Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's funny, I had just watched that video about an hour ago, thinking about what had been said in this thread and I noticed the black top and realized it's a color used to represent evil and the bottom was of a white color that's used to represent good. It could have been just a simple costume selection but then again............................

Sure, it is quite easy to read too much into things when those topics are brought up... but it is also easy to read too little into it...

Edit:

I think you added some text to your last post there Scruffy... I will add to my reply to you then...

As far as mind control is concerned, this is a vast and complex subject. I do not believe a lyricist could control a singer in that way. A lyricist can provide conceptual settings and topics but it is up to the artist (and/or people who manage her/his career) to decide if the lyrics fit the intended purpose.

I would say that the mind control part comes from another front. I think it is more at the managerial level; parents, managers, agents and people that are referred to as “handlers”. So, basically, what I am saying is that you can “program” a singer to be someone (or be many personalities) she/he is not so that it is easier to push a particular product. How far is this programming going? Well, you have the whole range from simple suggestion and persuasion techniques right up to the real genuine mind control and programming techniques.

In the case of MF and Alizée, well, the former was apparently involved as both a lyricist and manager. You also have to take into account the contribution of LB which is, to my assessment, much more important than that of MF. Did MF/LB “control” Alizée, and if so, to what extent did they? Well, we could speculate for a while...

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-20-2011 at 04:12 PM..