Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2010, 12:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Alizée is an incredibly beautiful singer with a beautiful voice, but she needs beuatiful material to reach her full potential, and the most of that potential can be reached with MF and LB
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Fine! Show me what she has. These lame ass renditions of Generation 90. Her live version of Moi Lolita sounds like crap, but she continues to sing it. Because her lame ass fans continue to show up for these performances. No new fans show up for it. She is an embarresmanent for what she used to be. She should do her self a favor and retire now.
Retire performing, or quit all together? Because I'm a fan of her work without MF.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée is an incredibly beautiful singer with a beautiful voice, but she needs beuatiful material to reach her full potential, and the most of that potential can be reached with MF and LB
Nonsense. There are many good composers and lyricists in the world and many in France. There is no reason to see her as confined to that one pair, particularly since Mylène, for all her talent, has a niche in which she operates that doesn't really suit Alizée. Her music is highly sexual with a dark undercurrent of doom and death and despair. It's very Generation-X. Nothing wrong with that if you happen to be Gen-X, which Mylène is, and Alizée is not. And that I think is the real reason for the split.

Anyway, Scruffy, you're beating a dead horse here. You can't seem to see any positive outcome except for Alizée to go back to her old team, and that simply isn't going to happen. Really, there's no point in asking for it.

Edit:

Quote:
Leaving MF and LB was a mistake of monstrumental proportions and I dare you to show me otherwise.
No one can show you, Scruffy. You're not an artist. You just don't get it, and you never will. The value of artistic integrity can't be "shown." It can't be measured or reduced to a formula. Either you understand or you don't. You don't. That's all there is to it.

In fact, I'll bet you don't have a clue right now how insulting you're being towards Alizée. But you are. And that's why it bugs me so much when you go off on these rants. I don't like people insulting our girl. Criticism is valuable, but only if it's constructive. You're not being constructive at all. The only suggestions you're making are useless, and you're basically saying she was never anything but a Mylène manikin. I disagree and I don't like that at all.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 09-14-2010 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do not agree with you Scruffy. I have no doubt about the role MF-LB played in Alizee's initial success. However, with Alizee growing up she was not the Lolita Mylene introduced to the World. ML sold more than 1 million copies. But what about MCE. It was only moderately successful -- roughly 10% of GMD. No one can say what would have happened to their 3rd album.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I'm new to the forum. I thought I was a somewhat informed fan.... but you guys take it to a new level. Great stuff.

As to this thread... MF is obviously a great talent. I love what she and Alizee did together. She saw the raw talent in that beautiful little 15 year old on the talent show and they made Lolita. I still like watching those old lip-synched performances sometimes. Alizee was a great dancer, and did some eye-popping stuff those first few years.

However, I'm glad she moved on. I really enjoy her new stuff. Yeah, I wish it was more commercially successful, but oftentimes being true to yourself means a lot more than money. I've had jobs that made me a shit-ton of cash, but made me want to drink myself to death at the end of every day. It's just not worth it.

Anyway, good for MF. I hope Alizee is sucessful enough to do what she loves, if not, that would make me sad, because I enjoy her music. However, we have what she has already put out, and I appreciate the fact she did her own thing.

I also appreciate Scruffydog's passion. He's upset because he wants better for Alizee, and that's totally valid... but I don't think the appearances she's making now are all that terrible... but I admit more commercial success would be nice!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:01 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site severianb!

Hindsight is 20/20. I think Alizee made the decision to split with MF and LB knowing her Lolita image wouldn't last forever. She probably knew that her fans wouldn't continue buying into her Lolita image given her age and the fact that she had already given a child. Annily might be the other reason for the split. Maybe, she wanted Annily to be proud of her work when she grows up.

I admire her for choosing to raise a family over her career, which we rarely see here in the US. I just wish she becomes successful again because she so deserves it. I wish her all the happiness in the world. I will continue to support whatever she chooses to do.

Last edited by Jake04; 09-14-2010 at 04:04 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 04:42 AM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

I don't care for the new direction in her music, but I still love her. I wish she would get a band to back her up and do more music with a rock influence like the En Concert sound. That was the best and she had a good time doing it and the crowd loved it.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée is an incredibly beautiful singer with a beautiful voice, but she needs beautiful material to reach her full potential, and the most of that potential can be reached with MF and LB
Dead on Scruffy,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she needs to get her friends out of her career.

You watch En Concert you see where Scruffy and I are coming from.
She was happy and having a blast when she is on stage. Watch her later performances after the release of Psychedelices. Alizée was beaming and enjoying herself.

She is a woman, she wants the professional admiration and attention. Alizée would kill for a 10,000 seat Concert sell out in Paris.

Leaving Mylene and Laurent may or may not have been a mistake. The problem she is having, is the marginal to just bad song writing. As long as Alizée continues trying to help Jeremy and their friends in the music business, she can get use to being a marginal has been talent.

There are some very good song writers out there. These people would love to have someone as talented as Alizée performing their songs. The hard part is finding those quality songs. As long as she is surrounded with hanger ons and marginal want to be real song writers, she can watch what is left of her career crater.

Cutting edge music may be what most individuals in the business may trend toward but it doesn't pay the bills or improve your image.

Look at the television ratings when she is on a show in France, she is a major ratings getter. The French public is still infatuated with her.

They're not buying tickets to her concerts or her Cd's because the music she is performing is far below par from what she is capable of.

Last edited by ALS; 09-14-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Orion is on a distinguished road

I just remembered of how many times we have discussed Alizée's career, in terms of her not being with Mylène and LB anymore, . . . it's not new discussion to this forum (www.alizee-forum.com), certainly.

. .. it was first about the pregnancy, and Mylene being mad at her to Alizée wanting to release herself of the ML stigma. Between those 2 topics there have been a number of others, including speculation about what it means for Lili's career to split with Mylène etc. . . It's been a hot subject here (alizee-forum) since end of 2003 and beyond :shock:

To ask what if Lili had remained with MF would force one to question why her career and album started going downhill while she was still WITH Mylène . . and what could we foresee as changing if they never broke up, and her 3rd album were produced and engineered by MF and LB again. . . . . . .

We can't keep questioning and dwelling on long past issues that have become stale now. . .

. .. about Mylène's new star protege (mentioned a long time ago/can;t find thread) . . of course there will be interest . . as there was for Lili too , no matter how many youtube views there are. . . . and maybe sometime in the future after a successful career she too can split with Mylène and will probably do poor or better or fair no better than with her time with Mylène.

Take Les Collines, and I don;t care WHO produced her last album . . . Les Collines is a good track and as good as many of her other hits. Promoting image and pop culture plots to stay in the media and fan consciousness are lacking with Alizée right now, as they were then too, but there is a greater underlying problem when it comes to discussing "what if," in terms of her staying with Mylène: the problem is putting emphasis too much on Mylene while not taking into account Alizée herself! Too much emphasis as Mylène the great orator and puppet master, and her being the be all and end all of Lili's career.

Alizée was a concept for Mylène . . . a way to get fans crazy and to make money on an image built around a GREAT hit in French music, which became international!!! 1 in a million shot! AND that is too unfair to then have that hang on Alizée's career in terms of Mylène farmer's involvement. We can't appeal to Mylène when her career goes bad . . . as it did so start to from just after she was finishing her concert tour. . . . .and even before with the singles when compared to previous.