Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Maybe the title 'Moi Lolita' was kind of blatant too, but I think in a different way.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

X-Factor.

In the pre-MCE era of Alizee, her performance of L'Alize at The Dome 21 has to be in my top few favorites. We have all seen it, but maybe a new member or two might not have. She has everything here. She's adorable, stage presence, ear to ear smile, happy, cute facial expressions, connecting with the fans. She looks like she is having a blast. What's not to love? In a clip that Scruffy recently posted in another thread where Alizee is showing some attitude to Greg when he is asking her to do the rumba, she is telling him that she cannot invent another personality. This implies that who she is on stage is what she is off stage, and it looks like that is truly the case.

Just as a side note, this video is not the first of her early videos where she is wearing what looks to be a wedding band on her ring finger. In her most popular Moi Lolita video, same thing but looks to have a diamond on it, like an engagement ring. I know she wasn't married or engaged at the time, but I find it curious she is wearing these kind of rings on a finger reserved for something special, while leaving the others bare. I know she had some boyfriends, so maybe a promise ring? Nothing at all, just a ring?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-28-2018 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-28-2018, 11:18 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

The more I listen to SEXTO, the more I like it.

AIFC
Ghislain Rossi
Admin · 11 hrs
Today the new album of Mylène Farmer released: of course Alizée is linked to this great singer. And a big surprise: for the first time a Farmer album is present in top 10 ITunes in Mexico...is it an Alizée effect ?

I wonder why Mylene doesn't play the USA. Whatever her reason probably explains why Alizee never played the USA. On this video, Mylene looks huge, on a par that Alizee never came near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY9GJ9GVnUw

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I have spent a lot of time over the years trying to figure out what the x-factor is with Alizee that keeps me engaged and just doesn't let up. There was a time when my attachment to a woman who I will probably never meet was really concerning to me, but now I don't care - it is what it is. Not giving her up.

Edit:

I have also grappled with the reason for my attraction to Alizée. It strikes me as insane to be so drawn to a woman I could never have a relationship with. I can't even have a conversation with her because of the difference in languages. Never in my life have I been attracted to any entertainer the way I am to Alizée. Maybe it's because I met her once in Central Park and that has created a sense that she is approachable. I don't think that's it. I've met other famous people and they have not had an impact on me. It also disturbs me that I am much older than her, and I wonder, is this some perverted thing I should be worried about? Is this attraction to fill something missing in my life? To be honest, I live a pretty contented life. Although Alizée is a beautiful woman, the attraction--as has been mentioned by a lot of other people on this site--is not predominately sexual. So what is it? Honestly, I don't know. I've been a fan now for several years and have pretty much given up trying to figure it out or bothering to worry about it. As you say, "It is what it is." Nobody is getting hurt. Alizee doesn't know I exist, I live on the far side of the world from her, so I'm not bothering or threatening her. She lights up my life, so I'm a fan.

Last edited by Shepherd; 09-28-2018 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I have also grappled with the reason for my attraction to Alizée. It strikes me as insane to be so drawn to a woman I could never have a relationship with. I can't even have a conversation with her because of the difference in languages. Never in my life have I been attracted to any entertainer the way I am to Alizée. Maybe it's because I met her once in Central Park and that has created a sense that she is approachable. I don't think that's it. I've met other famous people and they have not had an impact on me. It also disturbs me that I am much older than her, and I wonder, is this some perverted thing I should be worried about? Is this attraction to fill something missing in my life? To be honest, I live a pretty contented life. Although Alizée is a beautiful woman, the attraction--as has been mentioned by a lot of other people on this site--is not predominately sexual. So what is it? Honestly, I don't know. I've been a fan now for several years and have pretty much given up trying to figure it out or bothering to worry about it. As you say, "It is what it is." Nobody is getting hurt. Alizee doesn't know I exist, I live on the far side of the world from her, so I'm not bothering or threatening her. She lights up my life, so I'm a fan.
I think your questions are valid. Insanity? No. I have lived a pretty normal life, never been in trouble with the law, content on what I have accomplished and own. Sound behavior and perceptions. By mere definition, that omits myself and no doubt you and most of those bit by the Lili bug. If somebody gets to the point of being a stalker, then that crosses the line, but the overwhelming majority of her fans seem to be very respectful of her.

Perverted? The fact that you worry about it shows that it is not an issue. Alizee is more than two decades younger than me. For some, the age gap is larger. I am aware how it might look if somebody knows my attraction to a singer much younger than myself who rose to fame as a teenager. They would come to all sorts of wrong conclusions. My sense of great beauty in a female hasn't changed my whole life, but has been refined. I appreciate inward beauty more than what I used to as a younger man. If both outward and inward beauty is packaged in a woman much younger than myself and I am attracted to her and respectful towards her, no harm done.

