Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Alizée needs new packaging.

After watching Alizée's version of Hung Up which I enjoyed very much, I noticed something different in how I was watching her videos. I spent a lot of the time admiring the dancers who were in the video with her. I must have watched one of her other earlier videos "Alizée en concert" at least a 100 times. If you were to put all the dancers that were in her concert video in a police line up, I don't think I could pick one out, but I could describe the ones in her new video in high definition. So I think there is a problem with the way she is being packaged. Someone who is as ancient as Madonna, needs to surround herself with beautiful dancers, but Alizée is still a very young and beautiful woman. She doesn't need anyone else on the stage with her if the packaging is right.
I don't like the way she has been wearing her hair since the start of her comeback. First of all, it looks like she has colored it in some way. Then when I was at her autograph session in Paris back in december, It looked like she had put the hair on the side of her head on an ironing board, sprayed it with starch, pressed it, then sprayed on a couple of coats of laquer. It still looked beautiful as you can see in some of the pictures I had posted back then but it took away from her natural beauty . Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome. One of her recent hairdos looked like something she stole from Jane Hathaway.
The next thing is the way she's been dressing for her new appearences. It looks like Uncle Festus is her wardrobe manager! She doesn't need to wear revealing outfits like she did for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam or J'ia pas vingt ans or J'en ai marre. The outfits she wore when she sang A contre Courant or Ella Ella or Gourmandises or any of her concert outfits looked so great.
One other thing about the tatoo on her back. What was she thinking?
Maybe she doesn't care if the audience watches her or her dancers. Maybe she really loves her new look and doesn't care if changing it might attract more fans. If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters, but I think after being on such a high plateau that she was on before, she liked to see a lot more success that she's enjoying now and if that's the case, she needs to lose Uncle Festus.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-27-2008 at 11:01 AM..
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters,
Besides, a bit of variety in style is probably good for an entertainer in the long term. I don't know if this is planned or just a way to establish freshness in the act...if not now.....then in contrast with what is to come.

And I will re-emphasize the need to "have fun". She seems to glow when having fun.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome.
agree.
anyway i think she looks great too with curly hair. second best after en concert hairdo.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Alot of these negative complaints come from not accepting that she is her own person and trying to distance herself from the lolita image that was cultivated for her. She wants to be known as "Alizée", not "Lolita by Mylene and Laurent".
Old 04-27-2008, 01:02 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Being sucessful has a price...looks like she is not willing to pay it in full.
And I disagree about Madonna...she can make a show on her own and still be entertaining.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Alot of these negative complaints come from not accepting that she is her own person and trying to distance herself from the lolita image that was cultivated for her. She wants to be known as "Alizée", not "Lolita by Mylene and Laurent".
I understand her wanting to distance herself from Mylene Farmer but in changing her looks so much, I feel she is biting off her nose to spite her face.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don’t know, I think she always looks beautiful. I am more focused on her music and her voice. I agree with Ogre, when she is having fun her performances shine. She's a 23 year old woman and I think her image should reflect that. If her career depends on how she wears her hair, then it's not built on a very solid foundation. If you nail the fundamentals such as good music, great singing and solid performances, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:46 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

At the end of the day, its the choice of Alizee how she has her hair, and how she is dressed. Should we really be commenting on the girl having an independent dress sense/hair style!?
I think in her performances of "Love Is All" & "Adelaide" she looks superb, and looks like she's having a great time. Surely thats all that counts? I can't see what else we can expect from her. We all love her for her music, looks and lifestyle. And if the musics good, the looks are sensational, and she's happy with her life, we should all be happy for her!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I understand her wanting to distance herself from Mylene Farmer but in changing her looks so much, I feel she is biting off her nose to spite her face.
No woman wants the same hairstyle forever. They like to try new things, experiment. It makes HER happy, the way she is dressing is the way she wants to dress, she likes it. It seems like so many people are more unhappy with her than they are happy. If you guys don't like the way she looks or performs anymore. STOP WATCHING. For god sake's find someone else. No matter how down to earth she is, she is still a celebrity, and they change their images and reinvent themselves all the time.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:26 PM

Christine Aguilera looked absolutely beautiful in Genie in a bottle then she reinvented herself right into oblivion. If
Alizée wants to change her looks and doesn't care wether the public likes it or not, then that's fine. I just think she enjoyed the level of popularity she had years ago and think she might like to get back to near that same level and if she does then she has a lot of work to do.