Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-21-2006, 03:09 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée fans country by country

This is quite an interesting and passionate topic and I would love to have an opinion from various countries all over the world as to the number of fans they believe are in their country and why they think so.

There seems to be some confusion... no wait... there IS confusion over the definition of a fan. What is a fan? It has a different meaning depending on who you ask.

1. Can someone be a fan and not buy her music?
2. Can someone be a fan and not register at a fan forum?
3. Can someone be a fan and not give an opinion and be silent about it? Content in their mind they like something and that's good enough. A "closet fan" so to speak, lol
4. Can someone be a fan and just sit on the fence not doing anything at all?

After careful consideration and great thought, in my opinion there are roughly one million Alizée fans here in the USA.

USA- 1,000,000 fans

Here is why?

1. Brad has received about 86,000 unique visits on this website. How many are american visits? I'm guessing most are. That means all are at least interested.
2. YouTube, Google, DailyMotion, MetaCafe and other media video sites all have Alizée libraries of her videos now.
3. World of Warcraft- there are approximately 1.5 million North American subscribers( I realize this includes Canada) out of the 7 million total subscribers-

http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/profile.shtml

Out of the 1.5 million North American subscribers, no doubt most know that the Night Elf dance is modeled after the french singer Alizée

4. A multitude of websites that I believe are of american origin sell Alizée products and have links and avatars and signatures and images of Alizée floating around their websites. Example: Amazon.com, Ebay, various fan websites including this one, Superior Pics, Dainews, Digg etc...
5. There are approximately 300 million people currently living in the united states. The fact that this is a relatively large country gives credit to my one million Alizée fan total.

Of course the bottom line is album sales and that's the only thing that really matters in the business world from which the career of Alizée is dependent upon.

This is just my humble opinion and as always... I could be wrong, lol

Represent your country and give a rough estimate as to the number of Alizée fans you think are in your country and why.

Last edited by Matrix; 12-21-2006 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-21-2006, 03:22 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Represent your country and give a rough estimate as to the number of Alizée fans you think are in your country and why.
I'll pass that question. I'm sure RMJ is way more able than me to reply about France!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Your definition of "fan" is totally wrong if you actually think there is 1 million fans in the USA.

There is not that many Alizée fans even in France nor in whole Europe.

There is at most few thousands fans in the USA.

There MIGHT be 1 million who has heard her name but 80% of them don't know who the hell she is. And rest 20% can be devided to manu subcategories. So, out of those 200.000, Maybe 100.000 knows that she's French singer, 50.000 has actually heard her music, 25.000 likes her music, and couple thousands might consider themself as a fan of her.

Last edited by RMJ; 12-21-2006 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-21-2006, 03:31 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Your definition of "fan" is totally wrong if you actually think there is 1 million fans in the USA.

There is not that many Alizée fans even in France nor in whole Europe.

There is at most few thousands fans in the USA.

There MIGHT be 1 million who has heard her name but 80% of them don't know who the hell she is. And rest 20% can be devided to manu subcategories. So, out of those 200.000, Maybe 100.000 knows that she's French singer, 50.000 has actually heard her music, 25.000 likes her music, and couple thousands might consider themself as a fan of her.
We started that discussion here already:
http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/show...1896#post21896
Old 12-21-2006, 03:33 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1. Brad has received about 86,000 hits on this website. How many are american hits? I'm guessing most are. That means all are at least interested.
That 86,000 isn't hits .. but unique visits (we get way more hits), and those are only from the USA, not everywhere. And to narrow it down even more that only includes people that came to the website more than 10 times.

but yeah .. i don't think you could count even a fraction of these people as 'fans' ..

Last edited by brad; 12-21-2006 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-21-2006, 03:34 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post

yah, i was thinkin the same thing

it doesnt matter how many hits this site gets in a week, or how many people on WOW know about her through the night elf dance. A true fan would buy her music, DVD, or at least register on a fan site like this one. Just knowing about her isnt nearly enough to be a fan. You have to follow her work and watch non-stop Alizee videos to the point of obssession to become a true fan.

i think we have a few thousands Alizee fans here in the US. just my guestimation
Old 12-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
We started that discussion here already:
http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/show...1896#post21896
Which pretty much proves the point.

And notice that I said "couple thousand who might consider themselves as a fan" but even that it outside the the definition of "fan". There might be only couple hundred actual fans of her.

"Fan" is short for "fanatic". It is state of mind. It describes person who has a passion on something.

But even if we use less strict definition for fans, the amount of "fans" in the States are counted in thousands. Not even in tens of thousands. Out of those 86 thousand who Brad mentions, maybe 5 to 10 % MIGHT be fans. And even it consists duplicates (even tho they may seem to be unique visitors).

Last edited by RMJ; 12-21-2006 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-21-2006, 03:38 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
That 86,000 isn't hits .. but unique visits (we get way more hits), and those are only from the USA, not everywhere. And to narrow it down even more that only includes people that came to the website more than 10 times.

but yeah .. i don't think you could count even a fraction of these people as 'fans' ..
Oki updated, I edited in unique visits. Again we are debating about the definition of a "fan"

It's a sticking point causing confusion. Nobody is wrong in their definition of a fan, it's a personal opinion where everyone is correct. I still would like to know the opinions of everyone concerning how many fans they think are in their respective country.

Last edited by Matrix; 12-21-2006 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

USA- 1,000,000 fans

5. There are approximately 300 million people currently living in the united states.
Does is sound more realistic worded as: "Does one out of every 300 people know about Alizée?"

...and imho, being a fan has nothing to do with the money spent, if you truely enjoy listening to that person, and consider yourself to be a fan, you are a fan; wallet size nor anybody else should have any say in deciding for you.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:54 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
Does is sound more realistic worded as: "Does one out of every 300 people know about Alizée?"

...and imho, being a fan has nothing to do with the money spent, if you truely enjoy listening to that person, and consider yourself to be a fan, you are a fan; wallet size nor anybody else should have any say in deciding for you.
QFT. And no, I don't think 1/300 people know about Alizée, yet alone consider themselves fans. 300 people may sound like quite a large number, and you'd think at least 1 would have heard of Alizée... But you'd be surprised. There are a lot of people out there who know (of) a lot of things but there are also a lot of people out there who don't know (of) a lot of things...

Very, very tough question. For Australia, I'd like to think in the thousands and even tens of thousands, but I'm afraid I'll have to stick with an answer of mere hundreds (I could be completely wrong... and I hope I am). The part that burns me most is to think that hardly ANY people I've come across in the past month know who Alizée is. VERY few have heard of her , and those who have ("Hey she's that french chick right?"), have no idea why they know her. Such a minute number have heard of her, an even smaller number know who she is, and for such a very small number already, an even smaller number would consider themselves a fan. It saddens me to say these things, and I hope that someone can come along prove me wrong, but something I am certain of is that Alizée's fan-base down under is almost non-existent.