Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road
Default New album 2012 - Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I just wonder how long it would have been sustainable.. at least sustainable at the expense of Alizee's personal life and happiness. MCE didn't sell a much as G I don't think. Her audience was growing up. You look at Miley, Britanny, Cristie A, all of these stars had to pay some personal price to maintain their stardom. Alize has always said she was a provincial girl from a little island, not the big mega star that they made her into. Also the music industry collapsed, with the growth of youtube. In fact I'm sure a lot more people listen to alizee than there are album buyers. that would not have been as easily as possible during the pre-youtube years of Alizee's first two albums..

would i have loved to have hear more of M&L's produced Alizee albums? Sure! But not at the cost of her happiness.

I mean do you really see Alizee following the trend of these misfits parading around int heir underwear because that what they think sells music?

I think this post from wildfire is very good to start this topic.
"Do I really want Alizée dancing around in her underwear because thats what they think sells music?"
Well, it depends. If she is happy to go with that, why not?
If the music is good and blends well with a revealing outfit, why not?
You compare her with Britney, Miley and Lady Gaga, but there are more female artists that have a sexy image without having to roll seminaked in the floor: Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue, Lana del Rey...
Besides, she showed everybody this year at Les Enfoires that she can be and act sexy with just her singing, her movements, and her face, regardless of what she is wearing.

She has to find the balance and the right formula. Image will be very important, and a very good first single too. I know it is easy to judge now, but I think Psychedelices had a lot of potential. It had two or three songs good enough to be in the charts, there was expectation from the media being her comeback... but poor decisions on her image and the selection of the singles (PLP hello?) made that album not as successful as it could be.
For UEDS I am convinced she was happy with the product and doing what she wanted, but we know what happened and the fact that she is not following that music path tell us something.
That tell us that maybe she does not want to be an "indie" artist that much. She is targeting the new album for "a wider audience" so I reckon she wants to go to the mainstream route again.
In my opinion her Twitter activity and her recent attitude about the latest rumors about her life confirm that desire of her.

And thats why I think this album could be her last one. If she is aiming for the big audience and fails, there is a realistic possibility that we dont have more music from her. I can see her being fed up with the music industry and retiring, having another child, opening a dance academy in Ajaccio or something like that.
So I hope everything goes right and her new album is successful. I would really like to see her doing concerts again. She still have loyal fans but we are too few and too spread around the world to have the possibility of going on Tour.

So what are your expectations? What do we want from the new album?
Would we be happy if she is a big success again but we hate the album and feel that she "sold her soul"?
Would we be happy if we love the album but it is a complete fail in commercial terms?

We all want happiness for Alizée. But we see her hiatus time as a mistake. Even if she was happy at the time. Didn´t we all want her happiness? Why we complain then?
What do we want?