Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section > DALS

Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This looks like a great option Antares and thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I think I will use this site unless I learn of something better. With this first video, I had left out the dance routine in the hope that it would reduce the chances of it getting bagged for CR violations, but you see how far that got me. But for the rest of the videos, where the upload will be encrypted, I think I can go ahead and include the dance routine.

I was thinking about leaving it out anyways to keep the video shorter because this was mainly to see what was said by and about Alizée, but I will listen to see what members here say before deciding to include or not include it in episodes to follow. The good part about this video is it was the top performance of the night, so they reviewed it, which I did include.

I will also add this comment to the initial post.

I paid a young lady named Marguerite to translate these shows. She spent most of her life in Paris and is now living in the states. I found her through a site advertising French tutors who do other translation projects on the side.

I had originally thought to just get just that last show translated, because it was such an incredibly important show in the Alizée story. Then I thought to get the other shows translated and then adding the translations to videos and sharing them. It's not cheap and I never would have done the rest of the videos just for myself, but I thought members here and elsewhere would really enjoy it, so I went for it. It also gave me a project I enjoy working on, at a time when things are kind of slow.

With the 50mn video. We've all seen in print what she had said about the start of her career, but it means so much more and adds so much more enjoyment to watch a video of her and understand what she is saying at the time and to see some of those great facial expression and know exactly what they are about.

So I still have to send off one more disc to get 2 shows translated by Marguerite but these are later shows and I hope to be able to post one show a week in chronological order.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-03-2015 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Thanks. I really enjoyed the video.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffy!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, the translation really brings the beginning to life. For one thing, I didn't know that she thought she would be a short-timer on the show.
Thanks very much.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffydog,

With the translation you get a whole new meaning to her body language during the interview.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:57 AM

Where we can't post a "video" that we can watch in the forum, I decided to try and post a video of stills for those who don't feel it's safe to download videos. Hopefully where it's made of stills, it wont get bagged for CR violations as the video did. I feel having something, even if it's stills, give us a better opportunity to discuss it in the forum.

The hardest part for this was finding audio for it. I wanted to have a song that lasted for the whole clip and I think remixes fit the bill best. Ray suggested they may have some instrumentals out there too which I will look into, but I want to try and keep roughly to a video a week schedule and I decided to go ahead and kind of rush this one, so I can finish up work on week 2.

I chose an ML remix, because I like the remixes from her MF albums the best and I figured if I was going to use an ML one, it would be best to use it for the first one.

I'm open for suggestions for what songs to use, but like I said, I'm partial to MCE and Gour.

Here's hoping this video doesn't get yanked.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-08-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Old 08-17-2015, 02:53 AM

Try this on Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

I was watching the video again tonight. I love the part where Gregoire is trying to get Alizee to put some energy into the dance, make her moves sharp, and assert herself. Gregoire says, "You do it like this and hold it. Like I'm taking out, out all I have inside!"

And Alizee says, "Impossible...I cannot shout."

Gregoire: "You never shouted before?

Alizee: "No, never...It's impossible for me to shout."

For so public a figure, who has enjoyed so much success and done so many things apparently with unbridled confidence, Alizee really is a shy, introverted person. All these things underscore her courage.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:10 PM

She's definitely unique; one of a kind and hard to figure out, at least for me. She doesn't like to shout, which makes her seem meek, but you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of those kicks.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 AM

Quote:
She's definitely unique; one of a kind and hard to figure out, at least for me. She doesn't like to shout, which makes her seem meek, but you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of those kicks.

Because Alizee is so reserved, I suspect she's a difficult person to get close to. Once one accomplishes a degree of intimacy with her, that person is held to a much higher standard than most friends would demand. Alizee is likely to jettison a friend for life if they should ever betray her privacy.

It would be interesting to know the details of her break with MF. It could be something as mundane as a disagreement over money, but I suspect something more personal. You can be sure Alizee took a major financial hit to break with MF. Alizee was stressed by the need to play a role she felt emotionally unsuited for. MF is a libertine and that could have tested Alizee's sense of propriety and intruded on her privacy. It's also evident that Alizee does not like to take orders. As the girl's benefactor, MF probably assumed giving orders was within her purview. Alizee isn't comfortable surrendering control of her life to anyone, although she did acquiesce to Gregorie's intelligent and gentle guidance. In that one instance, I think she was happy to loosen her grip, to relax and let someone she trusted take charge.

In that Alizee has survived so long in the entertainment business, a business that devours people by the gross, she is by no measure a weakling. She does however appear to be exceptionally sensitive and insecure. We see her emotional vulnerability in the frequency she weeps over her daughter, and again upon receiving rewards--emotional displays most people find irresistibly charming.

In Scuffydog’s video, Alizee simply mentions her daughter and loses control to the point she has to stop talking. I—like Rev—was surprised that she doubted her ability to survive on DALS for long. Being so popular a pop star, I thought Alizee had a major advantage. I even wondered if the fix might be in to keep her on the show for as long as possible to draw a large audience. When she won and went crazy with delight, it was obvious she really had no idea she would win. When Gregorie told her she had to seduce and become a dominator, she commented that, it’s going to be very hard—this coming from a young woman who has seduced millions of people: men, women, and children. Whenever she reads her blogs, she is inundated by comments of how people adore her. That she would be insecure about her ability to seduce and dominate, strikes me as telling.

The way she hung teary-eyed onto Tal suggests more than affection. It appeared a display of insecurity, much like a child clinging to her mother. Alizee’s decision to stay close to home, constantly returning to Ajaccio rather than taking off on her own, also suggest a degree of insecurity. Although she travelled to Mexico and Asia, it's my impression she wasn't comfortable in either place. I wonder why she never attempted to break into the USA market, the most lucrative market in the world and one she could have done quite well in during her early years—even though she couldn’t speak English. It seemed an obvious career move. My sense is that she didn’t feel confident taking on the states. She felt more secure in her home country of France. Her choice of childish tattoos implies an emotional immaturity. Her motto "Forever Young" is reminiscent of Peter Pan's desire to stay a child. Because Alizee is an artist, I would have predicted her tattoos to be more artistic, more mature. To be honest, I never would have predicted tattoos at all.

I suspect that Gregorie's quitting DALS did have something to do with Alizee’s insecurities. I doubt that she demanded he leave the competition. I'm sure that was his doing alone, but I think Alizee probably did voice her jealousy. Nathalie Pechalat is definitely a woman to be jealous of. In response Gregorie chose a dramatic demonstration of his fidelity.

I see Alizee as the opposite of Madonna, who is a difficult personality because she is egomaniacal, whereas Alizee is difficult because she is emotionally vulnerable and defensive. I think the key to decoding Alizee's behavioral vicissitudes is her sense of insecurity, which is camouflaged by her delightful charm and her competence as an entertainer. Her vulnerability is one of the things about her that I find irresistible.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-18-2015 at 03:22 AM..
Old 08-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Shepherd, you've picked up on some of the same things I sense about her.

In my time following Alizée I've sometimes thought she acted in predictable ways but usually she manages to surprise or just plain baffle me.

Whatever it is about her, it's why I'm a fan.

Tags
alizee, dals, subtitles