Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Unfortunately, you and I (and Jung, but he was in the chatroom) appear to be the only ones who rate MM so highly...
maybe we need to recruit some friends for next time

Mon Maquis is quite a highely under rated song, lyrically it is probably her strongest song and it sounds sooo BA

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
and the panel kept remarking on how much they wished you'd been there to explain your choices.
Ah, if anyone wants to ask about them, go ahead (though maybe best to wait until the podcast is posted?). Certainly many were a hard choice, maybe even a bit arbitrary, and could change day to day. The only thing totally set in my mind is that Moi Lolita and Veni Vedi Vici are top, while Abracadabra's at the bottom. Though even that's really, really good.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Hey hey hey lol u forgot about me lol. Mon Maquis is the best we all know it and love it ahahha.
Another great podcast thanks to all who showed up.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
The only thing totally set in my mind is that Moi Lolita and Veni Vedi Vici are top, while Abracadabra's at the bottom. Though even that's really, really good.
I think it's Veni Vedi Vici that we were most curious about, since you ranked it so highly, and it appeared to be the one we were most evenly divided on. (Most of the ties you broke involved VVV, as I recall.)

Abracadabra appeared to be at the bottom of everybody's list (except maybe M'alizee's) and kind of became a running joke, as did Mon Maquis consistently tying it for last place (until the last couple of rounds, anyway).
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Ok I'm sorry I wasnt there very long. I have a very good excuse though, I was at graduation party and it got pretty wild. I am really tired right now so... I think I'll finish this thought tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Abracadabra's not bad. It's got charm, just up against heavy competition. Also if you're listening to an mp3, make sure it's high bitrate because the effects play havoc on compression!

Veni Vedi Vici, well there isn't much to say really, I just think it's awesome. Encompasses everything I picture of early-era Alizée. Maybe people forget it cause it wasn't sung in concert. A crime!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Abracadabra's not bad. It's got charm, just up against heavy competition. Also if you're listening to an mp3, make sure it's high bitrate because the effects play havoc on compression!

Veni Vedi Vici, well there isn't much to say really, I just think it's awesome. Encompasses everything I picture of early-era Alizée. Maybe people forget it cause it wasn't sung in concert. A crime!
That's what I was saying. Abr & V3 weren't in the concert and of course not singles; so, they are overlooked. I think I kind of assumed that it must be that people didn't like them as much. But yeah, with two albums if they decided they had to cut something, they had to cut something. It's like you always here these directors say they put together like 4 hours for a movie and then cut it back to 1h45.
I will again say when we do the Moscow concert (this weekend?) (next Sunday after is Mother's Day (doesn't matter to me as my mother is in another state, but probably for many ...)) I wish Alizée had done L'Alizé also in Mexico. That's like my second favorite Alizée song.

Merci Fanny

Tags
aam chat party, gourmandises, podcast, thunderdome