Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default Grand Central

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1)This song doesn't mean that much to me. It just makes me feel good but I don't notice it when I hear it.

2)I never really thought this was going to be a huge favorite on the album and let alone a candidate for the next single. I didn't really care for it much at first. But I just now looked at the lyrics. Looking at the lyrics and hearing the song just boosted my respect and love for this song. It has grown on me in these past few seconds and I now have an urge to read the story of Edie Sedgwick because of it. I love this song alot now because it has bright lyrics with a mysterious feel to the song.

3)I like the lyrics to this song and the meaning it has behind it. She pulled it off very well and this is now one of my favorites. I started to notice this is the JPVA of Une Enfant du Siécle. There is nothing about it I don't like except that it is a dark tone to a bright song.

4)It is very good from a musical point of view. I love the bass it gives out on my stereo. The jingle adds so much to the intro. I love how it switches in between a dark pitch and a bright pitch when she does the "la la la"

Last edited by User22; 06-25-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

My favorite song on the album for sure.

1 and 2) No idea what it means. As I've said, lyrics rarely interest me (lyrics =/= singing). I really like the music and composition.

3 and 4) This song is probably the only song on the album that I thoroughly enjoy the percussion. It's not hardcore-techno drum sounds, I really appreciate that. The whole bridge of the song, especially the piano and the "lalala's" I just LOVE. I don't know, perfect song for the most part, I just hope she can handle the singing of it live, as a video of her performing it early on wasn't too promising... Anyway, this song certainly contrasts hugely with the wretched "Une Fille Difficile."
Old 06-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
3 and 4) This song is probably the only song on the album that I thoroughly enjoy the percussion. It's not hardcore-techno drum sounds, I really appreciate that. The whole bridge of the song, especially the piano and the "lalala's" I just LOVE. I don't know, perfect song for the most part, I just hope she can handle the singing of it live, as a video of her performing it early on wasn't too promising... Anyway, this song certainly contrasts hugely with the wretched "Une Fille Difficile."
I'd have to say that I agree that this is the JPVA of UEDS. It is a great rhythm and her singing is amazing. I too hope she will be able to pull it off live. And I mean come on they both have La La La and La Na Na. They are pretty much similar haha.

But I disagree Une Fille Difficile is wretched. I can't tell if you are saying you hate it but yah....Une Filllllle Difficile is the best "electro" song on the album, just because it sounds like a song that would be in the credits of a japanese game.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Definately my favorite on the album too. This and Eden Eden are my most favorite from the album.

When first hearing the song, I heard the percussion and the beat. I just absolutely loved it. I love a good beat. And then she started singing... then I was just like, "Yep! I think this is my favorite on the album!". It was just so catchy. I just love everything in the song. The singing, the beat and percussion, the piano is beautiful, and the music is excellent. I love the "la la la" and especially the "ba da da dup, ba da dup, daa dup" part. And when she sings the "Grand Central / Grand Central" parts, I just love it. And the "J’ai faim, mon dieu, j’ai faim" part, of course, I love it too. I don't know that I could pick a favorite part of this song. I just love all of it.

And that slight little jingle in the background... Just like "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", makes me want her to do a christmas album even more . Quit teasing me Alizée!

Its a very catchy song and has an excellent beat. I can listen to it anytime, all the time, and multiple times on repeat. Its got that uppity, happy mood to it and its just nice and chill.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
And that slight little jingle in the background... Just like "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", makes me want her to do a christmas album even more . Quit teasing me Alizée!
YES!! I'm glad it's not just me who thinks those two songs have Christmas... vibes.

As for Grand Central, similar to AI, it was the first song that caught my eye (or ear ) on the album, mostly because of its strong and memorable beat. Since then it's been overtaken by a few songs in terms of my favourites, but it's still up there.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 PM

I totally agree that it sounds Christmasy! The jingle is awesome!

Tags
alizee, discussion, grand central, song, ueds