Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Lapinschous,

maybe you dont mean nothing bad with this project, but I have feeling it can turn to weird way. The girls which you will find maybe for first time will be ok, to try to be as much possible as Alizée, but as I know todays generation... and sorry I must say it, half todays young girls are future bitches or future gold-diggers... honor to some exceptions...
Then however the idea can be peaceful, but the most Europe has really bad meaning about people living in eastern Europe, and dont tell me not, cause I know it very well.

You wrote somewhere about you want to get Alizées approval... however I dont believe it will happen... but if yes... we know that sometimes Alizée is saying other things than things which she really want to say... by this I want to say, maybe she would give you approval, but in her mind there will be opposite oppinion.
Just look... people still post the old stuff, however she clearly explained she never liked to be a "doll"... but she takes the situation "OK" cause it was part of her life... but still, I dont think its good to rewoke the memories on "old" Alizée, when she hardly tried and still try to find her own way and we should be with her and not still look to past. I see it many times on our A-Life page - on friday I posted photo from Fete De La Musique from 2003, and someone commeted "2003 - RIP Alizée". I know people liked most the G and MCE, but if they and YOU most here still want to live in the dimenssion of "old" Alizée, sorry but its really situation for thinking if you are fans of Alizée or just her old work.

So I think, the rewoking Alizées "old" musical life, using others people can more hurt her and her career...

Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Hmmm so basically, you will use music from MCE and Gourmandises and these girls will do exactly the same thing Alizée did back in the day? Hmmm it seems like MF and LB themselves might have something to say about this, not Alizée. Perhaps you should also study the legal side of the deal - their works are not under Creative Commons!

Please state clearly, what are you exactly going to do, and what will these girls do?

Please, don't create another Lolita Jolie.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

Lappy, i like the idea of a sexy 14 years old lolita, but i don't like the idea of involving Alizee into this so much. You can copy cat Alizee with out her name being involved. Get a sexy girl with some talent to dance and sweet voice. Write her sexy lyrics, good light dance music. Dress her in tight outfit. Show her Alizee videos. And screw the french language. It is a limited market and learning french would require too much effort and resources. Stick to english and romanian. Requires much less effort and is much bigger world wide market. You have plenty of material learn from. Alizee, Britney Spears, Inna, KPOP. Now, you have to be careful with all the laws and stuff. Maybe consult a romanian lawyer, pay him to write contracts. I think the most important is the first single. With sexy female singers, lyrics don't have to be too complicated. It's the music and video that is important. In this youtube age it is really easy to get attention if you have good stuff. God damn cute cat videos get hundreds of millions of views. Again. I think you should dump Alizee's name and outfits. Too much problems with legal and copyright sutff. Make something simmilar, but not identical
Old 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Lots of great stuff happened today! :-D We met about 40 girls between 14-18 some even started singing for us .. but more on that tomorrow , there's so much to tell you guys !

One of my friends recorded a couple of girls aged 14 and 15 singing almost acapella (using my phone) We are never ever getting back together from Taylor Swift , and one of them looked a lot like Lili except that she had blonde hair , it was really amazing I 'll share the video with you guys tomorrow .

We've started taking pictures of the girls we're interested in recruiting for a casting, I think I might post them here to ask you guys your opinion .

Anyway, we're all super excited so far so we'll go out tonight (we haven't since the end of the semester at the university)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
Lappy, i like the idea of a sexy 14 years old lolita, but i don't like the idea of involving Alizee into this so much. You can copy cat Alizee with out her name being involved. Get a sexy girl with some talent to dance and sweet voice. Write her sexy lyrics, good light dance music.
Come on man, that's the whole point of the project , bringing the Lolita created by Mylène Farmer back to life ... :$ Moreover, even though I play piano and drums, and my friend a bit of guitar, we have absolutely no skills nor experience in writing song lyrics or even composing anything half as good as Laurent Boutonnat's music.

Quote:
And screw the french language. It is a limited market and learning french would require too much effort and resources. Stick to english and romanian.

