Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 04:30 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Its starting to be more and more crazy here... you guys are to much interested in her private life, maybe more than she...

If she is still married with Jeremy or not, or the marriage was somehow annuled, its her thing. It will make a drastic change in your life or what? ...

Then... we know she is religious, at least there were some signs to think that. That she is wearing a cross is not a 100% sign. Many people are wearing cross as part of fashion accessory, it has nothing to do with religion anymore today. Personally I believe she is religious, but in her own way... as many other people. And sometimes the own way is better than the "traditional" way.

And last... I fully understand why Jenny doesnt like that Nazi thing

Last edited by Lucas; 04-22-2015 at 04:34 AM..
Old 04-22-2015, 11:56 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Do you still think the same way as when you were 16?
No. When I was 16 I had dreams and illusions how my life would be in 10 years. No I'm 11 years older and know how silly I was thinking that miracles would actually happen.

Joke aside, you've a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Any information on the Internet or in the news concerning a public figure is in the public domain and fair game for discussion. For instance when a young woman asked Bill Clinton--who at the time was President of the United States--whether he wore boxers or briefs, that was played in the mainstream media. You might find that vulgar and inappropriate but it was out there and being discussed by the public. You could take the high road and choose not to dirty yourself with the issue, but that won't change the fact that it's out there and of interest to a lot of people. In addition to freedom of speech there is a question whether sweeping an issue under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist is a healthy thing to do. Is it a good idea to turn Alizee into a religious icon who can never be associated with the profane or criticized as less then perfect?
I have read your answer 10 times already I and still don't know what on earth you are implying or what you think that I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
You could take the high road and choose not to dirty yourself with the issue, but that won't change the fact that it's out there and of interest to a lot of people. In addition to freedom of speech there is a question whether sweeping an issue under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist is a healthy thing to do. Is it a good idea to turn Alizee into a religious icon who can never be associated with the profane or criticized as less then perfect?
Woah easy there. I never said anything like this. Sweeping this under the rug??? Worshipping Alizée like she never made any mistakes??? Please tell me WHERE exactly I said anything like this. Or maybe better not. I think I'm doing something wrong on this website because you're the second person in this thread that reads things into my posts I never said and I don't want that to happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She may have already done it, just not in Las Vegas. She could have had a lawyer involved and had it taken care of in New York the last time they were there, for example.
It could be on the NY trip, it could have been long before, who knows. But I agree with you.

By the way how does a divorce work in the US? In the movies it always seems like you only have to get the right papers and sign them and send them to the right authority but is it really that easy? Because in Germany people have to go to a lawyer - better two -, the lawyer sends a petition to court that his party wants to get a divorce, later there's a hearing at court and then you get the divorce degree that you're divorced so you can get married again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Its starting to be more and more crazy here... you guys are to much interested in her private life, maybe more than she...
Yeah, it's weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
And last... I fully understand why Jenny doesnt like that Nazi thing
Thank you very much!
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 04-22-2015 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: "sign", not "sigh"
Old 04-22-2015, 12:27 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Problem with New York is they don't make the records available on the Internet.

Clark County NV all you have to do is go to the Family Court web page and do a search for divorces using the last name.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

Sometimes I think we are constantly talking at cross-purposes Scruffy.
What has been happening reminds me of some of the big battles that used to take place in here and I'm sending you a pm concerning that and hopefully it will be the end of it....................................sidebar!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don't think this subject is worth a battle. So far it is all speculation with no real information or facts to go on. It seems the possibilities to me are either she has already divorced, is planning on divorcing, or has decided not to divorce Jeremy in the USA. Depending on what she decides to do in the future as far as getting married again, she may never need to divorce Jeremy.

Speaking for myself, if I was married in another country and planned to marry again, I would get a divorce in that country first. If I ever wanted to go there again, I would not want to be at odds with their legal system, or be open to being accused of being married to two people at the same time. It's really not the kind of situation you want to be in when you make your living in the public eye. Of course I can't speak for Alizée.

