Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-18-2020, 09:29 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
- And this from Gregoire:

4ans de mariage aujourd’hui! Que le temps passe vite à tes cotés👩❤️👨 @alizeeofficiel ❤️
This is one of my very favorite pictures of those two together. Alizee looks so happy, and Greg better be happy because he has Dream Girl hanging on him!

I wish them a lifetime of happiness together.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:00 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
June 18th 2016, Alizée and Gregoire tie the knot in Ajaccio

Thought I'd compile some pictures off of Instagram to see how Alizée, Gregoire and other fellow fans are celebrating.
There's some more content from yesterday in case anyone missed it, RedRafe made a post covering it here if you're curious:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...217#post270217
Old 06-21-2020, 10:45 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

On this day June 21, 2003 Alizee had one of her most impressive performances in front of the Eiffel Tower.
I forgot about the anniversary so I didn't have much time to make a better video than this

Old 06-21-2020, 11:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Nice work joebanana. I wonder what kind of anniversary this is for Skeleton? He was there, but he didn't remember seeing her. Then he moved away from France, moved back several years later and then discovered Alizée. He eventually bought one of the blue dresses. I believe there was more than one. Maybe it's the one she wore in this video?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Nice work joebanana. I wonder what kind of anniversary this is for Skeleton? He was there, but he didn't remember seeing her. Then he moved away from France, moved back several years later and then discovered Alizée. He eventually bought one of the blue dresses. I believe there was more than one. Maybe it's the one she wore in this video?
I don’t know exactly because I don’t have a translation but I think she donated one dress to charity. Maybe that’s exactly the dress at the end of the video

Old 06-21-2020, 07:35 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
On this day June 21, 2003 Alizee had one of her most impressive performances in front of the Eiffel Tower.
I forgot about the anniversary so I didn't have much time to make a better video than this

This might sound a bit corny, but I love the atmosphere of the performance in this environment. It feels like something that would be really nostalgic to look back on, not that I was there of course, but for the people who were.
Sun coming down, the stage, the huge crowd, all with the Eiffel tower as the backdrop, it's such a great setting that really does the song justice!
Old 06-22-2020, 03:36 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This might sound a bit corny, but I love the atmosphere of the performance in this environment. It feels like something that would be really nostalgic to look back on, not that I was there of course, but for the people who were.
Sun coming down, the stage, the huge crowd, all with the Eiffel tower as the backdrop, it's such a great setting that really does the song justice!
Oh definitely Ben. Its a wonderful performance, one of my favorites.
A beautiful young woman performing in front of the Eiffel Tower, with beaming lights and loud music, while the sun is setting and its starting to get dark. It's a magical feeling. I feel nostalgic for it even though I wasn't even there.
And it was during a time when the situation in European countries was much more simple, certain crisis's weren't happening yet (this is an Alizée fan forum, so let's NOT talk about that), and the world was just ... a different age. I guess.

Last edited by Kajue; 06-22-2020 at 03:40 AM..
Old 06-22-2020, 03:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure if all the new guys know what was going on here but a few years back, they had temporarily installed some strobe lights on the Eiffel tower and they would turn them on at certain times at night. It was such a hit that they decided to install them permanently on the tower and on this day, they were celebrating the completion of that project. That was back in 2003. That's what those numbers on the screen were, a countdown to when they turned on those lights.

Starting around 8pm, they would turn them on every hour at the top of the hour after dard for back then I think was 10 minutes, but I think now is 5 minutes.

One night in December, 2007 on what I think was my second trip to Paris in those times, I decided to go see them. My hotel was only a little over a mile away. I started walking down some streets and I came to a street that was lined with red Christmas lights on each side. About half way down that street there was a gap between 2 buildings and that's when I saw those strobes flashing on the Eiffel tower. That was a spectacular sight between the Christmas lights and the strobe lights. Unfortunately, video or pictures don't do it justice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-B...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-22-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm not sure if all the new guys know what was going on here but a few years back, they had temporarily installed some strobe lights on the Eiffel tower and they would turn them on at certain times at night. It was such a hit that they decided to install them permanently on the tower and on this day, they were celebrating the completion of that project. That was back in 2003.

Starting around 8pm, they would turn them on every hour at the top of the hour after dard for back then I think was 10 minutes, but I think now is 5 minutes.

One night in December, 2007 on what I think was my second trip to Paris in those times, I decided to go see them. My hotel was only a little over a mile away. I started walking down some streets and I came to a street that was lined with red Christmas lights on each side. About half way down that street there was a gap between 2 buildings and that's when I saw those strobes flashing on the Eiffel tower. That was a spectacular sight between the Christmas lights and the strobe lights. Unfortunately, video or pictures don't do it justice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-B...ew?usp=sharing
It really looks spectacular, it’s always good to learn something new.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post

I've mentioned this a number of times in the past, but if I had to choose one performance or other public event where Alizee looks her very best, this is the one. I just don't know how anybody can top her beauty here.

Also, I really enjoyed your creation here, joebanana! The photoshoot idea was really clever, and by now you know that I like clever!