Old 10-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Where are you MA!!!!!
completely off-topic reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Nice job spotting Mylène, but Alizée is not in the same shot. More proof is needed!
Proof for what?

<object id="wat_2067420" height="270" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.wat.tv/swf2/276564nIc0K112067420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="270" width="480"></object>
Old 10-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Proof for what?
Proof that Alizée and Mylène can exist in the same place at the same time.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post

HOW DID I MISS THAT?! I have watched that video almost every time I have watched En Concert which is almost....I lost count a long time ago

Thanks so much Karin for spotting her! Anyone else have anything?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Came across this recently while having a nose round past NRJ awards videos...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBlLWJnXkUw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

And was surprised to spot Alizée at 1:40... more importantly, who's the lucky bastard who gets to sit next to her?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, thats awesome.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Came across this recently while having a nose round past NRJ awards videos...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBlLWJnXkUw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

And was surprised to spot Alizée at 1:40... more importantly, who's the lucky bastard who gets to sit next to her?

Does anyone know what this award for Mylene was for. Was she still performing while she was managing Alizée's career, or did this award have something to do with the music she wrote for Lily?

EDIT: Well I think I might have found a possible reason for the award. I found this in Wikipedia,

At the end of 2001, and seventeen years into her career, Universal issued Farmer's first greatest hits collection: Les Mots whose title track and lead single, a duet with Seal, became an enormous hit. The music video of the song was the first one directed by Laurent Boutonnat since "Beyond My Control", and borrowed many influences from art. Les Mots was the Nº1 selling album of 2001 and 2002, and remains the best selling greatest hits album in France with more than 1.5 million sold. The album also featured the new tracks and singles, including Top 10 hits "C'est une belle journée" and "Pardonne-moi".

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-25-2011 at 09:07 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Does anyone know what this award for Mylene was for. Was she still performing while she was managing Alizée's career, or did this award have something to do with the music she wrote for Lily?
scruffy, just watching the video (I haven’t done any further research), this seems to be an award for “Artiste féminine francophone de l’année”, so, something like the “Best French-speaking female artist of the year”. It seems to have been awarded by the public, which she thanked. MF is still active to this day.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
scruffy, just watching the video (I haven’t done any further research), this seems to be an award for “Artiste féminine francophone de l’année”, so, something like the “Best French-speaking female artist of the year”. It seems to have been awarded by the public, which she thanked. MF is still active to this day.
Thanks Corsaire. I know she's still active, in fact I started a thread a while back about her recent successes including selling out a concert at an 80,000 seat stadium with in 2 hours of the tickets going on sale. I just wasn't sure if she had been doing anything on her own as far as singing during the time she was managing Alizée.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

She didn't put out any albums of new material during her time with Alizée, the only albums she released were the Mylènium tour live album (released Dec 5th 2000) and the Les Mots best of album (released Nov 26th 2001). It was for Les Mots that she won the female French artist of the year award at NRJ 2002, which is the video above. The next album of new material she released was Avant Que L'Ombre, which was April 4th 2005 - so well after she'd stopped producing for Alizée.

I think producing for Alizée must've impacted greatly on Mylène's work for herself, as she doesn't usually leave 6 years between releasing albums of new material. It is for this reason that I wonder whether, had Alizée and Mylène not split, Mylène's three post-Alizée albums (Avant Que L'Ombre, Point de Suture and now Bleu Noir) would have existed in their present form (or even at all?!)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
It was for Les Mots that she won the female French artist of the year award at NRJ 2002, which is the video above.
Not to get unnecessarily picky, but as I have mentioned the award is for “francophone” (French-speaking) rather than “French” (which would refer to the nationality). For example, artists from Québec who sing in French (like Céline Dion and Garou) have won some of those francophone NRJ Awards.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-26-2011 at 07:50 AM..

Tags
alizee, exist, mylene, search, video