Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road
Default i want to move to paris.

currently i live in sacramento, california and i hate it.
from pictures/videos/scenery in movies, it seems like Paris is a very great place to live and it made me want to move there.
my plan so far is to
-Finish my education in music
-Learn French and be fluent in it
-Move to Paris
-Teach music there (mainly piano, but anything will do)

i know that will take a great deal of time and im hoping ill be able to fulfill those goals or else im gonna get stuck living a boring life here in sacramento.
well i got some questions to anyone who has ever visited or live in Paris
-How expensive is it to live there?
-How easy would it be to find a job?
-Whats the fashion there (for males)? im a fashion geek and i dress to impress.
-For the future: how much money should i have saved up from the US before i finally decide to move?
-Are the French really rude?
-Lastly, is it worth it?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 AM

MaiFromSanFrancisco is on a distinguished road

yeah... sacramento wats out there.... i live in san francisco. Paris is nice, but i think san francisco is as close to paris u can get, without moving millions of miles.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 AM

well i dont want to live in the US. i just dont like it much here
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 AM

blueskyy is on a distinguished road

Are you in high school or college? You will need to do a lot of research on immigration. As I understand it you can't just up and move to wherever you want. One way to do it is to get a job with a company that has a branch overseas and you may be able to transfer over there. It is also possible to contact companies in other countries and apply for a job. If you are hired, usually the company will help you with work visa etc. The hard part is they usually don't bother with foreigners unless you are in a job that is in high demand. I believe the high demand jobs are doctor, teacher, and some other highly specialized technical fields.
This is just general info that I have found out over the years from my own desire to move abroad, it's not specific to any one country. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:20 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
-How expensive is it to live there?
You can bet it would be like any other city, the better the area you live in, the more $$ you have to fork up.

Quote:
-How easy would it be to find a job?
There are agencies in just about every major city that will help new immigrants find work, residence and some will even help you get accustomed to the way of the natives.

Quote:
Can't answer that one for you (obviously), but I would think you should move there first and worry about what to wear after, lol

Quote:
-For the future: how much money should i have saved up from the US before i finally decide to move?
Depends on a lot of factors, I'll list a few:

1. Do you plan on finding a job right away?
2. What type of neighborhood do you want to live in?
3. What standard of living are you expecting?

and so many more..

Quote:
-Are the French really rude?
Of course they are, just as all Americans are fat McDonalds loving slobs on welfare.

Quote:
-Lastly, is it worth it?
If you want it, it's worth it.

If you don't know if it's worth it, these other questions really arent questions you should be asking...

Theres a test that I learned from a life skills coach, it will tell you what you are willing to fight for, and what is just a pipe dream.

Imagine yourself on a skyscraper roof top, there is another skyscraper 50 feet away, there is also a 1 foot wide wooden board bridging the two buildings together. A man is beside you, and tells you "If you cross that bridge, I will take you to Paris and give you everything you need to live there, if you don't cross it, there is no chance whatsoever of you EVER making to to paris." If you fall trying to cross the brige, there is no chance of you surviving.

There are very few things many people would cross the bridge for, just about the only common one between everyone is if that man was going to kill a family member should you not cross the bridge.

Do you cross the bridge?

Last edited by HibyPrime; 12-27-2006 at 02:28 AM..
Old 12-27-2006, 04:10 AM

well im in 3rd year college but i plan on taking a lot more years of school.

with the skyscraper thing. thats a pretty tough(but good) question.
i guess right now its more of a pipe dream, but in the future HOPEFULLY i can say that i would cross the bridge. its just too early for me to answer that question at the moment though. i mean i never planned on staying here in sacramento, but i also never planned on where i should live in the future either. but i have always wanted to live in a nice city.
there are 2 options that i hope to atleast 1 happening
-move to paris
-move to new york
then theres the other option which if none of those 2 happened then
-stay in sacramento (or california for that matter)...which i dont want
Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Theres a test that I learned from a life skills coach, it will tell you what you are willing to fight for, and what is just a pipe dream.

Imagine yourself on a skyscraper roof top, there is another skyscraper 50 feet away, there is also a 1 foot wide wooden board bridging the two buildings together. A man is beside you, and tells you "If you cross that bridge, I will take you to Paris and give you everything you need to live there, if you don't cross it, there is no chance whatsoever of you EVER making to to paris." If you fall trying to cross the brige, there is no chance of you surviving.

There are very few things many people would cross the bridge for, just about the only common one between everyone is if that man was going to kill a family member should you not cross the bridge.

Do you cross the bridge?
Interesting test. I'll have to file that one away. Seems good for sorting out the really important stuff. Though it seems to me that there are a range of priorities between willing-to-risk-certain-death and "pipe dream" that it doesn't address.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Interesting test. I'll have to file that one away. Seems good for sorting out the really important stuff. Though it seems to me that there are a range of priorities between willing-to-risk-certain-death and "pipe dream" that it doesn't address.
It's only really meant for life changing decisions, there really isn't an in-between for those type of decisions. I probably should have said that before.

I think permanently moving half-way across the world counts as one of them big choices in life
Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
I know nothing about fashion but since Courrèges had the "pink" ( = Red ) dress on their window month ago, I bet it's in fashion now ! (well, atleast red and white color for sure... again, according to that view on window...)

Oh yea, it's not exactly for males.. but... at least you'd be unique.

And I'm moving to Paris someday... It will be cheaper to live there than travel to there all the time for few days...
Old 12-30-2006, 02:24 PM

blueskyy is on a distinguished road

You may want to look at a book called "Getting Out: Your Guide to Leaving America," by Mark Ehrman.