If I remember right, Alizée once said in an interview that she was only considered married in Nevada. It's possible she didn't realize that it was valid in the whole country. Could she possibly be unaware of it to this day? Or possibly she will cross that bridge when she comes to it. In any case, it seems all we have is our speculations.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

The press can be sneaky. They will watch Twitter for example, and if people (fans or haters) start to post things like "Oh, she is jealous and wouldn't let Gregoire participate" the media will write an article like "Alizée's fans are distraught she that made Gregoire leave DALS," They will show a handful of tweets they found on Twitter all saying "she must be jealous" and then that is out there.

The press don't have to make things up, so they avoid being sued. They just report word for word what people are saying on Twitter, and there you have a sensationalized article to draw in the readers' clicks. The general public only remembers the headlines.

I'm just saying this to point out that the media doesn't always need real facts about Alizée to make a negative article.

Florida has statewide records on-line. I looked last night and didn't find anything. I also checked my state, but no Jacoteys appeared. Unless someone stumbles upon a record, I don't expect there will ever be any confirmation one way or the other about a US divorce. Probably they researched which states do not make the records public and chose one of those states. I don't think she would marry Gregoire without taking care of this detail.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
The press can be sneaky. They will watch Twitter for example, and if people (fans or haters) start to post things like "Oh, she is jealous and wouldn't let Gregoire participate" the media will write an article like "Alizée's fans are distraught she that made Gregoire leave DALS," They will show a handful of tweets they found on Twitter all saying "she must be jealous" and then that is out there.
Any news establishment that uses fan tweets as a source and masquerades it as legitimate journalism should be banned from the internet forever. You can tell whatever story you want by cherry picking inflammatory tweets while ignoring everything else. And who's to say that the tweets weren't created by the very same people who are writing the articles? Nothing. It's not journalism, it's glorified blogging, and they should feel like inadequate human beings for it.

/rant
Old 04-23-2015, 12:24 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By the way how does a divorce work in the US? In the movies it always seems like you only have to get the right papers and sign them and send them to the right authority but is it really that easy? Because in Germany people have to go to a lawyer - better two -, the lawyer sends a petition to court that his party wants to get a divorce, later there's a hearing at court and then you get the divorce degree that you're divorced so you can get married again....
What is interesting about United States law is that it is exactly that - laws of the 50 states.

We have Federal law, but each State can also make it's own laws. Federal law is intentionally silent in areas where it is recognized that State laws should be respected.

In matters of marriage and divorce, each State is allowed to have it's laws control. Therefore, we do not have one standard for marriage - we have 50. The same is true for divorce. Federal law only comes into play to say a marriage in one State is valid in all States.

One of the reasons so many people get married in Las Vegas, Nevada is that the laws there permit very easy marriages. You go, fill out a little paperwork, and get married. For a little extra money you can even be married by an Elvis lookalike.

Edit:

http://gracelandchapel.reachlocal.net/

Last edited by Rev; 04-23-2015 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Florida has statewide records on-line. I looked last night and didn't find anything. I also checked my state, but no Jacoteys appeared. Unless someone stumbles upon a record, I don't expect there will ever be any confirmation one way or the other about a US divorce. Probably they researched which states do not make the records public and chose one of those states. I don't think she would marry Gregoire without taking care of this detail.
Ray, don't forget to check on "Chatelain" also.

Jacotey is her maiden name, and Chatelain is her married name.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ray, thanks for all the work you've put in on this.

Edit:

Quote:
I don't understand why you are always coming back to this. Who says that she didn't take care of this a long time ago? I'm sure she did, every sane woman would. Especially when she has a new boyfriend. It's not like she has to tell us the exact date when she went to court to get a divorce.
How do you interpret this statement as something other than--Please stop talking about this, it's really none of your business.

"Who says that she didn't take care of this..." makes the supposition that Alizee has taken care of the divorce when we don't know that for a fact. It hasn't been nailed down one way or another. To raise the question again in the hopes that someone has more definitive information is a perfectly valid thing to do.

Quote:
and it was totally necessary to post this link because...?
Again it's difficult to interpret this statement as something other than, If it's not absolutely necessary to talk about this, why do you bring up unpleasantries? Please stop talking about these things.

My point is that we have a right to discuss whatever is bugging us, and we should not have to lock up our thoughts and feelings for fear of offending your sensibilities.

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-23-2015 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
alizee, engaged, engagement, gregoire, public.fr, rumor