Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I submit a hypothetical third friend - one who has an idea of exactly what Alizee wants to do with her career, how far she wants to take it, her priorities, and her goals. This hypothetical friend doesn't like her tattoos, but like the other two understands the fact that Alizee can basically do as she pleases with them.

Considering these factors, the hypothetical third friend is honest - they tell her that personally they don't like the tattoos. Here is what makes this friend different from the other two: they realize that there is no use trying to make Alizee change her mind or talk some sense into her because she is not only stubborn, but at an age where you're pretty much developed and experienced enough to know who you are and what you like. That being said, they wish Alizee the best and walk away from the situation, knowing that while they don't necessarily agree with her choices, they can't do anything to change them and should let Alizee make her own mistakes and leave the situation alone.

To me, that is the ideal friend. Friend A isn't doing her any good because nobody can improve or grow when surrounded by yes-men; friend B was good to be brutally honest with her, but the slapping and the insults were uncalled for. In both situations I'm certain Alizee will not change her mind about what she's doing, but in scenario B she's left with a bad impression because, well.. she got slapped. For doing what she wants. Maybe the violence would have been acceptable if she were physically hurting someone else, but her decisions affect no one but Alizee.

You used someone throwing a bucket of paint over the Mona Lisa; in this instance it would be the artist destroying his own work. Yes, it's a shame a beautiful work of art was lost, but in the end the only person who should have a say in what an artist does with his art is the artist himself. If he doesn't get the final say on what should and shouldn't happen to his own property, then who on earth does?
Your wisdom is beyond your years! You would have been the ideal friend for Alizee. In fairness though, I was not presented a third friend!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It didn't have to be a physical slap in the face, it could have been a verbal slap in the face. It really doesn't matter.

You are absolutely right that Alizee is stubborn, but it is a stubborness that will see an early end to her career, if it didn't already end in 2004.

If she wont change her mind, if she wont adapt and improvise, then as she lived by the sword, her career will die by the sword and we'll have to admire her for sticking to her guns. But if she wants some more income, it wont be through singing.

You are also right in saying the only person who should have a say in what an artist does with his art or in this case her art is an artist themself, but in a case like that, it's usually a case of an artist knowing what they are doing and I have no doubt that she has no idea what she is doing.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Friend B2, also knows they mean a lot to her and doesn't want to hurt her feeliings, but realizes that someone like Lorrie, who is a beautiful woman, has the type of beauty that is a dime a dozen. There's probably a million other women in this world who look just like her. But the beauty of Alizee is a unique beauty; a one of a kind type of beauty. She stands out like a rose in a field full of daisies. Daisies are pretty flowers; but they are no rose.

So friend B2 again, certainly doesn't want to hurt her feelings , but feels she is hurting her career and her love life, maybe even her family, so goes up to Alizee, knowing they might be losing the most wonderful friend in the world and yells at the top of their voice: " Don't you realize what you are doing or appreciate what you have? Sure it's your body and you have the right to do with it what ever you please, but what you are doing, especially to the extent you are doing it, is like someone throwing a bucket of paint over the Mona Lisa. A work of art is lost for ever...[pause]... Please look DEEPLY at your motivations."

Friend B2 walks away; tears flowing down his (her) face; not knowing if they have done the right thing; not knowing if they have lost a treasured friend forever, but risking to lose the most beloved friend a person could ever ask for, for the sake of doing something they feel had to be done.

... Works for me.

Last edited by Rev; 02-05-2013 at 02:42 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
But friend B also wanted Alizee to continue working with Mylene and LB, which may be good for her career but would make her life miserable! So, the question is: What's more important?

An Alizee who's not as popular as before but continues to make a decent living and is very happy and satisfied with her life?
or
An Alizee who's widely popular but miserable deep down inside?

So, I guess in the end, I'd have to choose friend A who puts Alizee's happiness above his.

This post can also be applied to this thread:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...514#post236514
I agree!! Forget about MF & LB... She's better without them. No matter the sales and the charts... Now she can be herself at least.