Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
You see, talent and passion are different things. En Concert and TV performances including Gourmandises, J'en Ai Marre, A Contre Courant are examples of her talents while Jérémy Chatelain and DALS are examples of her passions. Sometimes a passion yields good results but, as history has shown, it's not so in the case of Alizée. When good people are around her, such as Farmer and Boutonnat, they can give good advices on directing her energy in the right way (this applies to many aspects, including the style of dances), but when her passion brings her under control of such persons as Jérémy and Chris Marques, they just manipulate her.
Why do you say that dals is not the case of a good result?
She won the show, set the record for the first week score (maybe more than one), opened a successful dancing school, which shows how capable people consider her, and above all she is extremely good at share her feelings and emotions while dancing. I think this is the best she could ever get, because it's too late for her to be a ballerina in Paris or Rome. Obviously she has not the same success of a singer, but this is true for every dancer.

Quote:
Why is she passion-ruled?

Despite this and also her dedication to dance music, she realized that this is not a reason to throw her singing career out, marry her partner from the show and open a dance school with him . Her real talent is singing and Sophie was smart enough to understand this.

She still sings, records new albums and gives concert tours. She also dances well, but the style of her dancing during concerts has nothing to do with the styles practised at Strictly Come Dancing.
I think this is the core of the question: the objective of someone's life. She didn't take part in dals in order to learn new dances to use for her choreographies, it is something completely different.
Now Alizée has so much experience and money that she can do everything she wants with her life. And the same may apply for Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
So it is not a matter of "how do I get more success and more money?", but the point is "now I can choose what to do in my life, but what makes me happier?"
So, yeah Alizée could make new albums, play a part in a TV show or a movie and so on, but the fact is that for now she has no interest in taking advantage of what this business may offer.
In this world there are people that find their happiness in money and fame, while others look for just a safe place called home, where they can be themselves and feel beloved. I think Alizée belongs to the last category. Maybe the same goes for Sophie Ellis-Bextor but her biggest passion coincides with her biggest talent. Who knows?
Obviously, as you said, a new album does not rule out her happiness, but, if she doesn't make it, there is certainly a reason. And I don't think it is that she is not smart. To be honest, if what I see is the truth, I think she has probably found her nirvana.

Edit:

Quote:
Somehow the singing career does not preclude her from enjoying a family life. She has 5 children with her husband, whom she married in 2005, and even sometimes performs on the stage being pregnant:
Yes, but it depends on what kind of person you consider. Alizée can barely be without Annily for 2 weeks. And this kind of job takes a lot of time from you. I can understand her feelings because I think my mother is really similar to her from this point of view: if she could, she would never let me go on a holiday with my friends or go out with them on Saturday evening. Lol

And anyway I think that Alizée influenced Greg more than he did to her. Grégoire was one of most famous TV dancer of France, I think he took part in a lot of world and European competitions. If I remember correctly he was semifinalist of a world dance competition but he ended up opening a dance studio in an island nobody, a part from his wife, cares about... They chose love instead of fame. They already have money. To me, they made the best choice of their life

Last edited by Aragorn97; 09-27-2019 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sophie and her partner were ranked fourth in the show. I regard this as a success, considering they were eliminated 12th on 21 December (with 10 pairs in total and the winners announced on 23 November in the French version). Despite this and also her dedication to dance music, she realized that this is not a reason to throw her singing career out, marry her partner from the show and open a dance school with him . Her real talent is singing and Sophie was smart enough to understand this.

She still sings, records new albums and gives concert tours. She also dances well, but the style of her dancing during concerts has nothing to do with the styles practised at Strictly Come Dancing.

Somehow the singing career does not preclude her from enjoying a family life. She has 5 children with her husband, whom she married in 2005, and even sometimes performs on the stage being pregnant:

Of course, I don't want for Alizée to run to the stage and sing right now, this was just an example of a woman who knows what is her talent and what are her passions.
Certainly this woman is multi-talented and successful and has been able to juggle her career and family. I read her husband is in a band and collaborate on some projects. This is great for them, and I would think if Alizee had a vision for her future when she married Jeremy, it would be something similar. However, a few bad decisions derailed her singing career which she has never recovered.

This has been a topic of another thread, but we talked about the difficulty in becoming and staying successful in France as a musical artist. The taste for international artists is so strong in France that the government imposed a law that radio stations must play a certain percent of their music from native artists (somewhere around 30%). The French artists that start off strong have difficulty maintaining that level. Take Louane, an attractive young woman who's debut album did extremely well. She made some good videos to go along with it. Second album was a big disappointment in sales. Even Shy'm, who was extremely popular five or six years ago, her latest album sold as many as Blonde and had to cancel concerts.

