Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section > DALS

Old 08-21-2015, 07:09 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Shepherd spoke of her emotional vulnerability, her insecurity, her sensitivity, but whenever these traits showed up, one of her strongest traits would also show up and that was her inner strength. Everytime she was brought to tears, she fought through them and did what she had to do and that was never more evident than in DALS episode 2 when they were dancing to the song "J'te le dis quand même". You could see the anguish in her face all through the dance, yet somehow she finished and gave a great performance in the process. Of course when she started talking to talk about her daughter, that was what brought out the most emotions. She toughed it out and struggled on.

A word on the split with MF. I think it did end on bad terms. Alizee liked Jeremy I think partly for what she looked upon as his rebeliousness, but I think most people looked at it more as sarcasm. I can't possibly imagine a meeting between just her, MF and LB in which thery were going to discuss their break up ending up on bad terms unless someone else was there. She was still only 19 or maybe 18 when they first discussed the break up, so she would have needed someone else there to discuss the terms. Who was it? Is it possible Alizee wasn't even there or was it a case of there never was a meeting, she just left!

A word on Greg's dropping out of DALS last year to add a "possible" theory. I was living in Georgia in the late 90s. After getting divorced, I was dating a woman who worked at the same airport I did. A peculiarity about this woman was, if we went somewhere let's say to Atlanta for a night of dancing or went to a ball game or a club, or a party, In certain situations, she'd get real nervous. She would never say a thing, but I could tell in the way she acted and the way she talked and the way she looked. In some cases it was obvious why she'd be nervous such as guys near us getting in a shouting match, but other times, I didn't have a clue as to what was bothering her. But in those situations, whenever I'd ask her if she wanted to go, the words would hardly be out of my mouth before she said yes and she wasn't like that. She loved a good party or staying out late or what ever.

So I kind of wonder if that's what might of happened with A&G. As the time was getting closer for him to join up with his new partner, she was getting nervous. Probably never said a thing, but he knew something was bothering her, yet if he asked her, I'm sure she'd deny it, but inside he knew. She meant more to him than DALS, so he called it off................Just another theory, but it's one I'm leaning towards now because I think if Alizée was asked if she asked Greg to drop out, she would admit it, if she had.

As far as when she was hugging Tal on stage, I agree it shows more than affection and insecurity as well. I also wondered about the song they used on the show too. Just about all the songs are abreviated versions of the original songs. I wonder if in most cases if they just go in and edit the original tracks or do they have to edit the music track and have the singer do another vocal track. I have no idea how they do it. But I suspected that Tal had to or maybe just chose to go back and record another vocal track and there seemed to be a lot of intenisty in this short edition and I suspected Tal put a lot into this and Alizee could tell from listening to it and that may have been part of the over affection. After all, I thought up to this week, Alizee was trailiing and I felt this song was the one that put her in a position to win.

Tags
alizee, dals, subtitles