Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2007, 01:31 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dawg777 View Post
Just out of curiosity... newAlizeefan, what countries have you been to? Or better yet how many states have you been to?
ive only been to phillipinnes, hawaii, nevada (LV & reno).
not much of a travel person
Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
I LOVED the time I spent in Australia (east coast trip: Cairns to Sydney in 3 weeks). I wish I had been older when I went - I probably would have appreciated it more at the time. The country was beautiful, and all the people seemed really friendly. I don't think I could have felt more welcome.

I'll never forget the hippie-looking dude who came up to me and my friends and said, "I love your accent!"
Hehe yeh, I like the American accent when I hear it either over ventrilo or in person - not on TV though... just too much of it haha (It's funny. If you were to ask anyone I know to talk in a yank accent, they'd be able to do it) I suppose it's because it's different and I like different things
Old 01-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I speak fluent "Yank"
Old 01-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

A buddy of mine in the military said he was in a bar in Austrailia and he spilled his drink, then he asked the bartender for a mop so he could clean it up, he said she was so astonished she called some of her friends and they took pictures of this amazing gentleman who offered to clean up his own mess.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Yeah... umm... I would deffinately suggest visiting anywhere you plan on living. This of course going out to NewAlizeefan. For example, ever since I was very young, I thought I wanted to live in New Zealand. After spending some time there, I now know that you could not pay me to stay there. I'm not dissing it if there are any Kiwi's here. It's gorgeous and all, just not what I had built it up to in my mind.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
A buddy of mine in the military said he was in a bar in Austrailia and he spilled his drink, then he asked the bartender for a mop so he could clean it up, he said she was so astonished she called some of her friends and they took pictures of this amazing gentleman who offered to clean up his own mess.
Hmmm... I guess it depends on how much he had lol. I only turned 18 a few months ago, so I'm not much of a drinker yet... Dunno much about bar life. But my brother drinks and my sister's BF is the biggest tank I know and when they drink, they really lose it. I don't think they'd be mopping a floor... unless it's with their face. So yeh... Umm... I guess that's pretty astonishing for someone to ask to mop a floor...
Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

of course, i wouldnt live in a place i've never visisted.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:05 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
I don't think that had anything to do with the country, I think it had to do with the calibur of the bar he was at..

Sooner or later everyone will realize all westernized countries are identical in nearly every way.. I have a dream! lol
Old 01-03-2007, 02:54 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
currently i live in sacramento, california and i hate it.
from pictures/videos/scenery in movies, it seems like Paris is a very great place to live and it made me want to move there.
Not to sound too trite, but comparing the experience in ONE city (U.S., or otherwise) to pictures, videos, and scenery of another city (U.S. or otherwise) is not a balanced comparison. Language excepted (or maybe not), you can get as much culture shock moving from Sacramento to other cities in the U.S. as you can moving from Sacramento to Paris.

Quote:
Finish my education in music
Yes, finishing education is a good plan.

Quote:
Learn French and be fluent in it
Have you considered a student exchange program? There is no substitute for being THERE, when fluency is your goal. And a music exchange program would also establish connections you would need when/if you decide to move there.

Quote:
Are the French really rude?
No nationality is rude per se. People are rude. You really gotta take 'em one at a time. There is also a vast difference between city, suburban areas, and country. And age plays a role as well. However, there is friction between the U.S. and France right now. That friction tends to set the foundation for first impressions, on both sides of the pond. The media and information outlets like to stir the pot. I have a strong feeling the general popuation on both sides have a skewed (and incorrect) perception of the general population on the other side. Hence, first encounters will likely be guarded, which can be interpreted as "rude". The best ice breaker is language. Speak fluent French, and that will go a long way toward knocking down the barriers errected by politicians, media, and our preconceptions.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 AM

Unknown is on a distinguished road

moving in Paris is too expensive for me!
lol just kid! 14 year old guy have dream! to move in Paris lol!