The French are quite fickle when it comes to their home-grown artists.. unless your name is Mylene.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:08 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Why do you say that dals is not the case of a good result?
She won the show, set the record for the first week score (maybe more than one), opened a successful dancing school, which shows how capable people consider her
It means nothing to me. I consider this just a waste of time. Neither the audience of DALS nor its judges represent a cross-section of society. How can we measure a success, after all? You can ask several people in your country what do they know about Alizée. Some of them will tell you that they haven't heard of her at all. Of those who do know her, the vast majority, I guess, will say that she is a French singer. And only few of them will say that she participated in some dancing reality show. There is even a simpler way: run the following search query on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ee&sp=CAM%253D

The first result relevant to DALS will be on the 18th place. What are even more interesting are the most popular comments to the most popular videos. They reflect what main details people see in this videos. The most popular comments to J'en Ai Marre are

Quote:
I am pretty sure this is the greatest thing ever committed to video. It should go into the space capsule we send up to share our civilization with aliens.
Quote:
This is my favourite song even though I’m deaf
so, yes,

Quote:
she is extremely good at share her feelings and emotions while dancing.
with one reservation: this applies to the pre-DALS era. When you move on to DALS videos, you'll notice that people are mainly blaming her for the tattoos or consider such things as this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5fYy-4Rbs&t=94s

as the best parts where she shares her feelings and emotions
Old 09-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It means nothing to me.
What is more important to you - what Alizee wants for her life or what you want for Alizee's life?
Old 09-28-2019, 03:44 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

I said it before: it is not a matter of success and fame but of what she wants for her life. At least that's what we see now.
Moreover, as far as I'm concerned, if she doesn't care about what people want her to do, I'm proud and even happier of her. Because it means that she has no fear of being herself. And when you are famous, this is not always taken for granted.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
What is more important to you - what Alizee wants for her life or what you want for Alizee's life?
I'm quite concerned where her passions might take her. You see, a depression caused by falling from the top is a bad thing...

Quote:
I said it before: it is not a matter of success and fame but of what she wants for her life. At least that's what we see now.
Moreover, as far as I'm concerned, if she doesn't care about what people want her to do, I'm proud and even happier of her. Because it means that she has no fear of being herself. And when you are famous, this is not always taken for granted.
Yes, I have even added a song to the appropriate thread. It seems that it is the only song that she sings nowadays.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I think it depends on one’s definition of “success.” Maybe for some it means being the first name to come up on a Google search...or widespread fame in many countries...or oodles of money...and for others maybe it means doing what you love and being happy. Each person has their own personal definition of success. We can debate if Alizée is “successful” using various narrow parameters for the definition. But as long as she is living her life the way she chooses—and is happy—I would say that is “success” in her world.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I think it depends on one’s definition of “success.” Maybe for some it means being the first name to come up on a Google search...or widespread fame in many countries...or oodles of money...and for others maybe it means doing what you love and being happy. Each person has their own personal definition of success. We can debate if Alizée is “successful” using various narrow parameters for the definition. But as long as she is living her life the way she chooses—and is happy—I would say that is “success” in her world.
I would consider Alizee a success even in my own definition of it.

In a world obsessed with making lots of money and being famous, Alizee is a breath of fresh air.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Well said! We all have different definitions of success. Until Dals came along, I'm sure Alizee questioned her own level of success. She was an international star with MF/LB and when she left them......not so much. Dals brought her a huge level of success in a way that matters to her most, with her family.

I look at how Alizee said she was teased in school about her glasses. Do you think kids today are any different, at least at the time when Alizee was going through her failures, post MF?

Annily wasn't around for the great success of MCE/Gour, but she was around for the failures of UEDS/5 and Blonde and I have to wonder that even though with Blonde, Annily was at still at a relatively young age (8), I wonder if other kids around her, might have teased her about her mom's failures? Then Dals came along and Annily had bragging rights and I think that was incredibly important to Alizee.

The success of her in the eyes of the world meant little to Alizee. The success of her in the eyes of her daughter meant everything.

Alizee crushing Annily 2.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-29-2019 at 02:48 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 03:30 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Alizee appears happier than ever. That's all the success I wish for her. She has given enough.