Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
oh man, not "BEP" they are the worst group ever. damn, last years SB Halftimeshow was horrible.
Haha.. well they were great back then and that's a great song with a great message!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

But not her style.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
oh man, not "BEP" they are the worst group ever. damn, last years SB Halftimeshow was horrible.
So true.

You know, someday I'd like to hear Alizée sing the blues. Not necessarily a sad song, she's done that plenty. But I mean The Blues. The classic, 12-bar, southern/urban, American art form that is The Blues. The Blues them what is the basis for all of Rock. (And Roll.) The Blues, people. If she cain't sing the blues, no American people of any quality ever gonna believe that little French girl actually got any soul.

__________________________________________________ _

<---Fig. A.: Soulless ginger person.
__________________________________________________ _

I'm not saying she should cover Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker (or try to sound like Howlin' Wolf or Willie Dixon), but I seriously believe she could do some Billie Holiday or Sarah Vaughan kinda stuff. And do some damage with it. Like if she did "Ain't Nobody's Business", like, I'd be in the E.R.

--And loving it.

In closing, The Blues. It's what made all the difference for The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Animals, and countless other bands that were searching for a hook, and a ticket across the pond. The lack-of-the-blues is why Madonna still sucks, and why Mick would never even be seen at the same party with her. If you ain't done the blues, you ain't even done your homework, that's how I see it.

Okay, Alizée is still a goddess, no matter what style she sings, I have to admit.

But she should really try some blues on. She might like 'em!

Edit:

Here's a nice example. Joni. Blue Motel Room. Try it on.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-KbwLfAgbU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Chuck; 12-13-2011 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-EXclbNuXSc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I'd love to hear her do this
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 PM

le chat des Etats is on a distinguished road

I would like to hear her do Kiss Your Tears Away, from the Smithereens' album 11. It's sung from the perspective of a guy saying goodbye to his girlfriend, but could easily be tweaked to be a mother saying goodbye to a child.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Cat from the States, welcome! Smithereens are cool, that is true. But Cee-Lo! From Fall-O! I'll have to go with "Fool For You", for those and any number of other reasons. Most of all, 'cause it's the blues. So it's good.

ps Howdy to Fall-0! Good to see you making an appearance here again!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:59 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Cool Beat it!

i would like to entertain the notion of her doing an attempable choice as michael jacksons legendary beat it. be nice for her to show new emotions and have her really get her m.j. on, see how good her dancing is. if she even still uses it.

i t would be so kew if she did the beat it part and doing the eye look and rapid breathing into the camera like jackson did.

another one i thought of her doing is diana rosses 'like a symphony' should watch that first and imagine alizee doing the lyrics as her.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I know it's Korean.. but still, Lee Hyori's songs Alizéeified? Awesomeness in it's most pure form.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UDVzsIQmFc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's sexy, but not in the lolita sense, but darker than Psychedelices while lighter than UEDS.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think this will be perfect for Alizee range as well as her sweet voice!

Kiss Me - By Sixpence None the Richer
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqs_LifB1AU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I think this will be perfect for Alizee range as well as her sweet voice!
Good choice!

May I also suggest...

donna lewis - i love you always forever
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O7NV52UApGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or... there are two versions of this song called "Kiss Kiss" ... the original is from Tarkan in the Turkish Language (called Şımarık; which is "kiss" in turkish) and then there is one from Holly Valance in English called "Kiss Kiss"... Alizée can sooooo make a French version, "baiser"!...

Here is the turkish version by Tarkan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FnTbLnuKCwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the English cover by Holly Valance

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ppl1OQ3QXVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

French version by Alizée...????....

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 12-30-2011 at 03:36 AM..