Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
This particular photo shoot is pretty insignificant when taken on its own, but more generally speaking, I would say there is a clearer picture emerging more and more; Alizée seems to be immature and superficial. I always thought there was a strong deeper person behind the physical beauty, but maybe this was misreading her career moves. Maybe Alizée is indeed simply interested in tattoos, pets, shopping, food, candies, childish entertainment... Maybe most of her fans like these sorts of topics, but I myself find them mortally boring. I had great hopes after a more mature Alizée showed up for UEDS, but now, I would say Alizée is either really shallow and uninteresting, or she is really hiding well the more mature and deep side of her.
I agree with Azhiri, she can definitely get in that matured and purpose-driven mindset. Just look at how she carries herself in interviews and video we get leading up to new albums. Did you see her in the "Making of Mademoiselle Juliette" video? That woman knew what she wanted and was going to make sure things were done right.

Alizée, just like all human beings, has a work-mindset and a play-mindset. She is mature and deep with her work, while being playful and social with her family and friends. In the last few years we have got to see both sides of her, not just her "work" side. We are now seeing who she truly is...which is coming as a shock to most of us...if anyone can tell
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
merci Ray4AJ

lol she mentioned Roman in the article
That's so awesome.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road
Default eating crow

After seeing more pictures from Inked photoshoot, it appears that I jumped the gun on the deeper symbolism theory. Those of you that saw it as just a humorous spoof on American horror films appear to be right. After seeing the rest of the pictures of the shoot and the translated interview I reached the same conclusion. Now I almost wish that a deeper meaning was in play. In other words, I have to agree with Corsaire. Alizee has been showing a very superficial and shallow world. Although the jury is still out in that as protective of her personal life as she has been in the past, I'm hopeful that what she has been showing is the lighter side of her existence. I have made this point in the past and I really don't want to be critical of Alizee because there is very little real information to make a sound judgement. Even if there were, I respect her and her fans enough to stay away from attacking her character or judge what I think is the true Alizee. I still believe that she is a good person and a fun loving personality. The path she is taking from this fans perspective is becoming less and less relevant to me. I just need to say some of this dribble as a part of my own grieving process.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:29 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

interesting article

now we know where she got the addiction for tattoos :/

she has a super mario tatoo? where?

and the forever young tatoo says it all, she has a problem with getting older...

Last edited by foxy; 12-30-2012 at 04:44 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
After seeing more pictures from Inked photoshoot, it appears that I jumped the gun on the deeper symbolism theory. Those of you that saw it as just a humorous spoof on American horror films appear to be right. After seeing the rest of the pictures of the shoot and the translated interview I reached the same conclusion. Now I almost wish that a deeper meaning was in play. In other words, I have to agree with Corsaire. Alizee has been showing a very superficial and shallow world. Although the jury is still out in that as protective of her personal life as she has been in the past, I'm hopeful that what she has been showing is the lighter side of her existence. I have made this point in the past and I really don't want to be critical of Alizee because there is very little real information to make a sound judgement. Even if there were, I respect her and her fans enough to stay away from attacking her character or judge what I think is the true Alizee. I still believe that she is a good person and a fun loving personality. The path she is taking from this fans perspective is becoming less and less relevant to me. I just need to say some of this dribble as a part of my own grieving process.
I must say that I'm not far to think the same way...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it's interesting and touching to learn how Alizee developed her fascination or what ever you want to call it with tatoos. Still, could she not have waited for the album to come out for her to get the rash of tatoos that she has gotten in the past year? There is so much on the line with this album. I firmly believe that if this one fails, there will be no more.

She walked away from two incredibly talented artists back in 2004. The worst part of that was she has found other very talented artists to work with, but none who knew how to write songs that were as perfectly suited for her voice range as those of MF and LB.

I highly doubt if the songs of this album will have the beauty of MCE or Gour; maybe one at the most. Still there could be songs good enough to make a successful album. Point is she needs everything going for her. Of course the things that could have added so much to her performances, her physical beauty and beauty of her dancing, in my opinion, are gone. To me it's a waste of her time to put on a beautiful dress, to be put in a beautiful setting, to have her do a great dance if that mess of an arm is showing.

We see artists like MFand LB who studied the arts together in college to be better prepared for the path they wanted to follow. Nolwenn came to this country to better herself. MP decided to forego relationships so he could strike while the fire is still hot. These and many other artists made sacrifices for their careers, but Alizee could not wait one more year, at which time she could have gotten all the tatoos in the world?

It kind of indicates to me she's still way too young at heart; still has way too much to learn at a point where time is very quickly running out.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-30-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

After reading the posts of the last few months, I hate to say it and don't mean any offense by it, but a generation of Alizée fans are passing on. But there is still hope, this new album. As one generation of fans passes by, another one comes along.

I just want it to be february already! Can't wait to see what she'll do different with this album. Because like Scruffy said, time is of the essence to get those jumper cables, whatever they may be, and get this career back up and running...for her to INITATE HER PLAN OF WORLD DOMINATION!!!! MWUAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, I can't always be serious
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I've said it before I feel she is going through what Micheal Jackson went through in his late twenties and thirties. As has been pointed out she was forced into a career at fifteen and lost out on her sixteen through twenty growing up years. She couldn't hang with her friends and be a typical teenage girl. She is trying to be a teenager again while being a mom and a career woman.

So far the only downside I've been able to pick up on is her tattoo fetish.

She seems to be holding it together so far and I feel Dancerman was a good choice for her after her break up with Jeremy. Taking a break from dating and a serious relationship will help her get her head and priorities with her family and career in the proper perspective.

This child like personality and immaturity is a draw to her but in some ways other than the tattoos I've seen a change in her over the last year or so.
She seems to be growing up and taking on a little more responsibility especially with her relationship with Annili with her moving out of her parents place a few months ago. It's nice to have your parents around to help out with Annili when you have to work on the new Album and its promotion but you don't want your child thinking your mother is more of a mom than you are.

I'm hoping the tattoos are just a phase she is going through and in a few years they'll just be an after thought of her crazy single girl days.

I think she would be an unbelievably fun girlfriend but there is that side of her where marriage would be a really high maintenance job for any man, and I'm not talking financially. That would be be a whole different situation separate from what we are discussing here.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Seems to me that it's just a photo shoot and the images suit the nature of the magazine and the audience they were intended for.
Nothing more. Nothing less.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don’t think Alizée is suffering from having lost her teen years to her career. Most of the pop stars that started out young like she did have put in many, many more hours than she has. They have done several world tours and did tons of TV and live performances. I wouldn’t doubt Britney did more work in a year during her peak than Alizée has done in 10.

I’m not saying this as a criticism. I’m just pointing out that Alizée has had a lot of free time in the last 10 years, sometimes a couple years off in a row. She is 28 years old and has had plenty of time to make up for a few lost years in her teens.

My point is, that Alizée is a child at heart because that’s who she is, and that’s how she’s put together, and not because of some outside influence. I believe most of the things she does is because she wants to or likes to. I don’t think one needs to look any deeper than that to understand why she is the way she is.