nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Merry christmas to you as well!
yeah..lol

i think RMJ needs to take some prozak or something..or better yet get laid
Old 12-08-2006, 04:39 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

And some are wondering why Alizée is having some pain to get a new record label now....
Old 12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
And some are wondering why Alizée is having some pain to get a new record label now....
There's no proof that she is having a hard time finding a label, just about everything is just rumors right now...

Noone other than atra201 was suggesting pirating her music anyway..
Old 12-08-2006, 04:48 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
There's no proof that she is having a hard time finding a label, just about everything is just rumors right now...

Noone other than atra201 was suggesting pirating her music anyway..
Don't be so sure. I can't see another reason why the 3rd album isn't there yet...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:55 PM
You actually read these?

There are a thousand reasons!

she may have taken longer than anticipated to record the album (theres a thousand reasons why she may have taken longer aswell)

the record company wanted to wait until the new year (better chance at getting awards)

stupid issues like them not being able to decide on a single

contract issues (kinda the same thing as not being able to get a label though..)

the record company does not like the album, and wants Alizée to redo it. normally they would just dismiss an album if they don't like it, but I doubt they are stupid enough to not give Alizée a second chance..

And of course: she is having troubles finding a record label..
Old 12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

I for one will buy her next CD even if I do download her MP3s. I only wish that there were some kind of personal bank account for her so I could send her money directly. I would send her at least $100 for her 2 CDs and videos that I've already downloaded but probably much more because I would like to support her career as much as possible. I already am purchasing her concert DVD from Amazon.fr, although I've already found it in posted .AVI format.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:24 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

RMJ puts it succinctly, CD sales are stats and the all important indicators to a record company regarding how they proceed with the artist in the near future or distant future, it's common sense business. Whether you think she gets 1% or 50% in profit isn't the support I'm referring to. Sales numbers imply a fan base and without the numbers, the corporate suits assume there isn't a fan base to backup their investment.

All I wanted to say is the community as a whole is in a Download and Share mentality at the moment, I wanted to point out we need to make sure we snap out of it when she comes back and get into a buying mode and extend that mindset to the people we introduce her to.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Interestingly, if you combine Dotty Old Man's and Seapaddler/RMJ's views you get my take on the whole downloading debate. DOM's right -- you absolutely cannot stop it, and all the people in the recording industry who are trying to are barking up the wrong tree. What needs to be done is embrace it, because this is how people discover new music.

However, then we run into a problem if too many people share Hiby's attitude. Yeah, the higher quality and physical product are nice, but lots of people aren't so picky, and sooner or later digital downloads are gonna be able to match anything you can buy in a store. So what needs to be done is a mass re-education as to how people think about this.

It's the same issue as with voting. These days everyone tends to feel lost in the crowd. We've got to break that and make everyone feel like they're important again. Because it doesn't matter if an artist makes a single cent off a sale or not, each and every one counts. Think of your purchase as your vote of support.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Of course one can't stop it all together ! But that's not even the point !

The point is the we, THE FANS, should not hurt her ! I know that million people will download them no matter what but I don't want to see them here promoting such bullshit !

If you don't care her and just want to steal her music then find some other board to do that. Place where no-one cares about anyone or anything. Should not be hard to find.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:02 PM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
IHowever, then we run into a problem if too many people share Hiby's attitude. Yeah, the higher quality and physical product are nice, but lots of people aren't so picky, and sooner or later digital downloads are gonna be able to match anything you can buy in a store.
You miss my point..

Even if the artist did get 100% of the CD's cover price, I still think it is stupid to buy a CD just to support the artist. I was mearly pointing out how little buying the disc helps. Again: I'm not saying don't buy the CD, I'm saying don't buy the CD to support the artist.

Let me say that in another way just incase the point wasn't clear: Buy the CDs. Buy them because the songs are good and you like them. Don't buy them to support the artist. Don't steal music. Obviously don't buy CDs with music you don't like..

Would you every buy windows just to support microsoft? Hell Fucking No. They do not need more money, and infact, the EU had the right mind when they fined MS for no real reason at all.. Most artists really don't need any more money, and the ones that do, will tell you that you should buy their CD because you like their music (assuming you do like their music), not because they want the money from you.

I would atleast have a lot more respect for the record industry if they would make their music readily downloadable, at a decent bitrate (192kbps mp3's or more), for a reasonable price.. They wont adapt to the changing market, they sue average people for thousands of dollars per song downloaded, and get away with it. It will be a cold day in hell when I buy a cd for any other reason that because I want to listen to it.

Sure, the artists deserve their money, the record companies do deserve their money, but why oh why do they really need that much of it? No, thats not a rhetorical question, give me one good reason why they need that much money. If they even spent the money on air that would atleast be better than the money sitting in their bank, going nowhere, being taken from people who will put the money to good use.

Of course, I must add a cliché: 99% of the world's money is owned by 1% of the population.

I know I'll be flamed from atleast a few people for this, but oh well...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
The point is the we, THE FANS, should not hurt her !
What is this hurting her you have been speaking of lately? Not giving her money causes her pain? Where the hell did that come from?

Any artist will tell you that they are happy people are enjoying their work, else they are a shitty artist.

Last edited by HibyPrime; 12-08-2006 at 08:06 PM..