Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

severianb posted part of an interview where Alizee said she and MF parted on good terms, but I believe she said in another interview, when she released Psych, she sent the first cd to MF and LB and she never heard back from them.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I dont believe she is crying over the lack of album sales for UEDS either. I believe it is a true attempt by a true artist to reinvent herself. Which was absolutely necessary for her career to continue. Alizée is a stronger person than all that. And I for one and Sandy for two hope she NEVER gives in and becomes another slutty pop star prancing around "showing her panties" even though that seems to be what the majority of the world seems to want. Alizée is way too talented to lower herself to that level. All the Katy Perrys and Brittany Spears and Lady Gagas the mass media can keep as far as we are concerned. If it was just another pop slut I wanted to see I would have been following the afforementioned. The world of mass media has plenty of them, and I cant stand any of them, lots of "panties" and shallow of any true artistic talent. And, as I have stated in the past, What will Alizée do next??? As true of any true artist, Alizée is going to follow her heart and not give in to THE MAN!!! And when she does I will definately be getting her new work. Personally I cant wait for her next release!
Amen Rob...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
severianb posted part of an interview where Alizee said she and MF parted on good terms, but I believe she said in another interview, when she released Psych, she sent the first cd to MF and LB and she never heard back from them.
One thing MF and LB didn't teach Alizee is how to mail things, thats for sure...

Last edited by User22; 01-12-2011 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Yeah, she always says wonderful things about them, thanks them (she even thanked them in the liner notes on Psych).... but from comments like that, and the one about them "probably making a ton of money" licensing Moi...Lolita for others to sing... I have a feeling Mylene cut her off completely, and has never spoken to Alizee again. But that's nothing new for Mylene. I find it funny that people moan and whine about not getting enough updates or fan interaction from Alizee, when her main tutor, Mylene, gives absolutely nothing of herself except what you see in her performances.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Yeah, she always says wonderful things about them, thanks them (she even thanked them in the liner notes on Psych).... but from comments like that, and the one about them "probably making a ton of money" licensing Moi...Lolita for others to sing... I have a feeling Mylene cut her off completely, and has never spoken to Alizee again. But that's nothing new for Mylene. I find it funny that people moan and whine about not getting enough updates or fan interaction from Alizee, when her main tutor, Mylene, gives absolutely nothing of herself except what you see in her performances.
I hate seeing people say we don't get enough from Alizee too, especially since we actually do. I could go on and on about things she has done for her fans that some people just don't even realize she has done or things we take for granted...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Remember, she was crying the last night of her first tour simply because it was over.
Sorry but you're thinking of the concert in Riems. She left Le Zenith full of joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I could go on and on about things she has done for her fans that some people just don't even realize she has done or things we take for granted...
Quoted for truth!

Well no matter what.. she's always in our hearts...

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
You are actually stating fact, not speculating. (You didn't know you were so smart, did you?) Here is a direct quote from her sweet lips to our unworthy ears:

From this interview: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5291

Mylene and friends wanted to keep racheting up the sexy... although how you get anymore sexy than what they had already done is beyond me, and apparently, was beyond Alizée also!!!
Ohhh... I do know that I am smart. It’s the people around me who don’t seem to notice

Merci beaucoup for this quote!
It’s from an interesting interview as well.
I was aware of a few comments that Alizée made about the breakup, but I didn’t know about this specific quote.

To follow up on this and what some other posters have said:

I am still convinced that Alizée/MF/LB could have continued to milk this operation for years and years if they all agreed to go in the same direction. But after MCE, I think MF/LB not only wanted to infuse more graphic sex in Alizée’s act, but also some of the MF/LB imagery. Evidently, MF/LB knew from the start that the Lolita image would be just a phase. I’ll even venture to say that MF/LB created MCE so to smooth out the transition between the Lolita image and a more typical MF libertine image that was to be introduced in the third album. If Alizée would have continued to collaborate with MF/LB, I think that by the fourth album she basically would have been a clone of MF, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act.

Now, I think I can safely say this is all speculation on my part
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I am still convinced that Alizée/MF/LB could have continued to milk this operation for years and years if they all agreed to go in the same direction. But after MCE, I think MF/LB not only wanted to infuse more graphic sex in Alizée’s act, but also some of the MF/LB imagery. Evidently, MF/LB knew from the start that the Lolita image would be just a phase. I’ll even venture to say that MF/LB created MCE so to smooth out the transition between the Lolita image and a more typical MF libertine image that was to be introduced in the third album. If Alizée would have continued to collaborate with MF/LB, I think that by the fourth album she basically would have been a clone of MF, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act.)
I have never seen it said/viewed this way before...thanks for opening my eyes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I have never seen it said/viewed this way before...thanks for opening my eyes
Sure... as long as you keep in mind that I could be completely wrong about this.

Edit:
But I'm not!

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-14-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

MF was trying to raise an army of giant robot lobsters, that would aid her in total world domination. Now, these robolobsters were powered by Lili's sexiness. Lili found out about this evil plot, so she had to leave the partnership, in order to SAVE THE WORLD!

Hey...just another idea...
Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Well that's a stupid idea because Mylène is omnipotent. She doesn't need any poxy robots, she can dominate the world through sheer will.