Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think I would call it a comeback. As I just mentioned in another thread I just started, with the Tournée no more, they both lost what I'm sure was a nice little pay check each year.
Probably the word "comeback" was not the best word for this, because it implies an attempt to climb back to where she was as a singer during her glory days. Maybe it should have been phrased as a return to singing.

It might be motivated by money only, and there is nothing wrong with that because they have to make a living and singing is one of her talents that can produce income. You started another thread on the subject so I will comment further there.

Quote:
When Alizée is packaged right, there's nothing else you want to see on stage. That is still true today. There's nothing else that needs to be on stage.
Now what would be the right packaging for a 34 year-old Alizee (by the way, Happy Birthday Alizee!)? The dress in the "Hung Up" performance is the same one she used in the official Fifty-Sixty music video. She obviously liked it very much and she was 24 and can pull off wearing it even though I don't think it is a very impressive dress.

She is still, in my opinion, the most beautiful woman on earth. It's just a fact of life that a performer is judged the moment they step out onto the stage. She presents herself right, and she will win over new fans.

Edit:

Quote:
I think the song Alcaline would be a very good choice for her and I'd be very surprised if it isn't one of the songs she chooses, plus it's a recent song. K.O. too I like.
Alcaline was probably the best song from her last three albums. I still listen to it quite a bit.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-20-2018 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

The link I posted earlier isn't working anymore but here's another link to the advert, even if the quality isn't that good:

https://youtu.be/zsN7SR0LBgU

Thinking about it - we have to keep in mind that it won't be a normal 2 hour long concert, but only 1 h. So she needs to choose her songs wisely.

But let's guess what she might be singing:

She's got one hour, ca. 5 min for each song minus some talking between songs, introducing herself and the band... so let's say 8 or 9 songs in the end.

If she performs only one song from each album we already have 6 in total.

She needs to perform ML and JEAM, that's for sure. JPVA would be nice too.

Possible options from the other albums:
- MJ or FS from Psychédélices,
- Les Collines from UEDS,
- ACDLA or Je veux bien from 5,
- Blonde from Blonde.

Tho personally I doubt that she'll take a song from UEDS, the album is not really made for the big stage and a fun summer concert. If instead a second song from Blonde is possible, I would leave Alcaline out and add sth else additionally - perhaps K.O.

So that's already 6-7 songs.

There also should be time for one slow ballad, like Psychédélices or Mon planeur.

Personally I would love to see her perform Happy End, but that's just a far off dream. Even if the song is a good one for the stage.

And she should really do La isla bonita. Or maybe the Sound of Silence once more. But La isla bonita works better for a summer festival and her voice always gave the song a warm, tropical touch.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

At this point, I'm still worried about her change in voice and as much as I'd love to hear her sing ML and JEAM and L'Alize for that matter, I don't want to hear them unless she can sing them well.

I think what she needs to do is reach out to one of her friends in the music industry such as JJG or Pascal Obispo or Patrick Fiori, and have them listen to her sing as many songs as necessary to come up with a list that they think will be a good fit for this show. Hopefully they won't be yesmen or yeswomen who will say yes to what she says to spare her feelings even if it means she'll make a fool of herself. She's had too many people like that in her career. That's why her singing career is in the dismal state it is in.

She's had 'nobody' in her life who has had the kahunas to say, this isn't working, this won't sell, we need to move in a different direction and if that happens here, this wont go well.

I kind of doubt she will be doing a lot of dancing, but if she does, she will have to lip sync in which case a studio version of any of her old songs will work well.

I have more to say, things I need to be said and I feel time is of the essence, but right now, it's officially her birthday so it will have to wait. For the next 24 hours, let's celebrate her day!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:58 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think what she needs to do is reach out to one of her friends in the music industry such as JJG or Pascal Obispo or Patrick Fiori, and have them listen to her sing as many songs as necessary to come up with a list that they think will be a good fit for this show.

Excellent suggestion. Let's hope she doesn't try to do this by herself.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Excellent suggestion. Let's hope she doesn't try to do this by herself.
My sentiments exactly. She needs help and these would gladly do just that.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There is a possibility I could go there. I'd have to get somebody to work for me for two days on a Friday and a Saturday which are not good days to get somebody to work for you for. But if there is a way, I will make it happen.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-21-2018 at 02:08 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There is a possibility I could go there. I'd have to get somebody to work for me for two days on a Friday and a Saturday which are not good days for somebody to work for you for. But if there is a way, I will make it happen.
Right on!!!
Old 08-20-2018, 11:30 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

You could always bribe them.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:31 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At this point, I'm still worried about her change in voice and as much as I'd love to hear her sing ML and JEAM and L'Alize for that matter, I don't want to hear them unless she can sing them well.
I see your point but still... it would be a folly not to sing her most famous songs, especially ML and JEAM - because there will be people in the audience who are not fans and won't know her recent work. So she needs an ice-breaker, sth people can sing along to.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
She needs to perform ML and JEAM, that's for sure. JPVA would be nice too.
If it will be without choreography... not good idea. Then I would choose ACC, Hey Amigo or Toc De Mac. Just remember the short video from her Korea/Japan visit, where she sang JEAM without dancing, it wasn't the same...

From first album ML, L'ALizé and Gourmandises