Something missing in life? This is the most interesting question you posed. When I saw my first Alizee video in 2006, purely by accident, I was still married with a family. My wife was very beautiful and we were married for a very long time. I had a very successful business going, big house, blah blah. Somebody from the outside would say I had it all and nothing was missing. After watching JEM that first time, I could have easily went on with my life and forgot about Alizee a minute later. But I couldn't because it was like she cast some kind of magic spell on me. I still remember what I was thinking while watching her. In the age of feminism that has went overboard in my opinion where girls were trying to become more masculine in their looks and behavior, here was this French girl who looked totally comfortable with her feminine traits. Maybe what was missing was as simple as how different she was along with her stunning looks. But, I think there is much more to it than that. I will probably never know.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-30-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Old 09-30-2018, 03:41 PM

I've spoken in here, maybe too many times before how I was living in Georgia and got divorced in the 90s. I met another woman and it looked like this relationship would go far, but then the company I worked for pulled out of the airport I was working in. I got a job with a contract company and working with a contract company in aviation gets you no where. You're pay goes up for a few years, then another contract company comes in and undercuts the company you are working for and your only choice is to start over with that new contract company, if they'll hire you. It's a well designed way of keeping people down.

So like I said, the company I was working for pulled out of that airport. Around that time, after applying for it, I was offered a job with a major airline about 800 miles away. Now me and my ex had been in finacial trouble for years. Here was a good paying job with a pension. Financially, I needed to take this job and I took it.

Well it led to the end of that relationship and after I moved, it led to 7 years of deep depression. The only thing that kept me going was I enjoy the work I do. Then I discovered Alizee. Now the girl freind I had after I got divorced, in addition to working at the airport, also did some gigs with some freinds in a band and she was a singer. So when ever we went some place, it was usually in my pick up and I'd have all these cds made up with my favorite songs and she'd always be singing them.

Well it wasn't until I started listening to Alizee's music, that I realized how much listening to my favorite songs from over the years was depressing me. Here I had something new, something very beautiful and it brought so much enjoyment into my life.

So I heard the woman I had been in a relationship had married and had a baby girl and I thought she was happy and it was a great time for me, but it didn't last long.

I found out she had come down with breast cancer and it was in a tough area to operate on. It was removed, but then it came back. It spread to one of her lymph nodes. So she was operated on again and she lost the use of one of her arms.

So we started communicating again via FB and she told me I was still the one. About this time, the cancer came back a third time. Now she shared a FB page with her husband, so he was seeing what she was saying to me and because of that, she had to break off our communicating.

So the depression I had for 7 years, is still just around the corner. I'm afraid to check up on her.

The main thing that keeps the depression at bay is Alizee and the reason why most of the music I listen to is French music is there are no bad memories for me with French music.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 AM
Administrator

I've read some of your history in pieces, but not quite all in one spot like your post here. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. All cancer sucks, but breast cancer is often very tenacious. I hope she keeps up the good fight.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I've read some of your history in pieces, but not quite all in one spot like your post here. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. All cancer sucks, but breast cancer is often very tenacious. I hope she keeps up the good fight.
Thank You!
Old 10-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Administrator

A few days ago, a woman made a comment on the SEXTO video. I think it is a very good one.

Sofía Dinatolo 3 days ago
She's gorgeous. I have to admit, I felt a little reject the first time I saw this. I understand the critics, everyone compares her to Alizee, so did I. It's hard to "replace" her, and make a new lolita. But now I can't stop listening to this song. Julia's voice is unique. Yeah she's not Alizee, but people must give her a chance. Can't wait to hear more.

For Alizee fans, one could come to the conclusion that the introduction of Julia was to pull the rug out from under Alizee. But the commenter is right, Julia is not Alizee, and they can coexist without threatening each other's fan base.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-03-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Here are a couple of short Instagram videos that were posted by Julia and ske_lton on the making of SEXTO. They are on my google drive and can be downloaded.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tq...Vt5fyrcMT2TQF8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sW...i4vphq5-YwkFJA
Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Ladies and gentlemen here we finally are: the Behind the Scenes video... .with some cute interactions between Alizée and Julia

Quote:
Interesting observation. Thank you!

I think Julia has a better than good chance at the UK/US market other than she speaks fluent English, but probably better in the UK. The US is very divided right now culturally between those who would welcome an "anything goes" mentality and those who see the country slipping too much in one direction and resist.

The female French singers present themselves as sexy but not trashy. There is the potential of a huge amount of people in the US who would love to see that.
Agreed, the stereotypical image of french singers/actresses in the US is indeed sensual/sexy I believe , but also most americans think of french girls as brunettes/black haired for some reason.. so seeing some blue eyed blonde french girl showing up in the US market would definitely add to the surprise/novelty factor , especially with america's obsession with blonde hair on teenage stars , she might be presented as the french taylor swift or britney spears

Quote:
It also disturbs me that I am much older than her, and I wonder, is this some perverted thing I should be worried about?
Don't worry , you could be 9 like you could be 99 it would be the same... I've been feeling that way towards Alizée since i'm 11..

Quote:
Although Alizée is a beautiful woman, the attraction--as has been mentioned by a lot of other people on this site--is not predominately sexual. So what is it? Honestly, I don't know.
I can 100% relate ...for some reason with Alizée I never felt the urge to act on some sexual thoughts of some sort... I just enjoyed her purity/cuteness/charm or whatever that is and It just kept awakening a protector instinct in me, like a brother would want to care for his younger sister or a dad cuddling with his daughter... it's really hard to explain..

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 10-10-2018 at 01:12 AM..