Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 03-24-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default Time again to update the AAm home page?

Someone mentioned to me today that the homepage needs some updating.

Currently:
Quote:
About Alizée (Ah-lee-zay)

Alizée Jacotey is a French singer from Ajaccio, Corsica. She has sold more than five million records and taken part in performances throughout the world.

She debuted in 2000 with the hit single, Moi... Lolita, produced by French music legends Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, with whom she collaborated on two studio albums, a European tour, and a 2004 live recording

After a three year hiatus, Alizée returned to the limelight with a new team of artists for the disc Psychédélices, which she supported with a successful concert series in Mexico. She followed this in 2010 by the 60s-themed concept album, "Une Enfant du Siècle".

June 28th 2012 saw the release of "A cause de l'automne", the first single from Alizée's upcoming fifth studio album.
Several things have happened since then.

I'm not creative enough to come up with any suggestions, but maybe if some other members have some ideas perhaps they could be incorporated into the bio.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Just a very quick thought, something to include the Disney characters she's now a part of, but DALS is still current and should also be included.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:05 AM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

I had intended to just update the most recent details, but then I ended up reworking the whole bio while I was at it in order to maintain a cohesive flow.

Quote:
Alizée Jacotey is a French singer from Ajaccio, Corsica, whose long musical career has been defined by incredible international success.

Debuting in July 2000 with the provocative single, Moi... Lolita, Alizée captured the attention of the world with her sensational voice and captivating dancing. In collaboration with French music legends Mylène Famer and Laurent Boutonnat, Alizée released two albums: Gourmandises, and Mes Courants Électriques, both of which were met with outstanding commercial and critical reception. The success of these albums was followed by her European En Concert Tour, from which a live DVD was produced.

After a three year hiatus and change in creative support team, Alizée’s music entered a new era that would come to be marked by a variety of novel collaborations as well as dramatic shifts in genre. Alizée’s third album, Psychédelices, featured a fusion of psychedelic and electronic pop influences, while the multi-lingual concept album Une Enfant du Siècle made use of abstract lyrics and a dark electronic sound to tell the story of American model Edie Sedgwick. Her fifth release, appropriately titled 5, reached a new height of professional and artistic maturity, and saw the return of complex instrumentals performed by an orchestra. Alizée’s most recent album, Blonde, infused light pop tunes with retro beats, and even paid homage to Mylène Famer in the form of an eponymous track.

Since 2013, Alizée has begun to diversify in her talents, starting with pursuing her long-held interest in dancing by participating as a contestant in the fourth season of Danse Avec Les Stars. Alizée won first place in the competition alongside professional dancer and teammate Grégoire Lyonnet, and took part in the DALS tour the following year. In 2015, Alizée debuted as a voice actress in the animated film Clochette et la Créature Légendaire, lending her voice to the fairy character Nyx.
Of course, feel free to make any suggestions or point out any errors that I was too tired to catch, and use any, all, or none of this text if you like.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:05 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

For inspiration take a look at Wikipedia.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Should Gregoire be included in some way?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Should Gregoire be included in some way?
IMO I think it makes sense to stick to talking about her professional life rather than her personal life. So if Greoire is to be mentioned at all, it should be in the context of DALS.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

There was also a discussion, albeit a long time ago now, to change the picture to a BlondeAlizée one, and Pepon had colored up a great black and white screencap of Alizée back then but she's back to brunette now and I'm not sure anymore if we should use it :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
IMO I think it makes sense to stick to talking about her professional life rather than her personal life. So if Greoire is to be mentioned at all, it should be in the context of DALS.
I concur, good edit btw
Old 04-08-2015, 03:22 AM

Here are my recommendations on how to put together a bio on a homepage.
I think the above bio by Antares is fine. It would be a good idea to put a small picture in the text next to the description of Blonde because it was her last album, after all.
My recommendation is to put a thumbnail of this image: https://twitter.com/AlizeeUSA/status...911104/photo/1

The title of the picture is An Angel's ID photo! ..., and she really looks angelic in that picture, and even a blonde in addition.
Of course the picture should be a link so that you can click on it and see it full size.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Here are my recommendations on how to put together a bio on a homepage.
I think the above bio by Antares is fine. It would be a good idea to put a small picture in the text next to the description of Blonde because it was her last album, after all.
My recommendation is to put a thumbnail of this image:

The title of the picture is An Angel's ID photo! ..., and she really looks angelic in that picture, and even a blonde in addition.
Of course the picture should be a link so that you can click on it and see it full size.

I'm glad you liked that post!

Well I've got plenty more where that came from, including, as I said above, the picture that our dear friend Pepon colored from the Blonde era. Also from that Cacharel commercial.

I will make a little thumbnail of that and post it, so the big real one is saved for AAm's homepage if we decide to use it
Old 04-08-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post

I'm glad you liked that post!

Well I've got plenty more where that came from, including, as I said above, the picture that our dear friend Pepon colored from the Blonde era. Also from that Cacharel commercial.

I will make a little thumbnail of that and post it, so the big real one is saved for AAm's homepage if we decide to use it

okay, actually I am really looking forward to see how the homepage will look like at the end ...