Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 09-15-2009, 02:00 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default A Actual Message From A Actual French Person!

Hi, CF é tlm, I was corresponding with a Lillytowner, and it's been escalating.

>> Suggestion 3: La mienne lol
Ce dont souffre le plus Alizée en France, c'est d'un défaut de crédibilité du à la persistance de son image de Lolita ; c'est une pauvre fille sans cervelle, juste bonne à remuer le derrière, téléguidée par MF comme une marionnette, incapable de vraiment chanter, pas auteur, pas musicienne, avec des chansons pour gamine..., même son succès à l'étranger est complètement nié.
Et là, les fans américains peuvent intervenir,ici en France pour conforter sa crédibilité.
Il va y avoir des articles sur le net, avec possibilité aux internautes de réagir et poster un messages. Les liens seront certainement sur Lilly town.
Il serait bien que des fans puissent venir écrire un petits message en anglais, pour dire simplement qu'Alizée est une vraie musicienne, qu'ils ont aimé Psychédélices, et qu'ils attendent le nouvel album avec impatience... 2 ou 3 pas plus.Pas besoin de dire que c'est un ange, une déesse...ni "Fuck, shake that nice ass!! wow" lol

LA SUITE PLUS TARD...

Bonnes chances Alizée America pour ses entreprises

Last edited by Chuck; 09-16-2009 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Eviter les Complications...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, it sounds like, from the beginning of the second paragraph, that we need to see what you wrote to him.
By the way, I think you certainly could have opened a new thread about this.

Dang man, you really brought it all back up for me with this one. I'll try to keep working on it, but you really launched me into my multi-hour reflection on the subject and thinking of responses in French which I will probably not be able to ever write down. It takes so long even when I'm thinking in English. I guess that partially explains why I've never had such conversations with French people. And ultimately, like life in general, it is what it is. What can one do?

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 09-15-2009 at 10:14 AM..
Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Wink À Roman--

Ah, but I have piqued your interest, non?

Maybe yer right, a new thread - I had thought we should do that with the Engrish version of this (or just the highlights herein) - so when that gets posted, we'll fill in more of the details.

You (or anyone else) may proceed with that if you like, I stil busy tday.

Back later, tho...
Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Je suis encore en train de traduire cela. Je ne peux pas même lire le truc entier encore. Mais, je continue...

Merci Fanny
Old 09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Thumbs up À Roman Encore--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
... It takes so long even when I'm thinking in English. I guess that partially explains why I've never had such conversations with French people.
The "thinking in English" part is pretty cool, Roman. Until recently, I'd forgotten how that is. (I'd learned French when I was young, then didn't even need it for anything--for decades--until discovering Alizée and all of you.) The brain actually "switches gears" or something, and can it get disorienting at times! I've noticed lately that after a long night of reading or writing in French, I'll have trouble when trying to speak or write in English the next day!

As for "having conversations with French people", well, you will! Me, I just write out what I want to say in my first language (Engl.), then do all my editing on that, THEN translate it. Weeks ago, I wasn't doing that, just trying to write in French directly, but it was taking me a lot longer. Now, I`m almost back in form enough to really talk French w/ real French folk (like the people down our street), but my mind is still kinda slow there. Way better than a month ago, tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
...And ultimately, like life in general, it is what it is. What can one do?
SEE - You're thinking in French right there! Salut! Bonne chance!

Last edited by Chuck; 09-15-2009 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: NO REASON AT ALL. WHO WANTS TO KNOW?!!!!?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ah, but I have piqued your interest, non?
My interest also Big thanks for sharing so great opinions. Generally I understand this text, but Translating it from my 3rd language to 2nd would be very hard, but maybe I give a try
Me, I always write directly in English, writing in Polish, then translating is too big work for me, I'm very lazy
And changing languages could be strange mind experience.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Chuck, I hope it was alright with [him] for you to post his remarks here in public.
In any case, I hope you invite him to join us here. I'm sure we would all benefit from his perspectives going into the future. I only hope he would get something from us in return.

Much of what I was able to gather seems to ring true with what I believed was going on with her fans at home, but I have never been completely sure of it because of my poor language skills regarding French.

I especially like the YouTube idea and also the part about USA fans backing Alizée up on some of the links he mentioned. I think a key point is for us to let Alizée and anyone who is interested know that we enjoyed Psychédélices and are looking forward, not backward - that we are not waiting for Lolita to return, and we think she is a real artist and deserves all the dignity and respect that a real artist has coming. It seems she needs that kind of outlook from her fans right now. I don't know how much credence we have, or can lend to the situation, but I think we should try, nevertheless.

Last edited by CFHollister; 09-16-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: The friend asked for his name to be removed from public.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Wink LEftY -

Yeah, he knows. (He didn't say I couldn't quote him, when I asked about it.) I was worried about his safety, just like you - other Lilly towners tracking the poor guy down, shivving him with a baguette in an alley somewhere -
- then somehow I didn't worry that much anymore.

And actually, although he advised me to lay low, he's pretty antagonistic to the old-schoolers on the LTF.

I'll try to invite him, but I haven't found out if he writes much English yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefse12357 View Post
I especially like the YouTube idea and also the part about USA fans backing Alizée up on some of the links he mentioned. I think a key point is for us to let Alizée and anyone who is interested know that we enjoyed Psychédélices and are looking forward, not backward -
yEAH!! Forward! You were probably as surprised as me, but again and again it seems true - the majority of LTF people really DO prefer her first 2 discs. On a recent in-forum poll they did, the fave was Gourmandises. Followed by MCE. etc., etc. And they do love their Mylène. Give me a break! Give your idol Alizée a break, too, you beret-wearing silly people!

Okay, most Americans still prefer "skinny Elvis" over "fat Elvis", but that's the closest parallel I can come up with.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

So, I did break this off as a new thread. Since that's a lot of French for me to fake my way through, it would be helpful to me if one of you could tell me if this thread really should be moved to a different forum or stay here. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

well technically, I'm a real French person

but I know what you mean