Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I haven't read all of this thread, but I think everyone knows that we are not going to allow ANY illegal file sharing on this website. That should be obvious. I don't think any members of this forum would even want to share her music like that anyway?

If you are arguing over sharing her music on this website, then you don't have to because we aren't going to do that. The more albums she sells, the more albums she will make .. this isn't very complicated. I know I have actually bought a lot of her stuff multiple times just to show my support. I have 3 copies of the DVD that end up costing around 60$ after the exchange rate and shipping.

If it is within your means, definitely buy her stuff .. why wouldn't you? And if you can't buy it or for some reason want to pirate her music, then do it quietly and don't make a big deal about it .. if you do you are just asking for a fight ... lol

On a side note, that link at the top of the page that says "Buy Alizee CDs" .. that is a link to an Amazon Associate account that I have. This website has sold over $7,000 worth of Alizee stuff in just 6 months

That is pretty amazing, that shows that TONS of people are buying her stuff that probably otherwise wouldn't have. Amazon kind of sucks though, because of that 7 grand .. I have only made around 60$ for it. Most everyone trusts Amazon though, so I have decided to keep using it for that reason alone.

EDIT: also when we got "dugg" .. we sold $3,500 of Alizee stuff through Amazon in less than a week

Last edited by brad; 12-09-2006 at 01:59 PM..
Old 12-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Thanks brad! It's good to see the Voice of Reason has returned. Perhaps we may all return to the unabated worship of Alizee without having to argue the old "intellectual property rights vs. the internet" debate... again.

Alizee:
"Parler tout bas...Parler de moi."

Last edited by CFHollister; 12-09-2006 at 02:28 PM..
Old 12-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
RMJ,

Have you ever wondered why all major record labels these days are putting their music videos on sites like Myspace and youtube? It's because it promotes the artist and increases the number of people who are interested in buying the artist's music and going to concerts.
Music videos and TV performances are whole another thing. They are made for promoting. They are made to promote her albums.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:56 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

you can hush now....and thats what he said. videos promote. that helps...
Old 12-09-2006, 09:42 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

The intellectual property debate is not unlike the days in the 1920's and 30's when music was first being broadcasted for free on the radio. Most record labels fought against allowing free music to be broadcasted without compensation. A few record labels looked at it as free advertising for their artists. In the end radio stations eventually would have to pay to broadcast. But all came on board realizing it was great advertising.

I don't recall there ever being an uproar regarding reel to reel or cassette tapes recording songs off of the radio and replaying them for free. Because that was done in droves for decades before digital media.

Music on the internet is history repeating itself. Getting something for free without rewarding the people who brought it to you or advertsing to the masses? Well it's obviously both. But in years past you made a sacrifice for lower quality now the quality is almost at par.

If you find yourself in a situation where you could say something to someone about bootlegging someone's music just for the sake of getting it for free and say nothing, that's as cowardly and dishonorable an act as the person not willing to reward the artist and putting food on their table. "I don't have the right to tell people what is right and wrong" I can't even begin to convey how distasteful that attitude is. It's so warped on so many levels. How do you think society and civilization gets formed if it were not for people taking a stand on an issue. Would we still have slaves? Come on give your head a shake.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapaddler View Post
All I wanted to say is the community as a whole is in a Download and Share mentality at the moment, I wanted to point out we need to make sure we snap out of it when she comes back and get into a buying mode and extend that mindset to the people we introduce her to.
It's the anxiety of waiting for her new CD that is causing this. We have all fallen in love with Lili, and have waited so long for more. I feel that if Lili can finally overcome all the bs that's holding her down and turn another album, we really need to support her by buying. Seapaddler and RMJ are calling to us, her strong and devoted fans, to take the high ground and not upload and share her music. I know how bad that would make me feel if Lili never gets the opportunity to do another album because of the massive filesharing.

This is our chance to actually support Lili in actions and not just with words that are adding to our post counts. It's a fact that probably 90% of us came to know Lili through the internet, and because of that we are already slighly more inclined to dl her music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Again: I'm not saying don't buy the CD, I'm saying don't buy the CD to support the artist.
And I'm saying, "Why not?" Why wouldn't you want to support Lili? She's proven to me already that I like her as an artist. There are just some artists that I buy their CD's regardless because I'm a FAN!

Normally, I could really give a shit about downloading music, because it doesn't even effect an artist like Eminem or 50 Cent. But when you have an artist that's teetering on the fence because the record companies don't know if they have the fanbase, shame on us if we aren't doing anything we, her "real" fans, can to push her on the right side of the fence.

When her new album comes out, it's guaranteed that there will be tv spots and promo vids which where meant to be "shown to the world." So right there we don't need to dl just to "check it out" All RMJ, Seapaddler, and I (as well as others) are asking is that we don't take any steps that would hurt her future career.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:34 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

Well said, and I suppose it's true that downloading Alizée's music isn't the same as downloading a Beatles song. Downloading A Hard Days Night isn't going to hurt Paul McCartney, the man is a multi millionaire. But if the Beatles were to start today it would certainly have an ill affect.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Right, those artists have a great foundation and have more money than the Queen. Lili, on the other hand, I believe that she feels she has enough money--it's not about the money. But with all of her "breaks" she took, she needs some help now as far as what the record companies want to see for a fan-base. The only way we can prove it those companies (and continue to support our Lili habbit) is by cd sales.