Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-14-2020, 07:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Tribu magazine interview Oct, 2004

Tribu_Move_octobre_2004.jpg

Tribu MOVE , OCTOBRE 2004
Alizée: End of the "Lolita" period

In 2003, Alizée was the most-liked artist by readers of Tribu Move and the gay public. Mylène Farmer offered us a nice gift: the first and only interview from her spiritual daughter, Alizée, exclusively to the gay press(see Tribu Move cover N 56--October 2003). The wind of Alizée blew over all of France with no less than 40 concert dates, the culmination of which was the Zénith, last January 17th. Monday, October 18 will see the release of "En concert", her first live CD and DVD with "Amélie m'a dit" as an excerpt. The DVD contains numerous bonuses: the making-of of the music videos "L'Alizé" and "J'en ai marre", the video "Amélie m'a dit", previously unreleased images of her promotional trip to Japan, behind the scenes of her concert tour (rehearsals) and commercial spots for her concert. To celebrate this event and to be among the privileged few to discover, listen to, and buy Alizée's live supports in a premier, the concept shop "My Beautiful Megastore" (Virgin Megastore in the Carrousel of the Louvre) will open Sunday October 17th in the evening (from midnight to 1 a.m., during the night of the 17th to the 18th). D.J. Guéna LG (from Glam As You) will mix an exclusive set of Mylène vs. Alizée under the Pyramid of the Louvre, so come one, come all...

When you arrived with “Moi... Lolita”, it had behind it the stamp of Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. Don’t you think that today the public is past this distinction and that it likes you just for who you are?

A: A big part of my audience likes me for me and they aren’t necessarily fans of Mylène… The other part follows me because Mylène is behind me and as long as she’s there, they will continue to follow me… For them, it’s the same family!

Mylène was present for your seven nights at the Olympia (Tuesday, August 26th to Wednesday, September 3rd). Did she follow you the entire tour?

A: No, she had lots of work to do! She surprised me by coming to see me on certain dates. In any case, she was there for all the rehearsals and concerts at the Olympia. I didn’t think she would involve herself that much and that she would in fact accompany me during that entire period.

In the first part of the show, there was a dance group, One-T. Do you feel close to this culture club?

A: Absolutely! I adore the Benny Benassi remix of “J’ai pas vingt ans !”. He also remixed some of Mylène’s songs. What I liked was that he kept intact all the lyrics and the original spirit of the song, not only the chorus, like a lot of people do now. I remember that for “L’Alizé”, the rhythm was slowed down like the slow types of songs you’d hear on the “Hôtel Costes” compilations. As for One-T, I adore anything that has a childlike feel to it. They opened for me and I thought it fit perfectly in my universe.

How did you anticipate this tour of four months, the peak of which was the Zénith, last January 17th?

A: I’m glad I started with the Olympia, then later went on tour. I felt reassured! Phew… (Laughs). Now, I feel very at ease on stage, my team bonded together around me and so I felt less apprehension… It’s such a beautiful experience that I’m eager to go back and go on stage again. At the Olympia the audience is close whereas at the Zénith the room is so big… I think that it’s my approach of the audience that was different!

Why was Courrèges chosen as your stylist?

A: Courrèges dressed me for “J’ai pas vingt ans !” (ed. note: the pink and blue dresses). I thought that the universe of Courrèges would go well with mine that I wanted to develop outfits on stage that would be full of color, were fresh, and have an almost naïve side… I really wanted stage outfits, not clothes that I would be able to wear in everyday life. The first time I went to try on my outfits, I was impressed because there were hundreds of outfits of all colors. It was like being in a cartoon. I really like this “Alice in Wonderland” aspect of it, all while remaining a woman in a sexy skirt! (Laughs).

Do you feel the desire to share your passions with your fans?

A: Everything I can give, I make a point of giving! But I still try to keep a secret garden and I tell myself that it’s not because I like such and such film, book, or person, that the public has to think the same way. It’s completely OK that they like everything that I do on a professional level. For example, I really like Indochine and their last album, “Paradize”, but I’m not going to go so far as asking the public to like them too…

Tribu_Move_octobre_2004 b and c combined.jpg