Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-30-2006, 07:33 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking

Early June 2006...Saw JEAM first, then La Isla Bonita.

In JEAM, the first 3 kicks she does with her legs and then followed by her hand movement had me sold for life; and the video wasn't more than 10 seconds into the song.

For La Isla Bonita, the first close-up of her eyes set me on fire. I wanted to know everything about this girl, or see her in real life even if it meant from a far away distance (with my own eyes, no camera or video pics).

If it wasn't for another Alizee fan posting her pic on www.Sherdog.com (mixed-martial arts site), I never may have stumbled across Alizee's stunning music (at least her voice made me relax).
Old 11-30-2006, 12:03 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

my very first experience?! La isla Bonita. back in somewhere around the middle july my brotha showed me a video on this...uh..."site for drunk people" of Alizee doing the cover of Madonna. he was like "oh my god dude isnt she hot!!" and im being nonchalant not giving a damn about his "cupid struck me in the ass" feeling for her. dont get me wrong i thot she was gorgeous. a few days i drew her portrait several times. then he showed me the site. not as big a fan as he is, but i still consider myself sometimes obsessing over her. i listen to her music while im doing the dishes...especially youpidu. i want to keess her. mmm. and that body...ooo... ANYWAY she has a great voice!!! so different from the pop stars here. which is why i liked her from the get-go. now i LUUUUUUV her...

welcome seapaddler. you might find me a little annoying, if not extremely annoying.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM

zpa is on a distinguished road

It seems that lot of us saw La Isla Bonita first, and so did I. I remember someone posting links to her pictures and stuff on irc, but I never paid attention that much. I did know that she's "some French singer" but that was it really. Then when I, lets say, was enlightened, I noticed that ML and L'Alizé were familiar somehow. Especially the bubbles in l'alizé MV I think they'd been stored in my subconsciousness since 2000 Cos I surely didn't listen to French pop music back then, or any pop for that matter.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:44 PM

zemasterzzz is on a distinguished road

1 day in september I was still playing wow but for some reason I wasn't playing at that moment. Anyway I remember some1 told me that all the dances were based off some real life inspiration. So I followed this link that said inspiration for the night elf dance and BAM. There was a youtube video of JEAM. I thought she was so pretty and had such a nice voice. I had to find out more about her, that's how I got here.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:18 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemasterzzz View Post
1 day in september I was still playing wow but for some reason I wasn't playing at that moment. Anyway I remember some1 told me that all the dances were based off some real life inspiration. So I followed this link that said inspiration for the night elf dance and BAM. There was a youtube video of JEAM. I thought she was so pretty and had such a nice voice. I had to find out more about her, that's how I got here.
Ditto... (and all that 10 word thingy)

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 AM

MaiFromSanFrancisco is on a distinguished road

looking up what the word lolita meant. and stumbled upon her 9/15
Old 12-01-2006, 01:14 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

i believe before summer 2006 my cousin showed me her JEM video..i thought she was fine but i didnt care much enough to watch her videos myself. around midjuly i wanted to see her videos because i was getting curious about the real female NE dance. so that night i found her jen ai marre performance on google video. i also saw her JPVA video that night. well i didnt care too much AGAIN.... but the next day i started watching all the videos i could find of her. next thing i know im hooked on alizee.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:14 AM

spysmasher is on a distinguished road

Not much to tell, really. For several years now I have been eager to sample music from other cultures and in other languages, and somewhere along the line (I don’t remember where) I had read about some popular French pop star named Alizée. While I was mildly curious about her, I did not go looking for info about her or samples of her music. It was sometime later that I stumbled across her JEAM video on Metacafe and realized, “That’s her! Wow! Look what I’ve been missing out on all this time!” After searching out all the videos I could find of her on Metacafe, I ventured further afield and eventually found my way here.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 PM
nate714

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=62#post62

Old 12-02-2006, 12:57 AM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

Wow, the first time I learned of Alizee. November of Freshman year of college 2 years ago. I had a friend who always surfed forums and one day he came to us with the Alizee - J'en ai Marre video by M16. The one with the fishy. At first I really liked her, then I googled her and started to become addicted... for like 5 months straight at least.