Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2016, 02:03 PM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road
Default It has been a long...long time.

Wow! I haven’t logged on to these forums since 2008..and I created this account almost 10 years ago. Its crazy how this site still looks the same as it did back in 2007 when I joined. Its also crazy to think I was only 22 when I last logged on and now I am 30. Just thought I’d share with you because I was a huge Alizee fan for almost a year.

I found out about Alizee back in July 2006 because I used to play a game called World of Warcraft (and well you know the rest). Watched a bunch of youtube videos (this was when youtube was still very young) and immediately fell in love. From Summer 2006-Spring 2007 I was madly obsessed with Alizee, I couldn’t stop watching her videos, listening to her songs, reading up on the latest news about her, etc.. I used to have her best hits at the time (JPVA, JEM, ACC, L’Alize, Moi Lolita, Gourmandises) on my ipod and would listen to it everywhere I went...literally. I was in college at the time and would even listen to her between classes. When I signed up for these forums in January 2007, I can remember that Alizee was not active but she was rumored to make a comeback. I started to lose interest around summer 2007 when she actually did come back with the psychedelics album, I still visited the forums from time to time but I wasn’t really listening to her songs or watching her videos as much. In 2008 I stopped and wasn’t listening to her anymore or watching her videos.

Looking through my old posts was crazy because it was was like time travel. I was surprised my account was still here and that I was able to log on. I really miss those days especially 2006 when I discovered her because it was such a carefree fun time in my life. Now I have so much responsibilities and getting old sucks. Just thought I’d share with you guys because I was so excited to see my account still active and that I was still able to log on after almost 10 years and look at old posts from then. I recently looked her up on youtube and it seems she is still pretty active, I wish I had been a fan for longer but things did change.

Another interesting fact: 10 years ago to this date I was in Hawaii, I listened to Alizee on the plane trip, walking around Hawaii when my cousins were resting, and on the plane trip back home.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 08-10-2016, 04:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Good to hear back from you Le Parrain! I take it Paris isn't your actual location? I joined the forum back in 2007.

It looks like you missed out on her participation in Dancing with the Stars (French version) a couple of years ago. It was a great show where we really got to learn a lot about her and there are videos available of all nine shows with the parts she was in, translated.

She's also participated in Les Enfoires with some very memorable performances too.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:45 PM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Good to hear back from you Le Parrain! I take it Paris isn't your actual location? I joined the forum back in 2007.

It looks like you missed out on her participation in Dancing with the Stars (French version) a couple of years ago. It was a great show where we really got to learn a lot about her and there are videos available of all nine shows with the parts she was in, translated.

She's also participated in Les Enfoires with some very memorable performances too.
Lol no. Although that’s still one of my top 3 choices of where I would want to live when I am much older. Along with New York or Hawaii.

Oh yea I bet I missed out on a lot, stopped following news on her since 2007, luckily youtube probably has all this stuff and I may have to check some of it out. It seemed like she divorced too because from what I recall her husband was named Jeremy but it seems she has a new partner. I must say after almost 9 years of not following anything that has been going on with Alizee, she still looks very beautiful, infact she still looks the same from 9 years ago lol. No wonder I had such a big crush on her back then haha.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 08-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Le Parrain it's good to see a long time member posting here and reminiscing about the good old days. I recently came back here myself after a year or so of being inactive, but sometimes life situations side track us. Nonetheless I wouldn't want it any other way as with all our lives the people we hold most dear to us are what's most important. Well still I'm sure there will always be a place in your heart for Alizée no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
Another interesting fact: 10 years ago to this date I was in Hawaii, I listened to Alizee on the plane trip, walking around Hawaii when my cousins were resting, and on the plane trip back home.
Oh man that's what it's like to be living.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 08-11-2016 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: grammer
Old 08-11-2016, 06:01 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
Oh yea I bet I missed out on a lot, stopped following news on her since 2007, luckily youtube probably has all this stuff and I may have to check some of it out. It seemed like she divorced too because from what I recall her husband was named Jeremy but it seems she has a new partner. I must say after almost 9 years of not following anything that has been going on with Alizee, she still looks very beautiful, infact she still looks the same from 9 years ago lol. No wonder I had such a big crush on her back then haha.
It's been an interesting story. I'll try to briefly bring you up to speed on a few things.

In 2012, Alizée again participated in the show for charity called Les Enfoires. They put on 6 shows in a one week period usually in january or febuary. I was on vacation in Europe and I was able to attend 2 of those shows. Afterwards, I went to Ajaccio as the next stop on my vacation and everyone figured she'd return to Paris to be with Jeremy, but instead, she too went to Ajaccio. This is how we first found out that they had split.

So apparently she didn't get into any serious relationships in the following years. In fact, it's said she had given up trying to get into a relationship so she could focus on raising her daughter, Annily.

Then came the show DALS (Danse avec les stars). Supposedly she had been asked to be on this show before, but rumor had it that they dig quite a bit into your personal life and she wanted no part of that. But with little success on the album front, she needed something and so she decided to participate in the show.

As I mentioned before, she wanted to focus her life on raising her daughter and asked that she'd have a gay partner so there would be no distractions. But they weren't able to or maybe chose not to meet this request and joined her up with a very successful dancer about the same age and in a great story, they fell in love.

There were nine episodes of this show and in a dance she performed in show 2, you could see she was still in love with Jeremy, but before long, the tide started to turn and this past june, they finally tied the knot.

With the new found success of DALS, they decided to rush out a new album (Blonde) and rush was the last thing they should've done. It had potential, but was mismanaged.

As I mentioned before, all nine episodes are available with English subs and I suggest watching them in order.

Here's a link where you can download episode 1 from my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

Here's a couple of links to some of my favorite Les Enfoires performances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eynSu1G9j0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLR8RqVMW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjs...BDAC1900403AB3

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-11-2016 at 06:03 AM..