Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
agreed....buy it if you guys are fans...thats what real fans would do....if they don't like it(which it will grow on you)buy it to support her anyway.
could not have saided better my self, I agree with you 100%.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
agreed....buy it if you guys are fans...thats what real fans would do....if they don't like it(which it will grow on you)buy it to support her anyway.
I find it hard to buy something I won't listen to, this being said I have bought all the albums of maybe 5 artists. One is not less of a fan if they don't buy every album or like everything from an artist.

If you don't like the songs don't buy the album if you do like them buy it.

PS. songs shouldn't have to grow on you. There is no given song in any of my libraries that will get over 100 listens in the next year.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I find it hard to buy something I won't listen to, this being said I have bought all the albums of maybe 5 artists. One is not less of a fan if they don't buy every album or like everything from an artist.

If you don't like the songs don't buy the album if you do like them buy it.

PS. songs shouldn't have to grow on you. There is no given song in any of my libraries that will get over 100 listens in the next year.
You have a good point Jung but I disagree. I didn't like PLP much when I first heard it, but I played the Psych album two or three times (forgot to turn off repeat, not intentional) and I really "grew on me." I love the song now, and it was the same with a few other songs in this and other albums. I used to not like "Jam" very much, and it is the song that I danced to for Puff's Bday thread. The same is true here, it is among my favorites. I guess you have to go through the middle. You shouldn't force yourself to listen to a song until you like it. But there is no harm done in replaying occasionally it and finding out that you love it.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hahaha, totally opposite of me.

I've listened to the JPVA/I'm Not Twenty over 3000 times, and most of my Alizée songs are in the 200-500 play count range. And I've had my ipod for about 7 months.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 AM

desmodromic is on a distinguished road
Red face If it is Alizee, I love it.

I have loved all her work, this is no exception. I am excited by the new
techo approach. And you know what, I can still listen to all the old stuff too!!
She is more than just a singer. She's the ultimate performer. By the way, if anyone out there does not have the concert DVD, you are really missing out!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
You have a good point Jung but I disagree. I didn't like PLP much when I first heard it, but I played the Psych album two or three times (forgot to turn off repeat, not intentional) and I really "grew on me." I love the song now, and it was the same with a few other songs in this and other albums. I used to not like "Jam" very much, and it is the song that I danced to for Puff's Bday thread. The same is true here, it is among my favorites. I guess you have to go through the middle. You shouldn't force yourself to listen to a song until you like it. But there is no harm done in replaying occasionally it and finding out that you love it.
Totally agree with you. I too had similar experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hahaha, totally opposite of me.

I've listened to the JPVA/I'm Not Twenty over 3000 times, and most of my Alizée songs are in the 200-500 play count range. And I've had my ipod for about 7 months.

Lol that's very small count in front of mine. I have been listening to almost each song of Gourmandises and MCE some 10 times or maybe more in day since 2007. That's my daily routine and that takes my count too big for almost each song.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

i'm sure most of us got mixed feelings with her new sound. so far i'm embracing the changes and anxious to hear her new album...
Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One is not less of a fan if they don't buy every album or like everything from an artist. If you don't like the songs don't buy the album if you do like them buy it.
Agreed 100%. Just cuz you're a fan doesn't mean you need to buy all the albums. Artists aren't always 100% perfect each & everytime. Support them yes, but don't do it by blindly buying albums just because you are a fan. You do them a great injustice. Buy it only if you truly & honestly like the album & wish to have it.

That being said, the album is decent to me. Not a guaranteed buy, but it is decent. I also need to listen to the album in it's entirety to make a decision because 30 second samples are not enough to base anything off of. However, that's what you wish to know, so my response is that I find it decent, but nothing extraordinary. To each their own, of course.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

I do not think I am going to buy this album because I bought Psychelices and I do not like it like the others so I will listen to it on youtube over and over.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

There’s a difference between what’s “good” and “bad” music, versus music that one “likes” and “dislikes”. To be fair, the former would involve a discussion on musical and lyrical composition, arrangements, instrumental and vocal performance and overall artistic qualities. The latter is simply a subjective judgment based on our own particular tastes in music. So I’m not going to get into a lengthy post about what’s “good” and “bad” in Alizée’s body of work. But I don’t think it’s fair to say something is good or bad simply based on personal taste.

So, to the personal taste issue; I like almost all of the songs on all three of her previous albums. And I truly love some of the songs on all three albums. Based on what I’ve heard so far on the new album, I find nothing that I dislike about it. I find the melodies very nice and I think her voice sounds good. At this point, I expect to like this album very much.

That’s my subjective, “personal taste” take on it. I'm not going to say it's good or bad. I’m looking forward to hearing the whole thing. And at that point I’ll be able to say without reservation how I feel about it.