Well, we had in mind to get our girls known in France, and the whole project is to make them sing in French so they'll have to have learned the language in order to pronounce it correctly whiles singing because as Matevz said , we don't wanna create another Lolita Jolie with as crap load of autotune to mask her accent. Actually that would be easier than you think because there's LOTS of romanian guys speaking french out there, french is the second language taught there after english , many tv programs (series ,documentaries etc) here are in french with romanian subtitles ,actually Romania in the only country that has a latinic language and alphabet while all others have either Serbic roots or Cyrillic roots , so they can learn french really quick.

Keep in mind that we're hoping to get the girls to meet Lili when they'll speak a good enough french and english

Quote:
Maybe consult a romanian lawyer, pay him to write contracts. I think the most important is the first single. With sexy female singers, lyrics don't have to be too complicated.
Yeah we'll definitely consult a lawyer , they're not expensive here, but that will be to get more information about how to get our girls to sing legally Alizée songs. "Lyrics don't have to be complicated" You're missing the whole thing dude! It's about quality music , it's about using the masterpieces that are the two first albums to bring them back to the spotlight!

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-23-2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
You're missing the whole thing dude! It's about quality music , it's about using the masterpieces that are the two first albums to bring them back to the spotlight!
oh ok. So you want to go as far as covering her songs ? It would be interesting to see, but i have no idea what would Lili think about that. I bet a sexy romanian teen doing some of the Alizee's dances would get millions of views on youtube. I still don't like the idea of using Alizee's name, but you free to go i guess. Just make sure, MF and LB don't come after you due to copyright infrigment. For all we know the dresses them selves can be copyrighted . Also, don't forget that you will have to pay royalties for all the songs you will be covering
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Come on man, that's the whole point of the project , bringing the Lolita created by Mylène Farmer back to life ...
Well this is enough for me. This is not about Alizée and to "help" her career. This is about your weird dream to keep the "Lolita" alive.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Well this is enough for me. This is not about Alizée and to "help" her career. This is about your weird dream to keep the "Lolita" alive.
Nothing we do helps her career. All of our acts and projects are essentially just masturbation, they just satisfy our needs. All I can say is to just let lapinschous masturbate the way he wants, while you continue to masturbate in your own way, which is btw, if comparable, no less weird than his.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking some more about this. Early on in my Alizée experience I was pondering the Mylene/Alizée 'collaboration' and asked another fan something like "Why didn't Mylene start over with another girl after Alizée left?" I was told that Mylene did have her niece Lisa do a song/video. There is stuff on Wikipedia about it and all.

So I don't know where that project went and I'm not interested in knowing. I don't think Mylene did any more projects like this, and there must be a reason why she didn't.

Anyway, maybe Lapischous and his friends could create the next great sensation, and that would be really cool and a great experience for them. But I think they should make it original rather than doing anything related to Alizée. I know they want to impress her or help her career somehow, but I don't think either of those things will happen. Have the singer sing in English to reach the biggest audience.

Good luck to them and the project.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Hello there, sorry for being late with the update. Okay so before talking about what I said in my previous post I wanted to say that earlier tonight while we were having dinner in the pub down the road we talked about the criticism that we received from some people about the project and we really wanted to make clear that this project is not about creating a new Alizée because this won't be possible, but rather a way to find a new embodiment for the Lolita character created by MF .

But back to the good news,

So as I mentionned the day before, once we got our official visiting cards , we went to the beach and tried to contact that highschool girl we met recently because she said she'd be hanging out there around that time . So went there and luckily we called her a bit before arriving because she was planning on leaving with her friends.

So we got to the sea as quickly as we could and we saw her, and five of her friends , waiting for us with their bags half packed already.

So we sat there in the sand and started chatting, thankfully two of them spoke very good english and whenever we had to say something to the others they would translate. (too bad the three who didn't speak english were the cutest) So we talked about our project, showed some videos , gave some visiting cards , they seemed to really like Alizée's music, one even asked me to send on her phone the full MCE album via bluetooth. Then we started talking in details about the auditions, castings, and interviews we're planning, we showed them the poster , and as they understood we were serious about finding hundreds of candidates for the project they proposed us to call their friends over just as the first girl we met promised us to . So within half an hour , there was more than thirty girls (mostly around 15-16), among the prettiest of their school, who joined us .
It was a really wonderful moment when we all watched the sun set over the sea realizing there was about fourty chicks sitting there in front of us .

