Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

My feelings are very much like CleverCowboy. I found the urban music grating: all the obscenity, drugs, and violence. And then Alizee. She was like stepping in from the war zone. Having discovered her, I looked into other French pop stars and discovered a new world: Sage Gainsbourg, Johnny Hallyday, Vanessa Paradis, Patrick Fiori, Lara Fabian, Jacques Brel, Indila, Stromae, Mireille Mathieu, Louane, Zaz, Michel Sardou, Shy'm, and others. I don't think Alizee has to make it huge in the International market. There's a lot of room in the middle ground where she can make a comfortable living. Although she has been out in the cold for a number of years, she still has a decent fan base. I think she could do very well with songs like Ma Priére, Ella Elle, and il Jouait Du Piano Debout. You watch her audiences, they are very responsive. Men, women, children, and old people, they all adore her. She doesn't have to debase herself the way Milley Cyrus has. I agree the tattoos are not an asset. They're so bloody juvenile, but they are what they are, and her fans love her anyway. The tats are not a show stopper. I would love to know why she just stopped singing. What is going on there? She must have been seriously hurt some way.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I would love to know why she just stopped singing. What is going on there? She must have been seriously hurt some way.
So would I. So would a lot of her fans.

Her lack of communication with her fans has really hurt her career, in my opinion. I would accept and respect if she posted an open message to her fans that she is done singing and wants to concentrate on the dance studio and her family. If that is not the case, then a message saying she hasn't decided yet. The point is, something.

If she truly is reserved and introverted, I can understand how hard it is to put yourself out there publicly. I myself am an introvert, and being an IT guy, I can get away with it. Not sure if she should though. I've read the posts on this forum way back when Alizee went into seclusion for three years. Some people were really getting pissed off because they didn't know if she was going to put a new record out, and if so, when. She learned the hard way that if you lose that relationship with your fans, many will drop off and never come back.

I imagine she has been inundated with marriage proposals and sexual harassment from fans and those she comes in contact with since early on. Maybe it makes sense for her to not say much. I don't know. I've already prepared myself for her to not put any more music out, but hope it will happen. Either way, I will remain a fan of hers.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I had just posted this interview to FB from 2001, where they are complaining about the fact that they weren't granting any interviews and keeping 'Alizee' a secret, so I think her not communicating with her fans was something that was drilled into her by MF. She is also naturally kind of shy which adds to the secrecy.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I had just posted this interview to FB from 2001, where they are complaining about the fact that they weren't granting any interviews and keeping 'Alizee' a secret, so I think her not communicating with her fans was something that was drilled into her by MF. She is also naturally kind of shy which adds to the secrecy.
Thanks for posting the vid, Scruffy. Very interesting. Certainly the air of mystery and secrecy surrounding Alizee worked like a charm back in her early days. MF knew exactly what she was doing.

She is free from MF now. Alizee's sales for the last three albums tell an important story. Might as well add Psyche as well, because it didn't do so great either. If she is secret because she wants to be, that is one thing. If she remains secret because she is sticking with the formula that MF had for her, well... it's not working anymore.

I think if she started communicating with her fans and does some interviews, and yes, answer some of the tough questions he would have to face, her popularity would soar.