Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

"Le nouvel album d'Alizée est prévue fin 2012. Un EP initialement prévue début 2011 via le site www.alizeestore.com avec l'équipe d'Institubes est annulé."

Am i the only one here who realizes that this probably means that her partnership with Institube is at an end? This would probably mean that UEDS is dead too -> no more singles and certainly no concerts!

Get ready for a loooong wait.
Ofc i could be wrong, but who knows anything for sure when it comes to Alizée.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
"Le nouvel album d'Alizée est prévue fin 2012. Un EP initialement prévue début 2011 via le site www.alizeestore.com avec l'équipe d'Institubes est annulé."

Am i the only one here who realizes that this probably means that her partnership with Institube is at an end? This would probably mean that UEDS is dead too -> no more singles and certainly no concerts!

Get ready for a loooong wait.
Ofc i could be wrong, but who knows anything for sure when it comes to Alizée.
yeap, UEDS is dead... EP cancelled, rumors about new album - so no time for new single or concert/tour
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
wait... did no one tell you?

You know she completely stopped aging after 22, right?

I thought we had already gone over that at the last clan meet?
Eh...I dunno. Shes still beautiful but she definitely looks more mature. She looks a bit tired these days too, in her cat scarf pictures she was looking pretty rough.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I wish Alizée would confirm things on facebook or twitter just so we don't walk around in a fog...
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If this rumor is true, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I would be very happy to know Alizée is planning to do another album. One the other hand, 2 years is a long time to wait. It definitely shouldn't have to take nearly that long and I wonder how she can already know that it will. Which does lead one to wonder if the reason is that she's planning on having another baby. If she's going to do it, I don't think she can put it off much longer.

I'm not surprised that she may be ending her Institubes relationship, as well as no EP or concerts. Maybe she will work with Jeremy again. Either way, I guess we will have to just wait and see if something more official comes out about this.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
One the other hand, 2 years is a long time to wait. It definitely shouldn't have to take nearly that long and I wonder how she can already know that it will.
yeap, its too long... and remember, 2 previous albums had many release dates (UEDS sept, oct, nov 2009 and finally it was in march 2010), so it can happen by new album too... it can be released in 2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I wish Alizée would confirm things on facebook or twitter just so we don't walk around in a fog...
that would be good, to hear it official... cause nobody knows if its true or not, like with EP (she never said that it will be)...

Last edited by Karin; 02-07-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road
Default Recorded album in 6 days

Maybe "The Doors"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Yeah I remember hearing about a band that recorded an album in 6 days. The name of the band escapes me right now :/
Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Haha I know a couple good French producers that could make her pretty big
As much as I would love that to happen... I don't think it will. There are plenty more [producing] fish in the sea, Alizée.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Yeah I remember hearing about a band that recorded an album in 6 days. The name of the band escapes me right now :/
The Beatles recorded their first album in 1 day. It took them less than 10 hours and they even had a song left over!

I know a lot of people would like to see Alizée work with MF/LB again, and I love the music they made together. But she really did need to move on, but I find the idea of getting back to her roots musically to be encouraging. If it indeed does take 2 years, I hope Alizée maintains some sort of ongoing relationship with the fans. A bit of news here and there and maybe a photo once in a while. I am just concerned that a 2 year absence may bleed off more people from her fan base, which she really can't afford.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If it indeed does take 2 years, I hope Alizée maintains some sort of ongoing relationship with the fans. A bit of news here and there and maybe a photo once in a while. I am just concerned that a 2 year absence may bleed off more people from her fan base, which she really can't afford.
True that. I reckon the odd appearance at an event such as the Gainsbourg tribute concert should keep us going. Also this is when she really needs to sort out her online promotion... today, literally every other pop artist in the know has a regularly updated *COUGH* blog / twitter account to reassure fans that they're still about and still planning on doing more music. Alizée has both of these but uses them pretty rarely compared to most artists who update every week (or even every day in some cases that spring to mind).

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...