Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Calling all dashing adolescent hussars! (dolman optional)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course the worse part of this is him not being at the autograph session. Not going to make a great impression on Alizée just having one fan there, especially an older one at that, but I'm still going to go through with it. I'm going to have about a dozen discs for her to sign. I had hoped to give him about 4 so it wouldn't seem like so many, but now I guess I'll just throw myself at the mercy of her loveliness. My ex-wife used to tell me I have kind of an inimidating look to me and the last thing I wanted was for Alizée feel intimidated.He's looks the type that's easy to get along with so that'll be a big loss.

It's going to make it much tougher take pictures while I'm up there too. . I was also hoping to get her permission to take a few up close and it would have been great to have a still camera as well as a camcorder going at the same time.
Aron14, it looks like you could do a great service for Alizée America by helping our Official Ambassador, Scruffydog! Join his entourage, help him get his music disks signed, and finally assist with the photographic opportunities permitted us! (Perhaps you could rendezvous at a hotel at which one of you is staying.)

As you may have read, we would be only too delighted to shoot some video of Alizée saying hello to us. Depending on the month, the AAm Website sometimes get more traffic from within the USA, and sometimes more from outside it. Therefore, you and Scruffy make a great team to represent us.

Alizée has done so much publicity during the majority of the last decade that I would be VERY surprised if she would greet ANY face or body with an aversive reaction, especially when she was being given an honest smile. Please remember that it is a point of professional pride for ANY entertainer who is not from something like the Amy Winehouse or Lilly Allen "school" to be anything other than welcoming to a well-mannered fan. And if the public image means anything, I am certain that Jo and Michelle raised BOTH their children to treat all decent people with RESPECT, whether or not they were celebrities. So even someone who is oversized or asymmetrical or maybe just scruffy should relax a LOT more! Really.

@Jalen It would be "Ça va, Papa Jo?" The phrase "Comment t'allez-vous?" is for French class only these days, as best I know. Am I wrong,fellas?

@Deepwaters I also noticed all the fabulous young babes at Jo's Web site. I remarked to myself that he must have an emotionally mature and confident wife. BTW, I know more than one sagacious wife who uses erotica to arouse her husband so she can enjoy the results of such inspiration herself. If you want someone to sneeze, it helps to give them snuff.

Oh, the Virgin store never e-mailed me back concerning an autograph quota. Perhaps they did not think I was serious about someene from the US traveling to their establishment.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

ok so....scruff your awesome
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Just to let people know, I've changed my travel plans. I'm only going to stay the 2 days in Paris. I wont be going to Normandy since my co-worker cancelled out. I had received and e-mail from someone saying they were trying to make arrangements to go over and wanted to go with me to the D-day beaches, but as it turns out, it looks like he wont be able to make it. So I just wanted to let people now in case any one else had similar thoughts. I gave up a day of work to go to Normandy and was lucky to be able to undo that so it will be just 2 days in Paris. I do hope to go back there some day, maybe after an Alizée concert!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 AM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
@Jalen It would be "Ça va, Papa Jo?" The phrase "Comment t'allez-vous?" is for French class only these days, as best I know. Am I wrong,fellas?
'Ça va' or 'Comment ça va' would be more 'speaking' language, if that makes sense in English
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Aron14, it looks like you could do a great service for Alizée America by helping our Official Ambassador, Scruffydog! Join his entourage, help him get his music disks signed, and finally assist with the photographic opportunities permitted us! (Perhaps you could rendezvous at a hotel at which one of you is staying.)

As you may have read, we would be only too delighted to shoot some video of Alizée saying hello to us. Depending on the month, the AAm Website sometimes get more traffic from within the USA, and sometimes more from outside it. Therefore, you and Scruffy make a great team to represent us.

I would be delighted to undertake the job of doing the filming and assisting in any way possible, if only to make up for Vinny's desertion. I hardly feel worthy for all this when put next to Scruffydog (after everything he has put into the project) and in the presence of much more dedicated fans then myself. However, I will do my best to assist Scruffy in all ways. It's true, Scruffydog and I will make an interesting duo, but it's good that Alizée will be reassured once again that she has fans from all across the world and from all age groups.
Unfortunately, I have no Alizée clothing of my own, and not much experience with handling a camera. I will do my best though, and I hope Alizée will overlook the fact that I have no apparel to assert my unwavering support and "fanhood" (if such a word exists) of her.
I truly hope I will be able to help.

Also, it is new to me that "comment allez-vous" is no longer used. In Hungary, we have not dropped any formalities for the last 100 years, and we still address people with as much formalness as our language allows. It is interesting to observe the differences in the spoken and taught versions of languages.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
@Deepwaters I also noticed all the fabulous young babes at Jo's Web site.
He's become one of my favorite Facebook friends, purely for the -- visual qualities.

I'm really, REALLY going to have to visit Corsica one of these days . . . assuming he finds all or most of his photography subjects locally.

Scruffy, forgot to mention, you da man! Good job.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road

@ Deepwaters - For a vicarious visit to Corsica, use Google maps street view, http://maps.google.com/ .
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I plan on going to the store at 2 pm to at least see what's going on. If a line is starting to form, I will join it then. If I meet up with Aron, I will have a hat for him like the one I pictured if he wants to wear it and keep it and if he doesn't mind taking 4 of the cd's I'm buying for other members here and giving them to Alizée to sign along with a list of the names who they are for, then I wil buy her cd for him.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-23-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I plan on going to the store at 2 pm to at least see what's going on. If a line is starting to form, I will join it then. If I meet up with Aron, I will have a hat for him like the one I pictured if he wants to wear it and keep it and if he doesn't mind taking 4 of the cd's I'm buying for other members here and giving them to Alizée to sign along with a list of the names who they are for, then I wil buy her cd for him.

My God. This post left me speechless. If only everyone was as generous as you, Scruffydog. I have never heard an offer where the conditions are as appealing as the reward. Although I do have my own money saved up for buying the album.
Thank you a thousand times for everything.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
@ Deepwaters - For a vicarious visit to Corsica, use Google maps street view, http://maps.google.com/ .
Familiar with it. That's how I managed to generate this passage:

"Dolphin's house is on a little byway that runs up a steep hill off the Rue de Cacalovo. As we made our way down this street, several neighbors called out greetings and waved. Dolphin waved back to them and smiled. Of course, she also drew other kinds of attention; as we passed some workmen doing road repair, one of them yelled something in Corsu, which I didn't understand, but the intent was clear enough. Dolphin ignored him. I glared at him, playing the protective lover, and he laughed but shut up.

"We turned onto the Rue de Cacolovo, walked down to where the Cours Lucien Bonaparte becomes Albert the First Boulevard, and crossed this street to reach the beach. It was a bit chilly for swimming, but that didn't stop us; we stripped to swim wear and she held out a string bag for me to put my clothes into."

I used Google maps as a research aid for Ajaccio, Paris, New York, Dublin, San Francisco, and Mexico City, because parts of the story take place in all of those cities.

As far as vicarious experience of Corsica, though, I actually like Jo Jacotey's photos better than anything else I've found. That's as true for his photos of gorgeous Corsican landscape, buildings, and fishing boats as for the more recent ones of gorgeous Corsican girls.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716