Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Too dim? I dont know what you mean by that.............?
Aren't 3D movies darker than 2D movies? I find it hard to like movies when it's dim. My eyesight is not very good and maybe that's the main reason for that.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Aren't 3D movies darker than 2D movies? I find it hard to like movies when it's dim. My eyesight is not very good and maybe that's the main reason for that.
Oh that was something I was not aware of ... I have only seen 1 3d movie that being tron.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Oh that was something I was not aware of ... I have only seen 1 3d movie that being tron.
Quote:
5. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT 3-D SEEMS A LITTLE DIM? Lenny Lipton is known as the father of the electronic stereoscopic-display industry. He knows how films made with his systems should look. Current digital projectors, he writes, are “intrinsically inefficient. Half the light goes to one eye and half to the other, which immediately results in a 50 percent reduction in illumination.” Then the glasses themselves absorb light. The vast majority of theaters show 3-D at between three and six foot-lamberts (fLs). Film projection provides about 15fLs. The original IMAX format threw 22fLs at the screen. If you don’t know what a foot-lambert is, join the crowd. (In short: it’s the level of light thrown on the screen from a projector with no film in it.) And don’t mistake a standard film for an IMAX film, or “fake IMAX” for original IMAX. What’s the difference? IMAX is building new theaters that have larger screens, which are quite nice, but are not the huge IMAX screens and do not use IMAX film technology. But since all their theaters are called IMAX anyway, this is confusing.
Personally my experience with 3D movies haven't been very good so far. Apart from movies being dim, wearing 2 pair of glasses isn't always comfortable either.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Apart from movies being dim, wearing 2 pair of glasses isn't always comfortable either.
Same. It feels awkward and I often have to position it in such a way so that the 3D glasses don't keep slipping off. Very annoying and I always end up taking them off halfway through the film.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q