and compare it to the regular PAL/NTSC video the quality is night and day. Because HD videos are in higher resolution. Perfect example, is the Les enfoires 2009 music video which Alizee is in that was shot originally in HD and comparing with the regular PAL/NTSC video. I will post it once I get some time to search for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
It's a real shame that Full HD (1920*1080) wasn't around in the MCE era...
[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Yet they release BluRay discs of the old movies. Guess how they do it?
An excellent question. The reason being is those movies even though they were older they were shot in 35 mm film or in some cases 70 mm film that's why one could easily convert it Bluray, although quality may not be as top notch as the newer films using newer and better films. I believe films resolution is greater than 1080P where as you will never get videos from the MCE era in true 1080P because they never shot using in film like they did in movies.

I think her record company dropped the ball on making HD videos of her. They could gotten HD cameras and gotten audio and video crews and shot her concert in Mexico. We could have had Alizee en Concert en Mexico in Bluray. I would have paid top dollar for the that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Awesome thanks for the videos but you might want to remove the I'm fed up - HD video, seems the uploaded thought it would be funny to put a screaming troll mid-way through the video.
Lol. The reason I posted it because the guy did an excellent job in upconverting, I think it also helps that she was behind a blue background which I think softens the image. Too bad the guy decided to be an idiot and put a troll in the mid-way eventhough it was for a couple of seconds. But the quality was great.

Last edited by Ali; 03-20-2009 at 07:24 PM..