i liked her performance
she seemed much more confident than compared to Moscow
maybe b/c she was back in France

i would change the dress though
again with the baggy dresses - wear something tight
show off what god gave you
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
it's fine if she doesn't want to show the stomach but this is taking it kind of extreme don't you think?

it looks like something a toddler wears but in adult size.
I don't think it's that bad, I still think she's cute and sexy in that outfit. I liked the one with stars she wore in Mexico when I very first saw it. But as my reply to this became long and more involved I realized I should post it elsewhere.

Well, at least she still looks cute and sexy in that outfit even if it has come to the point we're thinking ok girl, we know you have a beautiful body and many of us are men and well, you know, help a brother out. Uh, ok that last part just sounded weird but you know what I mean. Get Manzetti to supervise these appearances.

So maybe she feels like it could come to the point where she is going to dress up sexy as part of her job, figuring she can attract more people her way if she does that. Maybe that just really doesn't feel right to her and maybe she doesn't want to get to the point where what she is doing is riding on that and she gets compared to other sexy women and she might as well be doing playboy. Well, ok, that reaction would be an over-reaction, but generally speaking I think there's a little of that here and it is a little bit valid. So, maybe that's why she's not pursuing a campaign of trying to look sexy and I would agree with that, but at the same time: put on something that shows yourself off more. You're willing to wear high heels all the time, how about something a little slinky sometimes?

Ok, I guess we have to realize that she's going to do what feels right to her (like us discussing it is going to change anything anyway). If she feels like dressing up in something sexy, she will. She has. If she likes something else, she'll wear that. I mean, it's like you see her about to go on stage and you say, hold up, you can't wear that. And she's like, what do you mean, I like this. And you're like, no no, you need to wear something slinky and sexy. And she's like, no, I don't feel like wearing that. And you're like, do it anyway, what's the problem? And she's like screw you I said I don't feel like it! She doesn't want to do that with herself or anyone else.

I agree she shouldn't have to over-think it like I've just done above or do what feels uncomfortable, but yeah, a little something more would be nice. I hope she never looses her "cuteness" though. Not that every outfit should be one way or another.

To my posting question though: frankly, at this point if she actually came up on stage in something like that JEAM outfit, I'd be freaking stunned that she did it, but if she could pull it off, I think I'd like it. I never found anything wrong with it. I mean, she was 18. And even now if she has the body for it... (I'd have to see it to judge that) Is there really something wrong with doing it? Some might say that she's created the expectation that it's out of her character to do it. Does that mean she shouldn't? I don't want to feel like she's suddenly changing her character and not being genuine (what ever that means), but I think if I saw her like that and looked confused, she could just give me a certain confident and amused look and she could instantly convince me that it's cool. Although, I wouldn't look confused, just stunned.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I say she should, and she'll need time to realize that there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm a man, but i'm not afraid to come onstage playing a pink guitar dressed like David Lee Roth.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

For a while she was wearing a lot of those corset dresses and strapless things. But I can understand not wanting to wear something like that for that particular recording.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Faded into Gray

I'm actually more attracted to her if she wore pants. Dresses are classy and all, and I wouldn't mind them, but casual shows her rocking side!

(As long as they're not those patched up Jérémy jeans )
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

The only thing I don't like about this new style and well, the image for the whole tour is its too reminiscent of Gwen Stefani and the whole Alice in Wonderland type thing.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Faded into Gray

Well, she did state she liked Gwen Stefani in a recent interview...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I say she should, and she'll need time to realize that there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm a man, but i'm not afraid to come onstage playing a pink guitar dressed like David Lee Roth.
- man, you had me laughing there, and then I realized you were serious, not that there's anything wrong with that.

And, pants are ok in some case. She's come out looking smoking hot in jeans before, but I do like dresses. Yeah, she certainly has worn some sexy dresses too this year, but I think we all get the point of those complaining about these "baggy shirt" dresses. Maybe she's just wearing stuff that's appropriate to the season too.

She has stated multiple times that she likes Gwen Stephani. I've never seen Gwen wearing anything like that though. It's more like I usually see her wearing something tight that often shows off her mid section quite a bit, though something kind of weird usually, though I haven't been paying any attention for quite a while.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Jeam suit please
Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

muttonchops80 is on a distinguished road

She may have become pretty conservative in her time off-stage. She's a wife and mother now, I got friends that when they had their kids they went from party girls to Joan Clever almost overnight. I think part of it is that she doesn't want her daughter to grow up seeing her dressed up in skimpy outfits with thousands of leering men. And yes, some of us do leer. It also, just could be a phase. Alizee isn't 30, she's 23 almost 24. Some new parents go a bit over the top with their decisions in everything where their kids might become involved. I still think the best physical part of her is her legs. Just awesome. As long as I can see those, I'm happy.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Max is on a distinguished road

She certainly likes outfits without a waist.

Even in En Concert she had one, so it's not something new.