Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 PM

Cire is on a distinguished road
Default A 5 foot 2 inch foreign star comes to America and hits #1 - it can happen!

For those of you who missed the Billboard type "Hits of the Year" shows, I'll spoil the anticipation by saying Shakira had the #1 song in America this year.

A multi-talented superstar in Latin America, she delayed making the break to the USA for years, then attacked the market leading with her dancing and winning with her talent. I was a little sad to see her reinvent herself as a blond bombshell ala Spears or Aguillera as I much prefer her Spanish look and sound. But she proved a foreigner can dominate this market, maybe our Alizee is the next superstar to conquer our shores.

My favorite Shakira moment is her stunning live performance of Si Te Vas, at the Latin Grammies:

She has a force, a voice and a raport with the audience that is awesome to behold, plus the song rocks!

Come on in Alizee - the water's warm!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 AM

TurinSZ is on a distinguished road

No comment
This is not a shakira site

Last edited by TurinSZ; 01-03-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Old 01-03-2007, 01:35 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

shakira wanted to be popular in the US. id assume or else she wouldnt have released videos here.

i dont think alizee wants to be popular in the US. but if she wanted to, she would probably have an easy time doing it.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but Shakira sucks, just like the rest of the music around lately. Alizée wouldn't fit in like Shakira did.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:41 AM

yea i personally dont like shakira as well
Old 01-03-2007, 04:31 AM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Umm...ok. Shakira is ok I guess...but why bring her up here?

Alizee>Shakira
Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

A Latino star has a much better chance of breaking into the U.S. market than a French star. The U.S. has a solid Latino base. The French base is dismal. In addition, unlike Europe and Asia, language crossover acceptance is a tough nut to crack in the U.S. Throw in the U.S. general view of the French at the moment, and well....

In the U.S., Alizée would be a French entertainer running uphill against the language barrier without a base. It will take something special to make it happen.

That doesn't mean it can't happen. It only means it will take a lot more from us than just sitting on the wayside and hoping. One, when the new album comes out, if there are enough U.S. sales to put it on our charts in the U.S., that would be real good. There's got to be a market! The only way to show the market, is for the market to respond. That's us! Then, if we can reach critial mass in sales, you can get pockets where there is enough following to get air time...which should bring in more converts....which might generate the critical mass for a concert. In this industry, you need the snowball effect.

All it all, it's an uphill battle. Something has to set it off and sustain it.

There is one thing Alizée has going for her in the U.S. Her name is accented and rhymes in perfect cadence with U. S. A. The chant: "U-S-A Ah-lee-zay" is really cool. Try it!

Last edited by OGRE; 01-03-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Hey nice find! Haha. I can see a movement down some huge street, protesting for Alizée hehe. "USA wants Alizée! USA wants Alizée!"

I really do hope something miraculous like this happens I'd be so happy for you Americans!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
A Latino star has a much better chance of breaking into the U.S. market than a French star. The U.S. has a solid Latino base. The French base is dismal. In addition, unlike Europe and Asia, language crossover acceptance is a tough nut to crack in the U.S. Throw in the U.S. general view of the French at the moment, and well....
QFT

didnt think about that
Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm a listener ... reader

BlancZulu is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
shakira wanted to be popular in the US. id assume or else she wouldnt have released videos here.

i dont think alizee wants to be popular in the US. but if she wanted to, she would probably have an easy time doing it.
Now THATS a Fact of Live!