Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
You did that video, didn't you?

That Gregoire has had an Alizée fixation for years. He tries to not be too obvious, however Alizée clearly knows. It is good she is merciful because she could shred him if she ever wanted to.
I added the subtitles to it. I'm pretty sure it was one of her German fans who took the video. Here is another clip from Les Enfoires where Alizee was ready to go off on Gregoire........in a playful way.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I just came across a video:

Alizee - 50 Inside Une Star Une Histoire Reportage with English subs

Look familiar to anyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-CDD2jgt0
Old 04-09-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I just came across a video:

Alizee - 50 Inside Une Star Une Histoire Reportage with English subs

Look familiar to anyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-CDD2jgt0
Well it looks like you already know I was the one who added the English sub titles to it I believe that interview is from mid 2015.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;260963]Well it looks like you already know I was the one who added the English sub titles to it I believe that interview is from mid 2015.

Thanks to Rev for digging this old video out and to Scruffy for the translation. I always wondered if Alizee suffered stage fright. She always appears confident and relaxed in her performances. In the contest when she was only 15, she looked like an old pro on stage, not a nervous fiber in her. Yet she tells us she was a wreck.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM

I'm not sure if we discussed this song recently or not. The name of the song is 'Ce Soir Je Ne Dors Pas' (Tonight I can not sleep). It was originally sung by France Gall who passed away this year. I'm posting a link to her version too.

http://vimeo.com/149131192

Old 04-11-2018, 08:39 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll post it here. A few weeks ago we were talking about different ways of making fan videos and we discussed syncing music with the movement or the singing in one video with the video of another. At the time I meant to bring up a couple of my other videos The songs were both from Alizee's blond album.

The first one was K.O. I liked the song, but Alizee didn't perform it, so I decided to try and put together a video using clips from other videos. I tried this with Coeur deja pris and the results were disappointing. Where it was a slow song, I only had a few songs to work with so I had to use scenes where she wore different outfits and it just didn't work out well. But with K.O., there were more songs with a faster pace that worked perfectly with this song. I think it came out very well and now I have a video I enjoy watching, when I want to hear the song.

So the success with that song, gave me the idea to try it with Alcaline. I wasn't thrilled with the outfits she wore when she performed it, so I decided to see what it would be like to do the same thing with this song. Again I was surprised at how well things went and I have another video I really enjoy watching. One of the things that most pleased me was not just the syncing the voice with the video, but also the action in the video also went well with what was going on in the song.

Another hard part was the interpretation. There were several interpretations out there, but none really fit what was going on in these songs and I spent a long time trying to figure it out because a direct interpretation often doesn't really fit the story, and I had to work out what the writer wanted the story to tell.

I have to add that Ray was a big help with this. I'd do some work on it and send it to him to view it and he'd often point out mistakes. It made for a much better video.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-11-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM

A couple of years ago, I had the SAGA show translated, but when I uploaded them to Youtbe, I unlisted them which I do in some cases and eventually unlist them. But I forgot with these which is unfortunate because I think they would have gotten a good amount of views.
Anywho I just listed them so they'll show up in searches for that show. If anyone wants the original videos, just let me know and I'll put them in my drive. I'm not sure if they're in the hub or not.
It's best if you watch them in order, saving the best (3) for last.
SAGA part 1

part 2

part 3
Old 04-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

These videos with their translations are a tremendous pleasure for me. They bring out so much of Alizee's character. You can tell, she is focused on the people around her, and she makes an effort to please them. I suspect a large part of her education came from conversing and associating with people in a manner we see in these films. Her formal education is limited to high school, but her life's education is something most of us could envy. We owe her parents a great debt, not only for bringing her into this world but for shaping her character. I think it was Clevercowboy who once commented on AA that although Alizee is beautiful and sexually attractive, he doesn't think of her in a sexual manner. I think of her in the same way. It's her personality that is her most outstanding beauty.

So, Scruffy once again I thank you for your contributions.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:49 PM

Thanks Shepherd. I agree with you about Alizee's character. How many kids today would have listened to their grand parents talking a language of years ago and probably thought how old fashioned? But she embraced it and thought highly of the culture of those around her. It's one of the many things that have kept her fans close over the years.

Edit:

Here's one of her great interviews....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-12-2018 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
A couple of years ago, I had the SAGA show translated, but when I uploaded them to Youtbe, I unlisted them which I do in some cases and eventually unlist them. But I forgot with these which is unfortunate because I think they would have gotten a good amount of views.
Anywho I just listed them so they'll show up in searches for that show. If anyone wants the original videos, just let me know and I'll put them in my drive. I'm not sure if they're in the hub or not.
It's best if you watch them in order, saving the best (3) for last.
I cannot say thanks enough for uploading these. I enjoyed them so much.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I think it was Clevercowboy who once commented on AA that although Alizee is beautiful and sexually attractive, he doesn't think of her in a sexual manner. I think of her in the same way. It's her personality that is her most outstanding beauty.
Shepherd, yes it was me.

Alizee redefined the word Sexy to me. She is like the definition of it to me, and it doesn't mean anything physical. I would rather watch a video of her sing and dance fully clothed a hundred times more than a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition photo shoot in person. If Alizee wears a short dress and shows her legs, I can appreciate that too because she has sexy legs. If she just sits and does an interview, and I can watch her facial expressions and the way her lips move when she talks, that is sexy too. She has never been ashamed of her femininity in this day and age of women wanting to become more masculine, and I adore that about her and find it sexy.

The best way I can put it is that I look at her like a piece of art. I have also used the phrase precious gem. And I appreciate her beauty the same as she is today, or at 25, 20, or 16 years old. People that don't "get it" might throw some names at me like they do in YouTube comments. There might be an older gentlemen leaving a post of admiration, and some troll would throw the "P" word at him. It would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that they are posting this forever in cyberspace.

I have to admit that I did not delve too far into Alizee's personality for much of my days as a fan. I was a little afraid of what I might learn, since most celebrities, especially in the music industry lead, lives that are very disappointing to me. When I decided to go for it with Alizee, her core values were so appealing to me that her mistakes that she has made, which were many (but not as much as mine!), were much easier to overlook and made her more real and lovable. She'll get older with the rest of us and looks will fade with the rest of us, but she will continue to define Sexy because of the person she is.

By the way, even though I don't look at her in a sexual manner, I would NOT say no to giving her a long bear hug and kissing her on both cheeks!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 04-13-2018 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts