Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-20-2013, 03:44 AM

Alex Atlantis is on a distinguished road

personally i LOVE the "Forever Young" tattoo on her right wrist. If I manage to find a photo of it, I post later
Old 05-02-2013, 02:20 AM

stevejackson is on a distinguished road

what about a tatoo on her lower back huh! that would be intresting to see
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejackson View Post
You mean a 'tramp stamp'? Myself, I'm not into tattoos but I don't hold a grudge to people who do.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejackson View Post
I rather wouldn't want to see a tatoo there...

EDIT: I think that if Zée gets a tatoo there, we are not that far away from things like crystals around her intimate body parts, that is, that Zée will start following Jennifer Love Hewitt trends

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 05-02-2013 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Isn't it a bit discriminatory to people with lower back tattoos, the expression tramp stamp? I'm sure not all of them are tramps, and whoever came up with the expression probably did have a grudge against one or two people with tattoos, on the lower back at least
Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Because of the ages of some of the members, I'm not going to go into detail about the 'tramp stamp' issue but I will say about ten years ago it was called a lower back tattoo while today they are nicknamed tramp stamps.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I'm sure I've heard them referred to as "tramp stamps" more than ten years ago. And I've heard that "tramp stamp" used to refer to a "hickie" before tattoos were popular. Either way it's a derogatory term and it's stupid for more than one reason. A. because it's making an assumption about a person's private behavior based on an aspect of their appearance, and B. it's meant to shame women for engaging in sexual activity.

Boo.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I truly miss spending a lot of my time here with you all. I hope everyone is well and enjoying Alizée's newest CD. I try to get here as often as is possible under my present circumstances.

I have found that I cannot begin to judge anyone else for what they decide to do with their life, as I have not walked in their shoes, so to speak. therefore, while I have no ink, I will not pass judgement on anyone who decides that they want ink.

In Alizée's situation, I cannot imagine that she has had a perfect life so far. Yes, it has been magical in some ways, but she has also had it rough in her marriage, and possibly has sacrificed a lot to be famous and a singer. I know, as a musician, that I have had to give up certain aspects of my life, which I do not regret, but still, I could have had a better life if I had chosen another path to walk.

I also do not know the people she is friends with, how they think, and how they live in today's world. All of this has an impact on how Alizée thinks and acts as well.

We are, after all, a product of our environment.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

On the Beach, Men Are More Likely to Approach a Tattooed Woman

Quote:
One recent study, for instance, looked at how men treat women with tattoos. What they found was that men are more likely to approach a woman with a tattoo and more likely to expect a date or sex with that woman.
And you wonder why they are referred to as TRAMP STAMPS.

Full article: Smithsonian magazine/On-the-beach-men-are-more-likely-to-approach-a-tattooed-woman
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
On the Beach, Men Are More Likely to Approach a Tattooed Woman

And you wonder why they are referred to as TRAMP STAMPS.

Full article: Smithsonian magazine/On-the-beach-men-are-more-likely-to-approach-a-tattooed-woman
Notice that the focus of the article is how mindless apes makes assumptions about women, not anything about the true behaviour of people with tattoos.

All that article does is confirm that a stereotype exists. We already know what people think of lower back tattoos. The question is, what do we do about it? Do we continue to perpetuate this stereotype, or do we try to learn about an individual before we make wild assumptions about them?

And for those who want to get tattoos. Do we do what we like with our bodies, or should we bend to the prejudices of people who are too dumb think for themselves? Should we conform to narrow stereotypes to save those people the strain of realising that you don't know everything about a person just by looking at them?