Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
It's different. It's not a singer contest, but a song contest.

It's about discovering a song ( and sometimes a new singer, but not necessarily, Patricia Kaas is a confirmed singer, for exemple...).

It cames from song contests from the 50's... and its a competition among countries... But, once again, a majority of people see it as totally has-been...

That's why Alizée had to represent France there. It's an international contest and Alizée believed that she should not participate because it's a big thing to represent country there and should be left to those with more international exposure, I mean those who are listened more internationally. She didn't considered her Mexican popularity to be enough for that. That's what I interpreted from the interview.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 AM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks for the translations guys. I will read it in detail and process carefully.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Thanks Deepwaters (and Fenris) for the translation of this article. It's a truly great article. Actually, this is probably the first interview since 1H Avec Alizée in 2003 where I really felt I gained real insight into Alizée. Celebrity media interviews are generally (sadly) pretty shallow affairs and rarely really allow the interviewee to express themselves or go into any detail about their thought processes. This was one of the exceptions, and very much reinforced my belief that Alizée is very much going about her career with a lot of thought and intelligence... trying to balance the difficult competing forces of raising a family, being successful in a difficult industry in the midst of continuing change and evolving metrics of success, and retaining her own identity and style (while also protecting her intimate identity from public view). It also confirms a great deal about Alizée, post-Mylène, which I was only able to guess at before. I think this interview answers a lot of important questions and I feel it is going to be one of my frequent points of reference.

As a side note, as poor as my french is, I'm very pleased that my french was good enough before reading the translation to have accurately gotten most of the main ideas out of the article myself. I'm making progress
Old 04-09-2010, 02:21 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Thanks Deepwaters (and Fenris) for the translation of this article. It's a truly great article. Actually, this is probably the first interview since 1H Avec Alizée in 2003 where I really felt I gained real insight into Alizée. Celebrity media interviews are generally (sadly) pretty shallow affairs and rarely really allow the interviewee to express themselves or go into any detail about their thought processes. This was one of the exceptions, and very much reinforced my belief that Alizée is very much going about her career with a lot of thought and intelligence... trying to balance the difficult competing forces of raising a family, being successful in a difficult industry in the midst of continuing change and evolving metrics of success, and retaining her own identity and style (while also protecting her intimate identity from public view). It also confirms a great deal about Alizée, post-Mylène, which I was only able to guess at before. I think this interview answers a lot of important questions and I feel it is going to be one of my frequent points of reference.

As a side note, as poor as my french is, I'm very pleased that my french was good enough before reading the translation to have accurately gotten most of the main ideas out of the article myself. I'm making progress
For even more insight into Alizée with as candid an interview as you're ever going to get, check out the Technikart magazine interview released January 4th if my notes do not fool me.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
For even more insight into Alizée with as candid an interview as you're ever going to get, check out the Technikart magazine interview released January 4th if my notes do not fool me.
Forgive my laziness, but do you have a link?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Forgive my laziness, but do you have a link?
Here you go, http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5291

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 04-10-2010, 12:20 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road
Default Kudos abound

Thanks to you folks that do these translations. I can only hope that one day I can read these articles in their native language. The only way I can contribute is to help keep the site alive so I became a willing subscriber. Again thanks to you translators, and to those who have the time to locate these gems.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

At first I didn't know where these translations came from, but I soon realized that it was the guys that hold this forum together and truly contribute to it in a great way. So hey thanks Translators