Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I had mentioned earlier, I brought up the possibility that they may have been testing the waters here. I can't really see another reason why MF and LB would do this.They continue to be very successful and a project like this couldn't possibly make that much more money for them, especially compared to the money they are making off everything else they do. After all, ML was 18 years old. The audio was good to begin with. There had to be a reason for them putting this out the way they did.

And as far as this project, who do you think approached who? I don't think Alizee approached them. Greg and her seem to be doing quite well with the Studio/school. I even mentioned with my hopes to get her into Les Enfoires that the studio looked so successful, that I was worried that even if she wanted to be in Les Enfoires, she might not have the time.

So if you add things up, I'm sure Alizee didn't approach them and if they approached her, just remastering these songs and videos I'm sure wasn't their ultimate goal. It had to be something more than that and I can see only one other possibility and that is another album.

I had mentioned the possibility in the past that if Alizee put out another album, her and Greg could appear together in a music video or two. With MF's and LB's genius, I'm sure they see a potential there with two very talented artists.

So if this was a test, how did it go? I don't think they could have expected to see these go to the top of the charts, but did they see enough appeal to pike their interest?

I do believe there are plenty of fans out there. With my Facebook posts, I see what appeals to her fans. Sometimes it's an old picture or interview they haven't seen or read before, but I see a lot of appeal too with more recent events like Les Enfoires and SAGA. When you find something that appeals to them, they show up. There are, plenty of fans still there dying to see something new. If MF/LB put it out there, it will be very successful.

But Alizee has to be at her best in all categoires of things that appeal to fans. That is 'all' Categories and for people in this forum, I don't think I have to spell out what one of those categories is. But with MF/LB in charge, that is something we wont have to worry about.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I hope they didn't spend a lot on having the audio remastered because I can't tell any difference.

I don't think there are many costs involved in a digital-only release especially when everything is already recorded and mixed and edited.

There was money out there for them to take, so they are. From whatever sales they get, a few cents here and there from the streaming services, and from Google for YouTube monetization. (<might not be a word)

It's called the music biz for a reason. Money.

What was Alizée's involvement? Looks to me like it was limited to making a single post each on three social media platforms one afternoon. Then she went on vacation.

Not that I don't appreciate the videos in the best quality I have ever seen them in. But I already have the CDs and the quality of run-of-the-mill downloads doesn't come close to CD quality, at least from a technical standpoint.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:59 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I try to keep sound (MP3s) to 320kbps or better.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:19 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I can see where Alizee might want to do something on her own without Greg being a part of it. Anyone can see she is deeply in love with him, but with the school, they are together almost 24/7. I think a music project on the side would not have any negative impacts on their relationship.

I have known a number of people who played in bands in my life, and pretty much the consensus is that performing in front of an audience is like a drug. A really good drug. Especially when the audience is really getting into your music. With the dance studio, it's all about the kids. Nothing wrong with that, but I wonder if Alizee would want the feeling of being the reason concert venues sell out again? She is really in a good place to make a comeback, and a reunion with Mylene would definitely create a buzz.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 PM
Last Fan Standing

Looks like they weren't done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIKL-SfEwo
Old 07-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Looks like they weren't done...
It is put together like being the best moments of the En Concert videos of her various songs. Great video and thanks for posting!
Old 07-11-2018, 02:04 AM

Amelie m'a dit was rumored to be the next single before the separation happened.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Last Fan Standing

This Amalie m'a dit clip is the same as the one on the En concert DVD.

I seem to remember a version out there somewhere with the English version dubbed over it.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:07 AM

I've been giving the re-release of these albums a lot of thought and I think there's a fairly simple solution and it wasn't money. Mylene Farmer's net worth is estimated to be about 240 million dollars and this would hardly be worth it for her. She could probably write another hit song in the time it took to do this.

I think it all stems from the recent Gala in Ajaccio. Alizée used one of MF's songs during the show. I believe with just about any song you use in a show like that, you have to get the rights to use it which I'm sure usually comes at a price. Now with the Mylene Farmer song, Alizée could've just contacted the company whether it be Sony or Requiem or who ever, but I think she probably contacted Mylene directly and I'm sure they had a very nice conversation.

If Alizee had just contacted the company to get the rights, Mylene might have never heard about it. But like I say, I think the two talked directly and though Alizee has had some kind things to say about Mylene in the past several years, I think using one of MF's songs in a show would have touched her much more than anything she has said and I'm sure that led to the message during the show. I believe it was mostly young people involved in that one skit so Alizee was introducing a new generation to MF's music. Ske had a video of that performance, but it looks like that got taken down.

So I think this re-releasing of the first two albums and the video stems from that. It was Mylene's way of thanking her, which seems a relatively small gesture because I doubt if it will bring in a big amount of money to either one of them, but I think there might be something a little deeper to it.

MF and LB and what ever company they deal with own the rights to those songs. (Mylene might own the company that has those rights). Now she can sell those rights or maybe it's leasing the rights to another singer.

Back in 2007, Julien Dore was able to get the rights to sing 'Moi Lolita' and he put out a single that did very well. That was the same year that Alizée came out with her first album on her own (Interesting timing). But I think MF sort of did Alizee a favor by letting a male singer, sing that song. He could never replace her as 'The' Lolita. I'm sure there were other singers or producers who would've loved to have had that song for some young singer they had and if that had happened, Alizee the Lolita, may have been replaced.

I think that is true of some of the other songs from Gour and MCE. There were numerous good songs on them that could've been resold, but weren't and I think with what just happened here with the re-releasing of these albums, she is saying these are Alizée songs and they will stay Alizée songs.

MF gala poicture.jpg
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Scruffy, you are probably correct in your post. Good detective work!

I am one to believe that the split from MF/LB caused a rift between Alizee and Mylene, despite what we were led to believe. I'm glad to see that all seems to be well between the two now.

If this was Mylene's way of saying thank you, that is one heck of a thank you! It helps solidify Alizee's legacy as a performer and keeps her music relevant even today.