Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-02-2006, 01:05 AM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Welcome and we'll be seeing you again soon. In the end, they always come back...
You are completely correct on that one..

I learned of Alizee around November of college freshman year 2 years ago. I had a friend who always surfed forums and one day he came to us with the Alizee - J'en ai Marre video by M16. The one with the fishy. At first I really liked her, then I googled her and started to become addicted to her music and videos for 5 months straight at least. Then I somehow managed to stop being so addicted, but still always liked her music. No idea what she's saying, but I still like it. A year later I found a DC++ Hub dedicated to Alizee and I went near obsessive, err, well yea, obsessive. But the hub doesn't work at college so after a few months I went back into remission, then... another year later... now...I find this site. The addiction is back stronger than ever this time, but.... it doesn't bother me too much because IT IS Alizee

There really should be an AA Alizee Anonymous
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobowolf14 View Post
You are completely correct on that one..

I learned of Alizee around November of college freshman year 2 years ago. I had a friend who always surfed forums and one day he came to us with the Alizee - J'en ai Marre video by M16. The one with the fishy. At first I really liked her, then I googled her and started to become addicted to her music and videos for 5 months straight at least. Then I somehow managed to stop being so addicted, but still always liked her music. No idea what she's saying, but I still like it. A year later I found a DC++ Hub dedicated to Alizee and I went near obsessive, err, well yea, obsessive. But the hub doesn't work at college so after a few months I went back into remission, then... another year later... now...I find this site. The addiction is back stronger than ever this time, but.... it doesn't bother me too much because IT IS Alizee

There really should be an AA Alizee Anonymous
Glad you found your way out of the darkness. And welcome to the site!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I feel blessed to be Alizée addicted! I plan to learn French next year, have gotten into France and all things French thanks to Alizée, which is a new thing for me that I really am excited about.
Alizée has opened my eyes to Euro music and good things that I would otherwise not know about. She is total class and nothing beats class to me.

I'm tired of the American music scene, the Entertainment Tonight hype and B.S. about the American singers who are just hyped-up-not-all-that- impressive in talent and junk food commcercials being shot from the T.V. at us. It's become too much crap and not enough substance, imo.

I've had a chance to become interested in things I would never have been interested in before and I love it. This forum and the people on it are fantastic, smart and funny.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

I completely agree. Mainstream American music, for the most part, went to hell a few years ago.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobowolf14 View Post
I completely agree. Mainstream American music, for the most part, went to hell a few years ago.
I'd say after the 80's maybe mid-90's.

But I can't argue, I still listen to the music on the radio and am always amazed how musicians can come up with new sounds that moves you (for the best) in one way or another.

And like C-4 said:
"I've had a chance to become interested in things I would never have been interested in before and I love it. This forum and the people on it are fantastic, smart and funny."

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 AM

Omikron is on a distinguished road

So it wasn’t my last note all right. No triumphant wisecracks please.

Seapaddler, I’m fully with you—all I meant was I’m back to normal. So here’s me stepping back to take some perspective.

Alizée found me defenseless in a very vulnerable period of my life and I fell victim right away. Closest to my musical taste is Trent Reznor—now imagine the swerve and utter puzzlement she brought on albeit it was clearly the combination of her voice and looks that got me hooked. I’m positive no one else could have touched me with music of this sort, but she blew me away hopelessly. And so my obsession began and kept raging wild till I finally sobered up. Funny I’m still attracted to her music—I guess my mind just can’t part my personal and musical preferences.

Looking back, I find it odd fans include others than 14-year old French schoolgirls and twentysomething male love pariahs. In fact, it makes me wonder in what state you guys were first exposed to her for I have a lurking suspicion it’s the ‘En Concert / La Isla Bonita’ Alizée most of us will always be in love with.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:32 AM

spysmasher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
So it wasn’t my last note all right. No triumphant wisecracks please.
No triumphant wisecracks, just: Welcome back. Glad you're still with us.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
I went through all stages including cruising 250 miles a day listening to her songs and man, did I feel brokenhearted.
Pick a number and get in line.. the line for the number of hearts that Alizee broke/breaks starts at 4,569,321,345 and growing daily. That's 4.5 Billion and you're last in line, right behind me.

Last edited by guldebrett; 12-11-2006 at 11:12 AM..