But as you might expect, it was getting pretty dark, so soon after the other girls arrived and watched the sun set with us, we asked them to follow us to a park nearby where we could talk. (the scary thing is that the police stared at us , while we were on our way to the park with dozens of teens following us... lmao )

Okay so sat in a circle in that park Steffen and I had to explain again the project (while Thomas was faking being busy with his macbook because I believe he was too shy to face all those girls but that's between us)
Then as I was going into the details yet again Steffen decided to stress the point that there was no money to be earned in that project and that the candidates would have to be very motivated. And surprisingly , this didn't even made them blink, so we were sure they wouldn't be doing that for cash .
So after we were done telling them that we needed their help to spread the word about the project, some girls asked us lots of questions about who she was , what she did etc. So we didn't know where to start, I knew the most about her so I kept on answering, especially to a couple of girls who seemed to love everything about france lol . So the atmosphere was really great, we asked them their names and age and phone numbers, and just as we were standing up planning to say them goodbye, some girls who were a bit too excited started "singing" ... okay I'll be honest they were laughing more than they were singing, but that gave an idea to others, and that's how two of the youngest girls starting singing and dancing to the Taylor Swift song, but I realized I had it on my phone so I played it and they sang in synch , then Thomas quickly grabbed the camcorder and recorded it . They had a really sweet voice , I wanted to share the videos with you guys as I said it in the other post, but after we discussed at the pub last night we decided we shouldn't give those girls too much exposure at least until they'd give us permission to do so, and their parent's since they're really young... and posting it here among the strong criticism wouldn't be a good idea at this point anyway.

So , yeah, once they were done singing, we clapped, and congratulated them with the little romanian we knew , we then made sure we had everyone's name and number, then it was soon over and we left the park.

This meeting gave us a lot more confidence in the project since the girls told us they would talk about it to girls from other schools , even from nearby cities!

We then went clubbing to celebrate both the start of the holidays and the promising start of our project.

On the next day , (today or yesterday depending on your local time) , we didn't loose time and headed straight to the copy service to ask them about their tariffs regarding the printing of the posters , it didn't seem to expensive but Steffen proposed to seek for more businesses to compare their tariffs .
Later on, we went to another dancing school a few miles away from the first one we visited the other day, unfortunately it was closed, so since we were in the administrative part of the city, we decided to get an appointment with a lawyer as Lili4ever proposed, so we knocked on the door of half a dozen lawyers, only a handful were there but we still managed to get two appointments next week, unfortunately I will be leaving to switzerland for my hospital summer practice , and Thomas will go back to france, so we'll Steffen take care of this stuff.

Today we're planning to go back to the dancing school that was closed yesterday, we'll also try to launch something using facebook but we're not yet sure how, and the good news is we might get some financial support from donations of some Mylène Farmer fans that Thomas contacted !

Okay so great stuff so far, tomorrow we'll start looking for a studio to rentt as well as mics and speakers on the internet for the set up of the casting. I know that's a bit early because we won't start publishing our posters and doing the first candidates interview before the end of the holidays but we prefer to get everything ready in advance.

From AF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingthewave View Post
I really admire your ambition Lapinschous.. it's amazing what Alizée inspires some of us to do at times. Well I'm not one to stand in the way of anyone's dreams, so I say go for it. If things don't work out for you though.. at the very least you can still say you tried.
Thanks for your support , it's not really an ambition , more like making a dream come true, a dream we couldn't realize because we were too young back in the 2000's ^^

If it doesn't work , well... that will just be a waste of money, but a great life experience

Edit:

Oh god... I just realized Robert Rhein is posting this thread everywhere on facebook to turn people against the project... dammit , I think we should communicate less on the internet about it or every new step will be a struggle against the overprotective haters... :/

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-25-2013 at 12:14 AM..